Soul Sleep?

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Anybody here believe in "Soul sleep" when a person dies?

Are they conscience or brain dead.

What about the great gulf that separates the paradise of the redeemed from hell of the lost. The rich man and Lazurus do not seem to be soul sleeping.

keypurr

I firmly believe in soul sleep friend. Christ will come to awake us when the time is right. In death there is no awareness of anything. A million years can pass and we will not know it. Our thoughts perish. But you and I know that the Son of the most high will return to bring us home.

This world is not our home, we are just passing through friend.

glorydaz

What about the great gulf that separates the paradise of the redeemed from hell of the lost. The rich man and Lazurus do not seem to be soul sleeping.

Not me...to be absent with the body is to be present with the Lord. The OT saints had to wait until Christ rose from the dead.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned

They awaken when they enter Gods past, present and future all happening at once. They never miss a beat. They're more awake after death of the body. The devil wants the JW and the SDA to annihilate themselves and not look for anything.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Jesus did.

These things He said and after that He said to them, "Our friend Lazarus sleeps, but I go that I may wake him up."

Then His disciples said, "Lord, if he sleeps he will get well."

However, Jesus spoke of his death, but they thought that He was speaking about taking rest in sleep. Then Jesus said to them plainly, "Lazarus is dead." (John 11:11-14 NKJV)​

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Mat 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Joh 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

glorydaz

Jesus did.

These things He said and after that He said to them, "Our friend Lazarus sleeps, but I go that I may wake him up."

Then His disciples said, "Lord, if he sleeps he will get well."

However, Jesus spoke of his death, but they thought that He was speaking about taking rest in sleep. Then Jesus said to them plainly, "Lazarus is dead." (John 11:11-14 NKJV)​

That's not soul sleep. That is physical death....a person looks like he's sleeping when he's dead.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

"Soul Sleep" was invented by E.W. Bullinger. No one taught it before him.

There are some followers of Bullinger here on TOL, and they believe in soul sleep:

1) SaulToPaul

2) heir

3) John W

Bradley D

If the soul sleeps where is Enoch (Gen. 5:24), where is Elijah 2 Kings 2:11, where is Moses (Mt. 17:3), where is the crucified criminal (Luke 23:40-43).

SaulToPaul 2

There are some followers of Bullinger here on TOL, and they believe in soul sleep:

1) SaulToPaul

2) heir

3) John W

Heir and I do not believe the "soul" sleeps. Souls are for people who dwell on the earth. But we do believe that the moment we die, it's as if we immediately awake at the Rapture. But it's fine with me if you want to say we believe in soul sleep.

But, you will never find a post to prove that saint john w the great believes any such thing as soul sleep.

You shouldn't make claims that he does.

john w

Hall of Fame

1) SaulToPaul

2) heir

3) John W

"Heir and I do not believe the "soul" sleeps. Souls are for people who dwell on the earth. But we do believe that the moment we die, it's as if we immediately awake at the Rapture. But it's fine with me if you want to say we believe in soul sleep.

But, you will never find a post to prove that saint john w the great believes any such thing as soul sleep.

You shouldn't make claims that he does."-STP

Yes, Craigie. Show me where I ever asserted that I believe in "soul sleep."

Show me-the post. Show TOL.

I will make it easier, on you. Show me any post, where I took any position on it.

Let's go, habitual liar.

john w

Hall of Fame

1) SaulToPaul

2) heir

3) John W

"No one taught it before him."-Preterist punk

And? So what?

Now is the time, punk, for you to explain the relevance of the above, which you spam, on every thread. I've asked you for years, punk, to tell us the relevance.

I will ask you again:

Why is "No one taught it before him" relevant.?

Unpack it for us-all of TOL.

You won't.

Con artist, engager in sophistry.

Last edited:

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Solomon says...

Ecclesiastes 12:6-7
6 Remember your Creator before the silver cord is loosed,
Or the golden bowl is broken,
Or the pitcher shattered at the fountain,
Or the wheel broken at the well.
7 Then the dust will return to the earth as it was,
And the spirit will return to God who gave it.

glorydaz

Heir and I do not believe the "soul" sleeps. Souls are for people who dwell on the earth. But we do believe that the moment we die, it's as if we immediately awake at the Rapture. But it's fine with me if you want to say we believe in soul sleep.

You shouldn't make claims that he does.

I think that about covers it. If something is "as if" then it's what is whether it is one thing or another. To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord....could very well be "as if" it were so. I'll just be glad to wake up with the Lord...unless I'm still here when the rapture occurs and that will be cool, too. ;)

oatmeal

Dead means dead.

God's Truth

You knooow I am a believer in soul sleep, but im not 100% convinced. Mainly over things like what glorydaz said with them sleeping until christ came. So that makes sense. Either way, i dont think it effects the outcome of someones faith for believing on either case. this is one of those things that it would be nice if and if bleh haha

It does matter what someone believes about it.

The soul sleep believers have a doctrine of death and they go against many scriptures.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Luke 23:42And he was saying, "Jesus, remember me when You come in Your kingdom!" 43 And He said to him, "Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise."

They are conscious.