Steko shuts down Apostolic succession

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One of our resident Truth Smackers, Steko, buries Apostolic succession dead in it's tracks!

There is no Apostolic Succession.

1Co_4:9 For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.-KJV

1Co 4:9 For I think that God has exhibited us apostles as last of all, like men sentenced to death, because we have become a spectacle to the world, to angels, and to men.-ESV

1Co 4:9 For, I think, God has exhibited us apostles last of all, as men condemned to death; because we have become a spectacle to the world, both to angels and to men.-NASB

1Co 4:9 For I think that God has displayed us, the apostles, last, as men condemned to death; for we have been made a spectacle to the world, both to angels and to men.-NKJV

Eph_2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

When one builds an edifice, the foundation is the first construction at its' base.
There is no other point in the construction where another foundation is laid, nor does the construction of a foundation continue during the process of building the rest of the edifice.

The foundation was laid in the first century and was completed.

musterion

Aye. Cruncyfoam will ignore what you wrote and post a link to nowhere. Then he'll ignore you some more until you say you've read it, then tell you that you read it wrong, then claim victory.

Alternatively...

There is no other point in the construction where another foundation is laid
Unless the first foundation is found to be flawed. Then it's torn up so it can be replaced. But that requires everything built upon that first foundation be demolished, too.

So if a Catholic responds to tell you you're wrong, they're in the same boat with Mormons who insist the Bible was corrupted: what they're really saying is, the original foundation is wrong. Which is saying Paul was wrong. Which is saying both Luke and Peter - who attested to Paul's apostleship - were also wrong. Which means the Bible is wrong. Which means God is wrong. And if God is wrong, and if His Word cannot be trusted, they're simultaneously destroying every claim to authority that they want to make from the Bible as well. Leaving them not only with nothing, but exposing them as blasphemers of God.

Let's see which path they choose...