Theology Club: SaultoPaul and the Dispensation of the Gospel

heir

TOL Subscriber
I am appalled that any Christian would teach that those in the church at Rome were not saved nor were they in the Body of Christ when Paul wrote his epistle to them.

Do you honestly think that Paul would write the following to a group of unsaved people?:

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together" (Ro.8:15-17).​

If you think that Paul addressed those words to a group of undsaved people then you are absolutely clueless.
We have every reason to believe they became members of the Body of Christ. Go look at all of the threads and posts on the topic as we have been over this repeatedly. Also, You should stop worrying about what others believe and check yourself as you don't even know what the gospel of your salvation is 2 Corinthians 13:5 KJV and then 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV.

Danoh

So are you now saying that STP was in error when he said that those in the church at Rome were not saved nor were they in the Body of Christ when Paul wrote these words to them?:

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together" (Ro.8:15-17).​

Did you finally realize that it is really ignorant to think that Paul would write those things to the unsaved?

I told you why I believe that and gave proof from the Scriptures to support my belief. And you had a chance toprove what I said was in error but you did not even attempt to prove that anything I said was in error. Here it is again:

Paul was saved on the Damascus road and at that time he had not yet received the gospel which he preached to the Gentiles, so therefore it is impossible that he was saved by that gospel. For my proof let us look at this passage:

"But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus" (Gal.1:15-17).​

When Paul received a gospel from the Lord Jesus on the Damascus road he immediately went to Damascus (Acts 9:6-8). And there is no doubt that he was saved on the Damascus road.

But when he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles he went immediately into Arabia. That can only mean that by the time he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles he was already saved.

You have already been shown these facts but you are unable to learn anything from them.

"Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth" (2 Tim.3:7).​

Everyone but Jerry knows that Jerry just wants everyone to agree with him.

That - ever the know it all, with all the right answers - he does not want to explore anything with anyone.

In short, there is no point in attempting dialogue with him other then in the negative that he himself brings against himself.

Its weird - that's his screwed up notion of "fellowship."

The dark cloud of impending rain that appears on the horizon to ruin one's planned time in the Son with others of like precious faith.

He probably has in own ants.

Explains his incessant itch to...

Jerry Shugart

SMH I asked you what the gospel of your salvation is, Jerry.

The gospel of grace.

I answer you but you do not return the favor. You just ignored my answers to your points.

We (Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians and us) are fellowheirs and of the same Body (with Paul, the Romans, Corinthians, Galatians and Thessalonians) and partaker of God's promise in Christ by the gospel (Ephesians 3:6 KJV)...

So are you now saying that STP was in error when he said that those in the church at Rome were not saved nor were they in the Body of Christ when Paul wrote these words to them?:

Did you finally realize that it is really ignorant to think that Paul would write those things to the unsaved?

and there you were denying Paul was saved by the very gospel he received (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), that is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV), and established us into the Body (Romans 16:25-26 KJV)! It did leave me speechless! And I have to ask, what is the gospel of your salvation?

I told you why I believe that and gave proof from the Scriptures to support my belief. And you had a chance toprove what I said was in error but you did not even attempt to prove that anything I said was in error. Here it is again:

Paul was saved on the Damascus road and at that time he had not yet received the gospel which he preached to the Gentiles, so therefore it is impossible that he was saved by that gospel. For my proof let us look at this passage:

"But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus" (Gal.1:15-17).​

When Paul received a gospel from the Lord Jesus on the Damascus road he immediately went to Damascus (Acts 9:6-8). And there is no doubt that he was saved on the Damascus road.

But when he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles he went immediately into Arabia. That can only mean that by the time he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles he was already saved.

You have already been shown these facts but you are unable to learn anything from them.

I guess that before this is over that I will have to answer thisadozen more time and even then you will not understand it.

Danoh

The gospel of grace.

I answer you but you do not return the favor. You just ignored my answers to your points.

I guess that before this is over that I will have to answer thisadozen more time and even then you will not understand it.

Lol, all of a sudden repeating himself is a problem for Jerry?

Can it be, are we really and truly nearing the end of his psychosis?

Danoh

Why did you quote my entire post and then just IGNORE every single thing I said?

Do you really think that this is an intelligent debate?

Okay. No, I do not think this is an intelligent debate.

Rather, an out break of one heck of a serious neurosis down in ol San Luis de Potosi...

Jerry Shugart

We have every reason to believe they became members of the Body of Christ.

All you did was to change the subject.

Do you really believe that Paul would write these words to a group of unsaved people:

Of course you do, proving that you will believe anything, no matter how ridiculous!

Jerry Shugart

Okay. No, I do not think this is an intelligent debate.

Rather, an out break of one heck of a serious neurosis down in ol San Luis de Potosi...

You can always attack my character but why do you refuse to answer this simple question:

Do you really believe that Paul would write these words to a group of unsaved people:

Why do you continue to refuse to answer? What are you trying to hide?

Danoh

You can always attack my character but why do you refuse to answer this simple question:

Why do you continue to refuse to answer? What are you trying to hide?

Dr. Jekyll?

heir

TOL Subscriber
All you did was to change the subject.

Of course you do, proving that you will believe anything, no matter how ridiculous!
What I believe about the Romans is all over this website. As of late, here are two. They're in threads that you either started on the subject of the Romans or the thread morphed there.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4446274&postcount=45

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4449224&postcount=64

So you can stop with the, "All you did was change the subject" jazz.

All you do is start a new thread when you don't like how the other one is going.

Last edited:

Danoh

"The truth" of the matter is that we each hold to what we hold to, and all we can do is explore our different understandings.

And even that is not the province of any one to attempt to dictate to others as to what they should or should not explore.

Nor is it anyone's right to attempt to dictate to another who or what they have to agree with or not, just because such a would be lord of the pond wants it that way.

"Truth" be told, I, for one, am just fine with what I understand, as well as what I continue to be curious about as to a possibly greater understanding of.

Besides, its rather silly to expect so much, not only from total strangers, but from people who tomorrow may have moved on.

Or, in the case of some due to one, were driven off, lol

All, par for the coarse in the world of cyberspace.

Jerry Shugart

What I believe about the Romans is all over this website.

And I bet that you are as proud as punch of your irrational idea that Paul wrote these words to unbelievers:

I have never seen anything quite as strange as that idea on this forum.