Soldier Shuts Up Caitlyn Jenner Critics

oatmeal

So much truth here.

980x.jpg

Soldier Shuts Up Caitlyn Jenner Critics Who Say She Didn't Deserve Courage Award

Bring on the wave of ignorance, hatred, and bigotry from people who only idolize soldiers until they open their mouths or need VA support.

Courage to accept that Jenner actually had a penis and was therefore a man?

Courage to accept that you have only two arms, and that two arms is the right amount?

Transgenders do not have the courage to face the facts and live their lives accordingly.

If a person thinks they are a giraffe, should they have cosmetic surgery so they look more like a giraffe? Or should counseling be recommended to that person to accept the fact that they are a human and not a giraffe?

Soldiers are not all wise, all knowing nor did they design and create the heavens and the earth.

God did.

Breathe

It was a way for ESPN to cash in on all of the publicity surrounding this person, no more than that. What I find interesting is that, if you disagree with the current idolization of the LGBT movement and personages, you're automatically a "hater". I don't hate Bruce Jenner (and yes, he is still a he, genetically and physically). I don't hate anyone. I disagree with the actions they take in their personal lives because it disturbs me to see anyone draw further from God. Because this is wrong, I can say so - and still love the wrong doer.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Now now Tinark, don't be too hard on Sandy. When it comes down to it you both agree that Bruce Jenner is enjoying his constitutional right to privacy.

"Over the last 50 years, the “right to privacy” has been used to cover every form of sexual practice [contraception, abortion, homosexuality, cross-dressing/genital mutilation], displacing the public's right to object on moral grounds – something contained in Kennedy's 2003 Lawrence v. Texas ruling.
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/h...riage-ruling-is-tied-to-abortion-and-contrace

Shouldn't you be scouring the internet for pics?

Where should I start, the "right to privacy" that came with Roe v Wade and pictures of dead babies?

Or maybe I should show pictures of adults and children that have contracted AIDS because of homosexuality being decriminalized? (it's a "right to privacy" thing don't cha know).

Boy Sandy, there are so many pictures to look at when it comes to your "right to privacy" moral relativist world, where should I start?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...How is that not heroic?
How is being "honest" about your inclinations inherently heroic? Blacks who walked into the maw of a corrupt police in Selma were heroic. Indians who faced the clubs of the British police in India were heroic.

Having elective surgery to suit some inner sense of self then accepting accolade and award isn't. And Jenner didn't transform himself to save anyone. He did what he did for himself. That's not heroism. A speech isn't heroic either, unless you're standing below the hangman. Hoping to turn your own choices into someone else's support and victory, depending on the choices, could be described as service to a good, but that's about it...and in this case I think that good is arguable at best.

GFR7

How is being "honest" about your inclinations inherently heroic? Blacks who walked into the maw of a corrupt police in Selma were heroic. Indians who faced the clubs of the British police in India were heroic.

Having elective surgery to suit some inner sense of self then accepting accolade and award isn't. And Jenner didn't transform himself to save anyone. He did what he did for himself. That's not heroism. A speech isn't heroic either, unless you're standing below the hangman. Hoping to turn your own choices into someone else's support and victory, depending on the choices, could be described as service to a good, but that's about it...and in this case I think that good is arguable at best.
Very well stated. :up:

glassjester

If a person thinks they are a giraffe, should they have cosmetic surgery so they look more like a giraffe?

Yes.

And anyone that disagrees is a bigot.

And counseling to dissuade them from maiming themselves should be outlawed.

And minors should be allowed to have this surgery done without parental consent.

And taxes should pay for the whole shebang.

shagster01

Sancocho

America is so lost mere acts of acceptance out of kindness now appear heroic.

After all what can you expect from a country that used to enslave their own brothers and now kills it's children in the womb at levels only seen during major wars???

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The soldier ... is full of hot air. He doesn't get to define what the word heroic or courage means to others.

What actual danger was Jenner ever in? What does he/she have to realistically gain or lose for coming forward?

The gain: notoriety. Public recognition.

The lose: nothing.

Compare that to a soldier on the battle field, a policeman who takes a bullet for another person, a firefighter who dies while attempting to rescue others from a burning building, etc.

The only thing I agree with the soldier on is that it's unnecessary to use derogatory language towards Jenner.

That says it all.

Christian Liberty

I wouldn't use terms like "freak" or "faggot" and I believe that God can still save Bruce Jenner. He does not, however, deserve a reward for pretending to be something he isn't, and that God never intended him to be. Instead he should be called to repentance.

rexlunae

Do you seriously think that Jenner is the only person who has ever tried to help potential victims of suicide.

By the same logic, no soldier is a hero, because none of them are the only people to practice their various forms of heroism. Right? How many men have jumped on hand-grenades to save their comrades? More than one, I'll bet.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falling_on_a_grenade

No, I think reaching out and helping someone who feels hopeless is the right thing to do. Nothing heroic about it.

Sometimes doing the right thing makes a hero. It's not as if the two ideas are mutually exclusive.

Most of those millions are confused teens, previously abused children, etc. Are their deaths of no importance?

It's not a zero-sum game where calling one person a hero negates someone else's heroism.

What exactly did Jenner fear losing by coming forward? Life. The life of a child. Spouse. Etc.?

Public shame and humiliation. Physical attacks and discrimination. Rejection by fans, friends, and family. The usual.

I am not saying you are not allowed to grant the title of hero to whoever meets your specifications ... just that it is unreasonable to expect others to agree with your assessment.

No it's not. It's perfectly reasonable. Many people do, in fact, agree. You clearly don't, and that's fine, no one said that you must, but you don't stand on any more objective ground one way or the other. And I'd really like to know what good there is in trying to knock down the people who think that she is a hero.

rexlunae

Having elective surgery to suit some inner sense of self then accepting accolade and award isn't.

If that were the whole of the matter, I would probably agree. But then, trans people often face violence and rejection. Maybe Jenner is in a situation where she is unlikely to go through that, but by normalizing the process, she is likely making it easier for other people who may not have her level of protection and privilege.

And Jenner didn't transform himself to save anyone. He did what he did for himself. That's not heroism.

You could say the same of the blacks facing police violence and the Indian anti-colonialists. Surely they largely fought for their rights for their own benefits. That doesn't mean it wasn't heroic. I don't think anyone would argue that Jenner's hardship is on anything like that level, but that isn't necessarily what makes a hero.

Nazaroo

Dorothy: Your Majesty, if you were queeny-king,
you wouldn't be afraid of any anti-LGBT thing?
Cowardly Lion: Not no female-body! Not no-frau!

Tin Woodsman: Not even a hetero-aweceros?
Cowardly Lion: Imposerous!

Dorothy: How about a hippy-buy-potamus?
Cowardly Lion: Why, I'd spank him both as a top and a bottomus!

Dorothy: Supposing you met a Lesbo-celebrant?
Cowardly Lion: I'd wrap her up in duct-tape
and make her into a legal immigrant!

Scarecrow: What if it were a Tel-evangelo-saurus?
Cowardly Lion: I'd show him who was queen of the hypocrisy forest!

Cowardly-Lion1.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If that were the whole of the matter, I would probably agree. But then, trans people often face violence and rejection.
Then find a sports figure who has had to address that and give him or her the award. Jenner got a magazine cover and an award for doing something that he felt obliged to do for himself. That's not a profile in particular courage.

You could say the same of the blacks facing police violence and the Indian anti-colonialists. Surely they largely fought for their rights for their own benefits. That doesn't mean it wasn't heroic.
Or, their experience with an evil informed a particular outrage that transcended their own immediate interests to the point where they would risk the life that gave them any advantage to advance the end of that evil. That's a bit different.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
By the same logic, no soldier is a hero, because none of them are the only people to practice their various forms of heroism. Right? How many men have jumped on hand-grenades to save their comrades? More than one, I'll bet.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falling_on_a_grenade

Or been shot at ... or tortured ... or just the prospect alone. Besides that, the motivation is entirely different.

Bruce did this for himself. The end. Soldiers actually put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us.

Sometimes doing the right thing makes a hero. It's not as if the two ideas are mutually exclusive.

IF some people wish to view him as a *hero*, it really doesn't matter. As long as they don't expect the others to see him as one.

It's not a zero-sum game where calling one person a hero negates someone else's heroism.

I never thought it was ... I just don't see anything heroic about what Jenner did.

Public shame and humiliation. Physical attacks and discrimination. Rejection by fans, friends, and family. The usual.

Notoriety. He is once again back in the spotlight.

No it's not. It's perfectly reasonable. Many people do, in fact, agree. You clearly don't, and that's fine, no one said that you must, but you don't stand on any more objective ground one way or the other. And I'd really like to know what good there is in trying to knock down the people who think that she is a hero.

Disagreeing that he is a hero does not knock anyone down. He still received an award for having elective surgery, and it doesn't seem like he will be losing it anytime soon, does it?