Stand for the Second Amendment

eider

I guess you don't understand what slippery slope means. :idunno:

Yep, that's what I've been saying.
No you haven't.... you left out full Perimeter Security, an extremely expensive undertaking for each school, and you have thousands and thousands of them.

Responsible conduct is an individual thing depending on individual circumstances.
What rubbish! This kind of attitude is exactly why there should be legislation to make careless people do what needs to be done. Gun safes which are professionally secured to a premises and used properly protect from firearms being taken at any time, by any body.

Owning a firearm without suitable 'all risks' insurance is a completely irresponsible disgrace.

The Common Sense of Responsible Gun Ownership. Nothing to do with political sides.

Trump said nothing about mandatory mental health checks for all.
Trump? Who is 'Trump'?
President Trump did say it, on television, which I watched.

Yep, and we know who has common sense and who doesn't. The left doesn't.
Anything you don't like is 'Left', isn't it? What a silly way of thinking.
Well it's beginning to look as if there are quite a lot of your 'leftists' embedded in the Republican seats of power over this issue.

And this idea of a band of criminals attacking a township, presumably with semi-automatic fast-fire guns (!!), is really very very weird.

glorydaz

I guess you don't understand what slippery slope means. :idunno:

No you haven't.... you left out full Perimeter Security, an extremely expensive undertaking for each school, and you have thousands and thousands of them.

What rubbish! This kind of attitude is exactly why there should be legislation to make careless people do what needs to be done. Gun safes which are professionally secured to a premises and used properly protect from firearms being taken at any time, by any body.

Owning a firearm without suitable 'all risks' insurance is a completely irresponsible disgrace.

The Common Sense of Responsible Gun Ownership. Nothing to do with political sides.

Trump? Who is 'Trump'?
President Trump did say it, on television, which I watched.

Anything you don't like is 'Left', isn't it? What a silly way of thinking.
Well it's beginning to look as if there are quite a lot of your 'leftists' embedded in the Republican seats of power over this issue.

And this idea of a band of criminals attacking a township, presumably with semi-automatic fast-fire guns (!!), is really very very weird.

You're very weird. My granddaughter's school does have perimeter fencing, and, God forbid, I forgot to list it out. The rest of your rant is nonsense. You have got to be from some foreign country without any knowledge of just how big America is, and how remote so many regions are. You're also pretty stupid when it comes to being able to protect your family, so you aren't really worth the effort to discuss anything.

Brit is my guess. Stupid country that's become.

eider

Neither. The swamp is in the process of being drained.
When you're on the back foot, soon to have no leg to stand on, you resort to this weird kind of rhetoric.......
Conservative folks in America are beginning to think about better supervision for guns.

Do you always twist what's been said?

OR...just plain dumb? Now I'm left to wonder. :think:

So you haven't got any good ideas about stemming the 80 odd deaths each day caused by guns, so you call folks who can see that a some new legislation is needed are dumb?
This month more school shootings will happen, and next month 20 or 30 more school shootings will happen, as happened in the months before, and the years before that, and you mumble on about leftists, draining swamps, charging cougars (very odd!), freedom and other drivvle? And you call me dumb?

These children deserve a better chance than that......... it's all about pro-life, you know.

eider

You're very weird. My granddaughter's school does have perimeter fencing, and, God forbid, I forgot to list it out. The rest of your rant is nonsense. You have got to be from some foreign country without any knowledge of just how big America is, and how remote so many regions are. You're also pretty stupid when it comes to being able to protect your family, so you aren't really worth the effort to discuss anything.

Brit is my guess. Stupid country that's become.

That's what I find, when folks haven't got the first clue about common-sense risk analysis and security, and beginning to look totally ignorant about issues such as this, they resort to chucking direct personal insults.

No, your grand-daughter's school doesn't have the kind of Perimeter security, Access Control and Entrance Security that I've got in mind.... no way. For starters the cost of securing emergency exits whilst ensuring efficient egress in other emergencies.... around the perimeter involves huge expense....... and the place would need regular security surveys and updates to close weaknesses that do occur for all kinds of reasons.

You just don't know what you're talking about.

glorydaz

When you're on the back foot, soon to have no leg to stand on, you resort to this weird kind of rhetoric.......
Conservative folks in America are beginning to think about better supervision for guns.

Nothing new there. The problem is when an inch is offered, a mile is demanded.

Nothing to do with a leg to stand on.

So you haven't got any good ideas about stemming the 80 odd deaths each day caused by guns, so you call folks who can see that a some new legislation is needed are dumb?

It is dumb to think you can legislate morality. The problem is not with guns, and to blame it on guns is foolishness.

This month more school shootings will happen, and next month 20 or 30 more school shootings will happen, as happened in the months before, and the years before that, and you mumble on about leftists, draining swamps, charging cougars (very odd!), freedom and other drivvle? And you call me dumb?

Yep, and I'll continue to call you dumb as long as you keep whining and ignoring what I actually said. I said the schools need to be protected, and it wouldn't be that difficult to do. A heck of a lot easier than trying to get guns out of the hands of crazies. They don't even lock the crazies up anymore. Start there.

These children deserve a better chance than that......... it's all about pro-life, you know.

Indeed. Unfortunately, children are safer in our schools than they are in the wombs of their mothers. Start there.

No, you ignore the only things that can really make a difference and rant at me for crap that won't make a hill of beans difference.

Cool...get some good insurance. :chuckle:

glorydaz

That's what I find, when folks haven't got the first clue about common-sense risk analysis and security, and beginning to look totally ignorant about issues such as this, they resort to chucking direct personal insults.

No, your grand-daughter's school doesn't have the kind of Perimeter security, Access Control and Entrance Security that I've got in mind.... no way. For starters the cost of securing emergency exits whilst ensuring efficient egress in other emergencies.... around the perimeter involves huge expense....... and the place would need regular security surveys and updates to close weaknesses that do occur for all kinds of reasons.

Right, I have seen her school, and you haven't.
It will keep out a school shooter.

It wouldn't keep out an armed force with machine guns and rocket propelled grenades, or tanks and military personnel with grappling hooks, but it will keep out a school shooter. And there are two cops from the PD stationed at the entrance checking backpacks etc. There are armed roving guards around the perimeter, as well. I'm sure you'd be surprised at the number of schools who have already made this a priority. Her Junior High was the same way. No open campus either.

But, of course, no one knows anything but you. I get it.

Typical know it all liberal. :kookoo:

eider

Nothing new there. The problem is when an inch is offered, a mile is demanded.
More silly rhetoric!
A few sensible requirements, with an outright ban on fast-fire semi-automatic weapons, is needed, and most of the people of the USA will eventually come round to agreeing about that.

It is dumb to think you can legislate morality. The problem is not with guns, and to blame it on guns is foolishness.
To ignore the common sense of gun controls is just sad, very sad.

Yep, and I'll continue to call you dumb as long as you keep whining and ignoring what I actually said. I said the schools need to be protected, and it wouldn't be that difficult to do. A heck of a lot easier than trying to get guns out of the hands of crazies. They don't even lock the crazies up anymore. Start there.
Securing school premises is a massively difficult task, and very expensive, but it needs to be done. I don't know what the average cost per lineal foot of perimeter would come to now, but it would be very very expensive.
But you need it, and you will probably have gun controls soon.

Indeed. Unfortunately, children are safer in our schools than they are in the wombs of their mothers. Start there.
You cannot redirect the issue away from the fact that the voters of the USA are beginning to stir over the present situation..... about guns, hundreds of millions of guns.

Cool...get some good insurance. :chuckle:
Oh, so if insurance is so unnecessary, can shops, vehicles, commerce, industry, travelservices, hotels, local councils etc just do away with their Public Liability Insurance?
You're not thinking straight.

If full Public Liability Insurance was mandatory, then any law enforcement officer who sees a gun can carry out a quick database check to see if it's owner is insured, and if not then it could be seized.
Insurers would want to check on the records and previous claims made by applicants and high-risk idiots wouldn't get insurance cover.... so, no guns for criminals and fools! Maybe you're worried about that?
And then the victims of gun incidents could be assured of full and complete financial support for everything.

Chuckle away........ :dunno:

eider

Right, I have seen her school, and you haven't.
It will keep out a school shooter.
How?
How will it keep out an attacker?

It wouldn't keep out an armed force with machine guns and rocket propelled grenades, or tanks and military personnel with grappling hooks, but it will keep out a school shooter. And there are two cops from the PD stationed at the entrance checking backpacks etc. There are armed roving guards around the perimeter, as well. I'm sure you'd be surprised at the number of schools who have already made this a priority. Her Junior High was the same way. No open campus either.

But, of course, no one knows anything but you. I get it.

Really? Two Cops at tyhe entrance permanently, with 'roving' guards around the perimeter, and loads of schools are already having this protection? So when will the mass school shootings be ending?

Typical know it all liberal. :kookoo:
Name calling to win a discussion or debate is weak, love.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The truth of the matter is that guns have been around ever since this country began and we didn’t see this stuff in the past. So obviously it’s not the guns that are the issue. It’s something else. It’s us, what we now believe.
You could argue it's a few things, from numbers (the more people the more crazy and evil people), to the lethality of guns (they shoot faster and more accurately by leaps and bounds) to the accessibility of those weapons by those crazy/evil people. We've had murders by gun since we've had guns, but until fairly recently it wasn't easy or cheap for the average citizen to obtain the ones capable killing so many people in so short a time.

We no longer believe life has value.
Actually, the overwhelming majority of people do. That's why most people aren't killing anyone with anything. So let's not try to make this about something we can't control and can't really prove is the reason for the problem and do something that can and will impact the problem. Let's make the sorts of weapons that are mostly responsible for the degree of carnage impossible to obtain. Let's make weapons ownership subject to safety courses and psychological screenings, and eradicate guns that have the capacity for firing more than six rounds without reloading.

I am pro-2nd Amendment and I will not apologize for that.
So am I and I own and am proficient in the use of any number of them. But no right is without the restraint of reason and balance. Not speech, not even religion (try to argue your religious beliefs require human sacrifice, by way of illustration).

glorydaz

What rubbish!

What a silly way of thinking.

and you mumble on about leftists, draining swamps, charging cougars (very odd!), freedom and other drivvle? And you call me dumb?

That's what I find, ... and beginning to look totally ignorant about issues such as this, they resort to chucking direct personal insults.

More silly rhetoric!

You're not thinking straight.

Chuckle away........ :dunno:

Name calling to win a discussion or debate is weak, love.

It's much better, and much more polite than spitting insults, which is what you do.

And winning this debate against such as you is really easy......... love. :D

Ah, so you think you're "more polite", is that the claim?

I find your fake politeness more offensive than just plain talk.

So, I'll say again, don't call me "love", you bleeding hypocrite.