Some Capitol rioters believed they answered God's call, not just Trump's

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Be careful what you wish for. This means the Trump team will get to call witnesses ALSO! Like Nancy Pelosi. OH, this is going to be fun!

By the time you'd posted this, it had already been decided to read the testimony into the record.

And so the record shows the majority of the senators voted guilty. Not enough to make the 2/3 needed, but enough to be historically bipartisan.

The GQP voting to acquit will go down in history as cowards and quislings who put Trump before country.

Arthur Brain

By the time you'd posted this, it had already been decided to read the testimony into the record.

And so the record shows the majority of the senators voted guilty. Not enough to make the 2/3 needed, but enough to be historically bipartisan.

The GQP voting to acquit will go down in history as cowards and quislings who put Trump before country.
Exactly...

Arthur Brain

Yes. I was just interested to ask if anybody actually does believe that John Sullivan led or incited anybody in that attack.
Some would gladly tell you that a courgette instigated the attack if it served their political biases instead of recognizing the actual reality of what happened.

eider

So why did the Dems so hastily abandon the brilliant idea of allowing witnesses?
Could it have been because witness testimony was not going to alter the voting intentions of so many Republican Senators?
It could have been because the main objective was already completed in that billions of viewers all over the World had heard the cases for both Prosecution and Defence.

So many will now be wondering how many Leaders in the USA would have been delighted if the Capitol riot might have been more successful for the outlaws?

eider

Some would gladly tell you that a courgette instigated the attack if it served their political biases instead of recognizing the actual reality of what happened.

Well, the World knows what happened now, anyway.

President Biden now has to shoulder the burden of producing the most brilliant 4 years of political leadership in decades..... if he fails he loses more than the next election. I wonder if he will be able to bear such a load of responsibility at his age.

I reckon that Vice President Harris will be President within three years. It's going to be down to her..... that's my guess.

Arthur Brain

Well, the World knows what happened now, anyway.

President Biden now has to shoulder the burden of producing the most brilliant 4 years of political leadership in decades..... if he fails he loses more than the next election. I wonder if he will be able to bear such a load of responsibility at his age.

I reckon that Vice President Harris will be President within three years. It's going to be down to her..... that's my guess.
Well, to be fair, Biden isn't under that much pressure. Let's just see how this new presidency unfolds.

eider

Well, to be fair, Biden isn't under that much pressure. Let's just see how this new presidency unfolds.
You think not?
I reckon that he carries the heaviest political load possible. To win a certain a certain majority of voters for the next election.

Arthur Brain

You think not?
I reckon that he carries the heaviest political load possible. To win a certain a certain majority of voters for the next election.
Oh, he has a load to bear for sure but after the last travesty of a person to hold office, not so much as you might think IMO. He's gonna have it tough after Trump and it ain't gonna be fun but how can he do any worse?

Arthur Brain

Could it have been because witness testimony was not going to alter the voting intentions of so many Republican Senators?
It could have been because the main objective was already completed in that billions of viewers all over the World had heard the cases for both Prosecution and Defence.

So many will now be wondering how many Leaders in the USA would have been delighted if the Capitol riot might have been more successful for the outlaws?
Considering the footage and how close the rioters actually came to getting near to Pence, Pelosi etc it's a concern and then some.

eider

Considering the footage and how close the rioters actually came to getting near to Pence, Pelosi etc it's a concern and then some.
Now it is time for every European country to shake itself very hard and to consider how all Europe should move forward with defence spending and measures in future. We nearly had a G6 situation and we might again.

The UK needs a kicking to wake up and plan for future security policy and spending. We didn't need huge aircraft carriers and international image before, and we certainly don't now.

It's time to sort out the UK...... and Europe should be doing something similar.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... billions of viewers all over the World ...
"Billions", eh?
How do you figure?
How many of the 1.37 billion Indians do you reckon were viewing?
How many of the 1.4 billion Chinese?
How many of the 1.22 billion Africans?
How many of the 652 million Latin Americans?
I'm content with having our leaders fearful of the population. Good to remind them occasionaly that there is a crowd with pitchforks and torches out there keeping an eye on their behavior.

ok doser

Now it is time for every European country to shake itself very hard and to consider how all Europe should move forward with defence spending and measures in future. We nearly had a G6 situation and we might again.

The UK needs a kicking to wake up and plan for future security policy and spending. We didn't need huge aircraft carriers and international image before, and we certainly don't now.

It's time to sort out the UK...... and Europe should be doing something similar.
As I have reminded you before the UK is dependent on imports for 80% of its food needs, 36% of its energy needs. How would you defend that supply chain if an enemy decided to disrupt it?

ok doser

And so the record shows the majority of the senators voted guilty.
You're conflating the legal terms "majority" and "two thirds majority". The first one has no relevance in this case, just as the House's impeachment (accusation) has no relevance absent a conviction in the Senate.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
So why did the Dems so hastily abandon the brilliant idea of allowing witnesses?

They wanted for the record Herrera-Butler's statement showing Trump knew MAGA were the insurrectionists and that he didn't care, that he approved, and that he wasn't going to do anything about it. McCarthy and the Trump legal team allowing it into the record means that McCarthy and Trump weren't contesting the truth of her statement. Mission accomplished.

Raskin said they "could have had 500 witnesses and it would have not have overcome the kinds of arguments being made by Mitch McConnell" and he's right. Then you would've been screaming that they were wasting more time on an impeachment, so which way do you want it?

McConnell was never going to impeach, and neither were the Trump toadies. I mean, do you not see the moral incongruity here?

EuItgYzWgAsdiUm

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That would be it. The GOP is now as corrupt as their master. trump. They know he lost the election and did everything he could do to overthrow the will of the MAJORITY of Americans, including inciting the riot. His only regret is that his desired outcome failed and there wasn’t a higher body count.

At this point, the GOP are willing accomplices to trump and his violent gang of red hatters.

I guess over 485K deaths due to his intentional mishandling of the virus did not quench his bloodlust...

Last edited:

ok doser

That would be it. The GOP is now as corrupt as their master. trump. They know he lost the election and did everything he could do to overthrow the will of the MAJORITY of Americans, including inciting the riot. His only regret is that his desired outcome failed and there wasn’t a higher body count.

At this point, the GOP are willing accomplices to trump and his violent gang of red hatters.

I guess over 485K deaths due to his intentional mishandling of the virus did not quench his bloodlust...
You're amusingly insane. Like a cartoon. Impossible to take seriously.