ECT Slander and Accusation Destroy Others

S

sermonindex

Slander and Accusation Destroy Others
I fear that there may be discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, slander, gossip, arrogance and disorder. – 2 Corinthians 12:20

Church splits, divisions, gossiping and all kinds of fleshly problems is something we can think is normal in the Church life. Who has not been involved in a Church were problems existed. Paul the Apostle wrote two long letters to the Church in Corinth over on-going issues of sin in the life of body of Christ there. He was grieved over the division and lack of humility and agreement those brothers and sisters had. He was very much strongly against even a hint of division if it came out in any way of disorder, or tearing down of the body of believers. Some believers laud the clearest model of a Church meeting can be found in 1 Corinthians 14, but it seems this Church had so many problems and everyone it seems was jostling for position and few were submitting to Elders and leadership. As some in the Church wanted to follow their own leaders and way there was slander and gossip that was occurring towards other possibly Overseers. After 2 long letters to this Church there still was not a full resolution and Paul feared that the problems would still be existing. Can it be the same way for us, that years can pass and we can still harbour the same feelings of resentment, selfish ambition, and even slander and gossip can come out of our lives? Slander is a very destructive sin. It speaks usually against those who are in authority in the body of Christ, destroying their reputation and sense of respect to be submitted to. Slander separates friends and even brothers and sisters in the Lord (Proverbs 16:28).

With our mouths and careless words we can destroy another brother and sister (Proverbs 18:21). Many Churches and ministries have been split by malicious rumors, untrue accusations, without speaking to the individuals privately. The sin of slander is also dangerous in that we partake of the very character of the devil. When we follow the Lord and act godliness we are being like God as its his character. The word slanderer, or “malicious talkers” (1 Timothy 3:11) is the greek word diabolos, meaning “false” accuser. This is a title given for the devil (Jude 1:9, Revelation 20:10). When we commit the sin of slander we are doing one of the main practices of the devil. He is known as “the accuser of our brothers and sisters” (Revelation 12:10). This should sober us to realize the severity of the sin of gossip and slander. We are never called by God’s Spirit to criticize and speak evil of others in the Church but to always look how to serve and love each other. Though we might be slow to change like the Corinthian Church may God give us grace to not speak evil of the brethren. To pray for those who fail and are weak, and never spread gossip or give an ear to it ourselves, as Paul recommends to disassociate with a believer who slanders (1 Corinthians 5:11). Lord, forgive me for any gossip and slander I have done over the years, cleanse me of these sins and allow me to build up your body and not tear it down anymore. Amen.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
How about name calling by changing your opponent's user name with humiliating manner?

this is going on in a daily bases in this site.

and they are getting away with it.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Slander and Accusation Destroy Others
I fear that there may be discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, slander, gossip, arrogance and disorder. – 2 Corinthians 12:20

Church splits, divisions, gossiping and all kinds of fleshly problems is something we can think is normal in the Church life. Who has not been involved in a Church were problems existed. Paul the Apostle wrote two long letters to the Church in Corinth over on-going issues of sin in the life of body of Christ there. He was grieved over the division and lack of humility and agreement those brothers and sisters had. He was very much strongly against even a hint of division if it came out in any way of disorder, or tearing down of the body of believers. Some believers laud the clearest model of a Church meeting can be found in 1 Corinthians 14, but it seems this Church had so many problems and everyone it seems was jostling for position and few were submitting to Elders and leadership. As some in the Church wanted to follow their own leaders and way there was slander and gossip that was occurring towards other possibly Overseers. After 2 long letters to this Church there still was not a full resolution and Paul feared that the problems would still be existing. Can it be the same way for us, that years can pass and we can still harbour the same feelings of resentment, selfish ambition, and even slander and gossip can come out of our lives? Slander is a very destructive sin. It speaks usually against those who are in authority in the body of Christ, destroying their reputation and sense of respect to be submitted to. Slander separates friends and even brothers and sisters in the Lord (Proverbs 16:28).

With our mouths and careless words we can destroy another brother and sister (Proverbs 18:21). Many Churches and ministries have been split by malicious rumors, untrue accusations, without speaking to the individuals privately. The sin of slander is also dangerous in that we partake of the very character of the devil. When we follow the Lord and act godliness we are being like God as its his character. The word slanderer, or “malicious talkers” (1 Timothy 3:11) is the greek word diabolos, meaning “false” accuser. This is a title given for the devil (Jude 1:9, Revelation 20:10). When we commit the sin of slander we are doing one of the main practices of the devil. He is known as “the accuser of our brothers and sisters” (Revelation 12:10). This should sober us to realize the severity of the sin of gossip and slander. We are never called by God’s Spirit to criticize and speak evil of others in the Church but to always look how to serve and love each other. Though we might be slow to change like the Corinthian Church may God give us grace to not speak evil of the brethren. To pray for those who fail and are weak, and never spread gossip or give an ear to it ourselves, as Paul recommends to disassociate with a believer who slanders (1 Corinthians 5:11). Lord, forgive me for any gossip and slander I have done over the years, cleanse me of these sins and allow me to build up your body and not tear it down anymore. Amen.

much of that is true through the ages, especially now. the behavior you describe is in all facets of life, not just the BOC. however, IMO, what we see here is possibly more honest than face to face interaction.

rarely, if ever, do i hear these discussions or issues in a church setting; even Bible study groups. the real concerns and core issues never get addressed in-depth, because of time constraints and limited detail.

i was a little surprised the first few months here at the seemingly harsh words. i paid attention, but even then it took a few months to see who is preaching the truth. the harshness is directed at false doctrines and posts. IMO, it is mostly in fun and edification, rebuke, reproving, doctrine, correction, etc. -

2 Timothy 3:16 KJV -

i think we all love and care for each other in Christ. TOL is not for the thin skinned, but i have grown in Christ, faith and knowledge since joining. I hope you'll look past the insults, shun the gossip and find folks you agree with and share God's Word -

for me, i found out i was actually MAD before i got here; now i'm still totally MAD; for which I am glad.

Galatians 1:6 KJV - Galatians 1:8 KJV - Galatians 1:11-12 KJV -

Galatians 1:15-16 KJV -

Galatians 2:7 KJV -

Galatians 2:8 KJV - Galatians 2:9 KJV - Galatians 2:11 KJV -

Galatians 2:12 KJV - Galatians 2:14 KJV -

Galatians 2:20 KJV -

Romans 1:1 KJV -

Romans 2:16 KJV -

Romans 16:25 KJV -

2 Timothy 2:8 KJV -

- 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV -

God Bless you and yours ! ! !

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
How about name calling by changing your opponent's user name with humiliating manner?

You slander the church which is the only church there ever was in every post you submit...you change their name to Trins or Mainstreamers.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You slander the church which is the only church there ever was in every post you submit...you change their name to Trins or Mainstreamers.

The baby churches contain believers, some of whom will grow up and become active members in the Kingdom of God, and others will be cut off.

Joh 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Joh 15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
Joh 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Joh 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
Joh 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
Joh 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
Joh 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

Psalm 45.

LA

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
James 3:1-16

1 My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment.
2 For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body.
3 Indeed, we put bits in horses' mouths that they may obey us, and we turn their whole body.
4 Look also at ships: although they are so large and are driven by fierce winds, they are turned by a very small rudder wherever the pilot desires.
5 Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things. See how great a forest a little fire kindles!
6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell.
7 For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and creature of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by mankind.
8 But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
9 With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God.
10 Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so.
11 Does a spring send forth fresh water and bitter from the same opening?
12 Can a fig tree, my brethren, bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Thus no spring can yield both salt water and fresh.
13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom.
14 But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth.
15 This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic.
16 For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there.
(NKJ)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

You change peoples user names all the time - even when corrected on it.