Shiu Yon Zhou's testimony

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Shiu Yon Zhou spoke at Denver Bible Church today. Her testimony was incredible. She spoke about growing up in China and how her neighbor turned her in to the government for the crime of being pregnant, and how the government forced her to have an abortion. Her family helped her escape from China only to be put in prison by the US government for 5 years.

A female Christian prison guard preached the gospel to her and helped bring her to the Lord, that same prison guard risked her own job to allow Shiu Yon Zhou to speak with some pro-life activists who helped bring her story to the world. She has since testified in front of congress and has spoke on major talk show's all over the country. Our own pastor Bob Enyart helped her and her husband meet and even performed their wedding ceremony.

Some of Shiu Yon Zhou's story is featured at WorldNetDaily and I recommend that all of you read it. This is the type of story that just about everyone should be able to appreciate. It was such a blessing listening to her talk, her testimony was incredibly powerful, tragic, inspiring, shocking, and almost every other adjective I can think of.

The WND story starts like this....

A survivor of China's forced-abortion policy is warning Americans they share the responsibility for that nation's holocaust of government-mandated death through their consumerism.

The testimony comes from Shiu Yon Zhou, whose ordeal in which she lost the child who would have been her first-born has been played before Congress, on national television and in the media.

But she spoke to WND today in light of the 2008 Olympics which are scheduled in Beijing and to counter statements being released by the Chinese government that the human rights situation, long deplored as one of the worst on record, is improving.

Her story was revealed to WND in sometimes-halting English, as she still works to grasp the idiomatics of the language she now teaches to her three children, ages 6, 4, and 2, at home.

There have been no significant changes in China's human rights, she said, since that day in 1993 when her neighbor reported to police that she appeared to be pregnant without authorization, and police officers broke down the door of her family's home to take her in shackles to a hospital where she was given a "pill" and locked up.

After all, she was 18, in a "marriage" arranged by her grandmother, and pregnant even though the law said that couldn't happen until she was 23, she told WND.

Before a physician could come to make sure the baby was dead, she said, her father bribed a nurse to look the other way and she jumped from a second-story window, then fled with some family members to escape China on a fishing boat with dozens of other women in similar condition. There were men, too, since those whose wives were found guilty in such cases often lost their jobs and homes as penalty.

Weeks aboard the boat ended when U.S. authorities found the drifting vessel off the coast of Mexico and ordered it returned to China. She escaped that fate only because she was very sick, thought she still might be pregnant and was hospitalized in San Francisco.

READ THE FULL STORY HERE.

Imagine

Wow. I would have loved to hear her speak. Great article. It is a shame that governments do such things. (Both the forced abortions and the organ harvesting.) I can't imagine being in a situation like that.

Todah

I heard her speak briefly at a Banquet last night. If her story doen't "move" you, then you haven't got a heart!

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Near verbatim transcript of Shiu Yon Zhou's comments...

Near verbatim transcript of Shiu Yon Zhou's comments...

Shiu Yon Zhou Holst spoke Saturday, April 26th at the LifeCommercials annual banquet. Here are her comments:

When I was 18 years old, my family gave me an arranged marriage, which is normal in China. I became pregnant underage, because in China it’s against the law to get married, or have a baby under age 23.

Early one morning, my family had left, I was still asleep, home alone, and a loud noise, our door was kicked in, 4 women grabbed me, put handcuffs on me, and pulled me to the hospital. A nurse and two other people forced me to swallow an abortion pill, right now they said. And I had to. I was so scared, and on the second floor, and the windows were locked.

My father paid money, he bribed a nurse. And my family said I had to jump, or we would all get arrested. I was scared, but I had to jump. After that, I don’t remember what happened. I was injured, with blood on my head. I was unconscious.

My family helped me to hide. We heard about a ship to America, for freedom.
I wanted to save my baby, and be free. My father paid a lot of money, so much, to help me escape China. 25 women were on the ship for 30 days. We were all afraid and wanted freedom. We had almost no food. I became very ill. My baby died in my stomach but I didn’t know.

We came to America, but the Coast Guard made our ship go back. But I was so sick, they put me on a helicopter, and took me to a hospital I begged them don’t send me back, they will kill me; I want freedom. But they put me in jail, for 5 years, with all the criminals, in San Pedro, and then in Bakersfield, from 1993 to 1998, when Bill Clinton was president.

A Christian guard, Sheila, helped me. She brought me to a pro-life woman, a Christian activist named Terri, who held protest signs outside the jail. Terri helped me do interviews with talk shows.

The woman who got me out of jail, Sharon Peterson, called a talk show, Bob Enyart Live, and got help from Bob and the audience. And she fought and got me out of jail. These pro-life women brought me to Washington D.C., and with the help of Harry Wu, a famous Chinese dissident, I testified before Congress, and was on TV on C-SPAN.

The next day, Sharon flew me to a Bob Enyart Live seminar. (Hi Bob :) Shiu Yon turned and waved to Bob who was there to give his presentation of Focus on the Strategy III.)

I was afraid I would be deported. But that day, I met my future husband.
The next year, Bob performed our marriage, and today, Rich and I have three beautiful children.

But after I testified in Congress, the Chinese government grabbed my mom, and beat her up. They took away our home, that my grandfather built.

Chinese women in America are afraid to talk about forced abortion, because they have family at home, and their family will be arrested, and beat. Forcing women to have abortions is just as bad as Germany building concentration camps.

The Democrats are not angry at China because they are pro-abortion, and because Planned Parenthood gives millions of dollars for their population control program.

Republican pro-lifers are not outraged at China because of trade, economic and political calculations.

So no one cares, neither side, and this atrocity against women like me, millions of them, is accepted.

I thank the pro-lifers in this room, for being willing to tell the world our story, and fight for our lives.

And abortion is wrong, because it’s a baby. You never kill a baby.

Thank you.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why would anyone want to be associated in any way with such a regime?

Adam

Hall of Fame
UPDATE:
Zhou and her husband Rich are doing so well out here in Indiana. They regularly attend DRBF.

Also, she was officially sworn in as a U.S. citizen on April 9, 2009.

Here are their 3 beautiful children.
Samuel
Leah
Mary

On a sad note, that female prison guard mentioned in the OP lost her life to cancer earlier this year. We praise God that Zhou was able to make it to California for the services.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I might be able to meet them this weekend. I'm on vacation, so I would like to come to church Saturday night.

Adam

Hall of Fame
I might be able to meet them this weekend. I'm on vacation, so I would like to come to church Saturday night.
Cool! We'd love to have you. I won't be there as I'll be in Goshen working for my company at the Elkhart County Fair, but everyone else will be there. Rudy will preach in my stead.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Cool! We'd love to have you. I won't be there as I'll be in Goshen working for my company at the Elkhart County Fair, but everyone else will be there. Rudy will preach in my stead.
If I can find a way there. I'll need directions, though. It is still at the church, isn't it?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I didn't get a chance to talk to her, but she was present at the protest, today.

Adam

Hall of Fame
News from the Holst family out of Indianapolis! For the first time in 18 years, Xiu Yun Zou Holst (correct spelling) will be able to visit her family in China for about three weeks. She'll be leaving in about a month.

She obtained her citizenship here in the United States last year, 2009. Now she is free to visit China. The Chinese consulate in Chicago originally denied her request a few weeks ago but have now approved it!

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
News from the Holst family out of Indianapolis! For the first time in 18 years, Xiu Yun Zou Holst (correct spelling) will be able to visit her family in China for about three weeks. She'll be leaving in about a month.

She obtained her citizenship here in the United States last year, 2009. Now she is free to visit China. The Chinese consulate in Chicago originally denied her request a few weeks ago but have now approved it!
:BRAVO:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

Awesome!