Requested Rebuttal to Graphics Claiming Jesus is Jehovah

Apple7

Excuse me, but the WT didn't give me the information on Professor BeDuhn. I found it on my own. Kindly refrain from your foundationless accusations.

All JW's use the same material and tactics.

Coincidence?

Hardy.

Its ironic that you no longer refer to Dr. Bart Ehrman after I informed you, years ago, that he acknowledged that Jesus is Theos!

:rotfl:

Apple7

I don't understand your objections to what I post. You see, the Father is YHWH. Only the Father. He is named in 7,000 instances in the Hebrew Scriptures, and one example is where YHWH anoints Jesus and sends Jesus to help mankind (Isaiah 61:1,2). Jesus applies that (one being anointed) to himself at Luke 4:18-21. So how can Jesus AND the Father be YHWH?

This is what Jesus applied to himself in Luke:

"The spirit of the Lord YHWH has been given to me, for YHWH has anointed me. He has sent me to bring good news to the poor...[etc.]" (Isaiah 61:1, The Jerusalem Bible)

You see? Jesus is not YHWH. YHWH is the Father and is distinct from Jesus.

The Servant of Yahweh calls Himself Yahweh (Isa 61.8)

Once again, CONTEXT utterly destroys your polemic.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I don't know why people think that Jesus is the Father. There seems to be some misunderstanding about who the Father is. The Father is YHWH. When you say that Jesus is YHWH, you are saying that Jesus is the Father.
No trinitarian thinks that Jesus is the Father. Yet another straw man.

No Trinitarian denies this.

No, We are not.

When we say that the Father is YHWH, we are saying that the Father is the FIRST PERSON of the TRIUNE GOD (YHWH).

When we say that the Son (Jesus) is YHWH, we are saying that the Son is the SECOND PERSON of the TRIUNE GOD (YHWH).

When we say that the Holy Spirit is YHWH, we are saying that the Holy Spirit is the THIRD PERSON of the TRIUNE GOD (YHWH).

Get it right, maybe you'll understand it then.

We agree that the Father is YHWH. You don't seem to get, though, that the Father is only the FIRST PERSON of the Triune YHWH.

YES, ONLY THE FATHER, AND ONLY THE SON, AND ONLY THE HOLY SPIRIT, IS YHWH.

BECAUSE YHWH IS TRIUNE!

Yup, you completely ignore the context of that verse, just as I pointed out the last time you referenced it.

BECAUSE YHWH IS TRIUNE!

HOW! MANY! TIMES! DO! WE! HAVE! TO! KEEP! REPEATING! IT!

SO WHAT!!! THAT DOESN'T MAKE JESUS NOT YHWH!

See above.

No, YHWH is FATHER, SON, AND HOLY SPIRIT.

JESUS IS DISTINCT FROM THE FATHER IS DISTINCT FROM THE HOLY SPIRIT!

YET THEY ARE ALL ONE YHWH!!!

You KEEP IGNORING THE FACT THAT YHWH IS TRIUNE!

You're making the same claim here that you make when saying that "day" doesn't mean a literal 24hour period in Genesis.

KR: Because "I AM" is sometimes translated "I will" or "I shall" in other places in the Bible means that it doesn't mean "I AM" where it says "I AM".

That's faulty logic at best.

GOD (YHWH, FATHER SON HOLY SPIRIT) said to Moses, I AM WHO I AM.

Jesus said "Before Abraham was, I AM."

No, the only reason it doesn't make sense to you (it makes perfect sense to us trinitarians why Jesus would say He is I AM) is because you twist scripture to say that Jesus is not God.

Superior? That's all you can come up with?

No, Jesus told the Pharisees "I AM" BECAUSE HE IS YHWH.

If Jesus was anything other than YHWH, His death on the cross would not be enough to save one person, LET ALONE THE ENTIRE WORLD!

They didn't like it because JESUS WAS CLAIMING EQUALITY WITH GOD, JUST LIKE PHILIPPIANS SAYS HE WAS!

KR, WHICH ANGEL ever judged any man on HIS (the angel's) OWN AUTHORITY!?

This coming from someone who rejects scripture.

Before you go, please either accept or reject this scripture:

None of them can by any means redeem his brother, Nor give to God a ransom for him—For the redemption of their souls is costly, And it shall cease forever—That he should continue to live eternally, And not see the Pit. . . . But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave, For He shall receive me. Selah - Psalm 49:7-9,15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm49:7-9,15&version=NKJV
I'm still waiting for you to respond to this, KingdomRose.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
John 8-58

Matt 16:13-17
13 When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, "Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?"
14 So they said, "Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets."
15 He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"
16 Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
17 Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.
John 7:39-43
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
40 Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet.
41 Others said, This is the Christ. But some said, Shall Christ come out of Galilee?
42 Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?
43 So there was a division among the people because of him.
John 7:51-52
51 Doth our law judge any man, before it hear him, and know what he doeth?
52 They answered and said unto him, Art thou also of Galilee? Search, and look: for out of Galilee ariseth no prophet.
John 8:1-2
1 Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.
2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.
John 8:12
12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
John 8:16-18
16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.
17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.
18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
John 8:21
21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.
John 8:23-24
23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
John 8:28-29
28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
John 8:58-59
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.
(KJV)
xxx Jesus was teaching in the temple and they were questioning Him on whether or not He was the Christ. Then they all went home and came back the next day to question Him some more. When Jesus told them: you will die in your sins if you do not believe that I am He. Then in verse 58 Jesus was telling them that even before Abraham that I am . But they picked up stones to throw at Him so they cut Jesus off in the middle of His sentance and Jesus got out of there. Jesus was claiming that" I AM He" the Christ. Jesus was not claiming He was God.
verse 24 and 28 Jesus said it, I am he. Jesus was saying He was the Christ that they were speaking of in John 7-41. But in is obvious why they didnt understand from John 7-39 they havent received the Holy Spirit yet. And even today many do not know the Spirit and get deceived in the verses.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John 8:58 is probably the most unmistakable claim of deity yet made by Christ and the Jewish leaders clearly understood what He meant. He was saying that He is the "I Am."

keypurr

God has a Son. Pretty simple, even a child could understand.
Since God has a Son, the Son must be God as well.

So if a King has a Son the Son is also King?????

The word God is a title, position. The Son does not become King because he is the Son.

beameup

So if a King has a Son the Son is also King?????

The word God is a title, position. The Son does not become King because he is the Son.

I suggest you read the book of Hebrews.
The Son is both Priest and King over Israel (in absentia)
God can choose to be whatever He chooses to be.

Tigger 2

John 8:58 is probably the most unmistakable claim of deity yet made by Christ and the Jewish leaders clearly understood what He meant. He was saying that He is the "I Am."

IF 'I am' (ego eimi) were truly an exclusive name or title of God, it would still not apply to the use of it at John 8:58 where Jesus merely explains the length of his existence (before Abraham).

It IS used as an identification at John 9:9, but we see no reaction to the one using that expression.

Furthermore, the second half of this trinity 'proof' (Exodus 3:14) uses ehyeh which should be rendered "I will be" (see Exodus 3:12 and all other uses of ehyeh by Moses).

See my complete study of this subject: http://examiningthetrinity.blogspot.com/2009/09/i-am-part-1.html

popsthebuilder

Is Jesus quoting God the Father in Mark 12:26?

Mark 12:26,
But concerning the dead, that they are raised, have you not read in the book of Moses, as God spoke to him at the Bush, saying, "I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob"?

No.

He is quoting Himself, God the Son, as thus…

Exodus 3.1 - 6

And Moses was feeding the flock of his father-in-law Jethro, the priest of Midian. And he led the flock behind the wilderness and came to the mountain of The Gods, to Horeb. And Malek Yahweh appeared to him in a flame of fire from the middle of a thorn bush. And he looked, and behold, the thorn bush was burning with fire, and the thorn bush was not burned up! And Moses said, I will turn aside now and see this great sight, why the thorn bush is not burned up. And Yahweh saw that he turned aside to see, and Elohim called to him from the midst of the thorn bush, and said, Moses! Moses! And he said, Behold me. And He said, Do not come near here. Pull off your sandals from your feet, for the place on which you are standing is holy ground. And He said, I am the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face, for he feared to look upon The Gods.

These verses tell us plainly that Moses both saw and spoke with Malek Yahweh (i.e. God the Son) in the midst of the fire.

Observe that the Triune God occupies the Mount (Moses came to the mountain of all The Gods ‘Ha- Elohim’), as the terms Yahweh, Elohim, Malek Yahweh & Ha- Elohim (literally all The Gods!) are used interchangeably.

Who occupied the burning bush?

•Malek Yahweh
•Yahweh
•Elohim
•The Gods (Ha Elohim)

I must admit that what you have stated along with the ot translations seem very polytheistic.

Fire/ burning within this context can resemble the Spirit of GOD.

Any plurality should be considered as that singular Spirit, through various means.

These verses seem to speak to repentance, baptism, purification, and the singular Spirit within the multitude of fashions in which GOD chooses to communicate to those who hear and believe. It does not enforce the doctrine of the trinity so much as the good news.
d6de8b008dde8fa33a45d7cb8a8375e3.jpg
a040ea04680bfe544b7735a716ffc9cb.jpg
863346d85666178d626d8f91eff00edc.jpg
5eb075cdcdd5ac67f6ef6bb4c8267f36.jpg
5144b403cf57aaf47777f01b85387edd.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

Consider these passages from Exodus…

And Elohim spoke to Moses and said to him, I am Yahweh. And I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as El Shaddai (God Almighty), and by My name, Yahweh, I have not been known to them. (Exo 6.2 – 3)

Here, we have the astounding revelation by the Triune God that the patriarchs did not know Him by His name, Yahweh.

If they did not know Him by His name, Yahweh, then what did they know Him by?

They knew Him by El Shaddai (God Almighty), The Son (Gen 17.1, 28.3, 35.11, 43.14, 48.3, 49.25).

Malek Yahweh, El Shaddai, also the Son, revealed to Moses that He was ‘I AM’ and Yahweh (Exo 3.14 – 15, 6.3).

The Triune God has always held one name. Even the NT confirms that the Father, Son & Spirit share the same singular name (Mat 28.19).
Singular Spirit.

popsthebuilder

Yeppers.
They thought He was looney for saying He was before Abraham.
Lunacy was not a stoning offense.
So there was more to what Jesus said than just being looney about His age.
There was something so offensive in His words that they deemed it a stoning offense.
Couldn't they have taken great offence because they took His words as Him saying He was GOD almighty, when He could have been saying that the Spirit was within Him?