Robb Elementary School shooting

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Same here, I was mad fuming at Ted Cruz last night and wanted somewhere to vent.

To be fair , venting helps no-one, so hopefully, a more conversational toner will be better.

Wishing you and yours well.
The only possible reason you could be mad fuming at Ted Cruz is because some talking head on the television told you to be mad fuming at Ted Cruz.

They count on people like you. They count on you tuning in. They count on you buying the products they sell. This is all about advertising and revenue. You are a sheeple that they milk everyday. And they know that they won't make money from you by pushing the "4500 children starve to death everyday in India" story. They know that they won't make money from you by pushing the "1 million Uhygurs enslaved by the CCP" story. They know they won't make any money from you from the thousands upon thousands of stories that nobody covers at all about suffering in Africa, in Asia, in South and Central America, in indigenous Canada.

But they know that they can count on you tuning in when the story is "be mad fuming at Ted Cruz"

Baaaaaa

This Charming Manc

The only possible reason you could be mad fuming at Ted Cruz is because some talking head on the television told you to be mad fuming at Ted Cruz.

They count on people like you. They count on you tuning in. They count on you buying the products they sell. This is all about advertising and revenue. You are a sheeple that they milk everyday. And they know that they won't make money from you by pushing the "4500 children starve to death everyday in India" story. They know that they won't make money from you by pushing the "1 million Uhygurs enslaved by the CCP" story. They know they won't make any money from you from the thousands upon thousands of stories that nobody covers at all about suffering in Africa, in Asia, in South and Central America, in indigenous Canada.

But they know that they can count on you tuning in when the story is "be mad fuming at Ted Cruz"

Baaaaaa

It did take a talking head, all it took was his comments, the timing of them and the amount of money he has received from the NRA.

But as I think we got close to agreeing on the other thread, there are bigger issues inn the world and i5 does well to keep out minds on both

marke

WB, nice to see you. BTW, Cruz belongs on permanent mute.
Cruz tells the truth and that infuriates leftist democrats like Biden. Biden thinks disarming good people will somehow make crooks, thugs, murderers, and the like become law-abiding, loving, kind, peaceful citizens. What kooks leftists keep proving themselves to be.

Tucker ripped into him: "The President of the United States, frail, confused, bitterly partisan, desecrating the memory of recently murdered children with tired talking points of the Democratic Party, dividing the country in a moment of deep pain rather than uniting, his voice rising, amplified only as he repeats the talking points he repeated for over 35 years in the United States Senate, partisan politics being the only thing that animates him, unfit for leadership of this country."

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Same here, I was mad fuming at Ted Cruz last night and wanted somewhere to vent.

To be fair , venting helps no-one, so hopefully, a more conversational toner will be better.

Cruz bemoans politicizing the murders while politicizing the murders. It's the usual hypocrisy and deflection from the horror of what has happened. He's more worried about his electorate knowing he's still got their 2A back than he is about those poor children.

Wishing you and yours well.

Wishing you the same. : )

ok doser

Lefties remove God, the Bible, and biblical discipline from schools and then blame guns for the character flaws of the shooters. That is known as misdiagnosing the problem and promoting bad policies in historically failed efforts to treat the problem.
I'm surprised that nobody is mentioning the elephant in the room. The Buffalo shooter, this latest guy in Texas, regardless of the manifestos they leave, or the tangled lives that are described by those who knew them after the fact - regardless of all the motivations that might be ascribed to them they all have one thing in common. They all chose to embrace evil.

They all chose to be demon led

This Charming Manc

Lefties remove God, the Bible, and biblical discipline from schools and then blame guns for the character flaws of the shooters. That is known as misdiagnosing the problem and promoting bad policies in historically failed efforts to treat the problem.

Though like the God, the bible and loving discipline, I'm not sure it's the state's job to institute them.

Comparing school shootings worldwide there are many secular countries that separate the church and state that don't have regular school shootings. The factora that stand out for the US are guns and regular school shootings.

ok doser

Cruz bemoans politicizing the murders while politicizing the murders. It's the usual hypocrisy and deflection from the horror of what has happened. He's more worried about his electorate knowing he's still got their 2A back than he is about those poor children.

Wishing you the same. : )
And predictably here you are talking about him

Baaaa

ok doser

Cruz tells the truth and that infuriates leftist democrats like Biden. Biden thinks disarming good people will somehow make crooks, thugs, murderers, and the like become law-abiding, loving, kind, peaceful citizens. What kooks leftists keep proving themselves to be.

Tucker ripped into him: "The President of the United States, frail, confused, bitterly partisan, desecrating the memory of recently murdered children with tired talking points of the Democratic Party, dividing the country in a moment of deep pain rather than uniting, his voice rising, amplified only as he repeats the talking points he repeated for over 35 years in the United States Senate, partisan politics being the only thing that animates him, unfit for leadership of this country."
I don't have a television. The last one I saw was in my doctor's waiting room. I was doing some house cleaning yesterday and I turned on the radio for the first time in months. Listened to it for about 20 seconds and turned it off. This was before the shooting they were just covering the normal crap.

I will probably eventually find clips on Facebook or on YouTube showing Ted Cruz talking about it, or showing President Potato talking about it, or showing Tucker Carlson talking about it. But not today. I'm not interested in being part of the rage mob today. I'm not interested in participating in the 2 minutes hate.

ok doser

Though like the God, the bible and loving discipline, I'm not sure it's the state's job to institute them.

Comparing school shootings worldwide there are many secular countries that separate the church and state that don't have regular school shootings. The factora that stand out for the US are guns and regular school shootings.
Presumably in these other countries there are disaffected youths of the same nature as those that become school shooters here.

What do they become in those other countries?

Because if I was determined to achieve a high body count in a school shooting in which I intended to die, I could do a whole lot better than using a gun.

marke

The fact remains that where guns are scarce, limited, or banned, mass shootings have prevailed. Outlawing guns will do nothing to turn a murderer into a law-abiding citizen. Large Democrat-controlled cities have some of the most restrictive gun laws and the highest murder by firearm rates. Restrictive gun laws are not working. It is the height of stupidity to double down on failed policies in hopes that someday those policies might end up working.

This Charming Manc

It doesn't tend to happen.

We had a serious knife attack in 1996, which ended with 7 pupils injured none killed, and no other significant incidents with multiple fatalities/victims spring to mind. I think a headmaster was stabbed fatally in mind 2010's but that's it for the UK.

Its seems to be that gun culture and the influence it brings, means that desperate and broken people have the ability lash out in a way that 'gets back at the system' its much rarer in other countries.

I'm not saying other countries have it perfect, just that the laws seem to mitigate evil intent in the way I think laws are supposed to.

Presumably in these other countries there are disaffected youths of the same nature as those that become school shooters here.

What do they become in those other countries?

Because if I was determined to achieve a high body count in a school shooting in which I intended to die, I could do a whole lot better than using a gun.