Texas snow that doesn't melt?

eider

I like to ask the question, "What should the temperature of the earth be"?

I believe that we are still recovering from a global catastrophe that caused a great cooling of the earth's atmosphere.
Don't tell the Eskimos that.
They cannot travel so easily in winter any more.
They cannot hunt to easily any more.

The ice is thinning, it's breaking up.
And the weather is changing as a result.

See if you can find/watch 'the last igloo', a 90 minute film about a Greenland Eskimo's attempts to keep to the old ways. Sad, well sad.

Hilltrot

They are different:-...............
Global warming” refers to the rise in global temperatures due mainly to the increasing concentrations of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. “Climate change” refers to the increasing changes in the measures of climate over a long period of time – including precipitation, temperature, and wind patterns.
Or

Although people tend to use these terms interchangeably, global warming is just one aspect of climate change. “Global warming” refers to the rise in global temperatures due mainly to the increasing concentrations of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. “Climate change” refers to the increasing changes in the measures of climate over a long period of time – including precipitation, temperature, and wind patterns.
So, you are still claiming man-made Global Warming?

Hilltrot

Don't tell the Eskimos that.
They cannot travel so easily in winter any more.
They cannot hunt to easily any more.

The ice is thinning, it's breaking up.
And the weather is changing as a result.

See if you can find/watch 'the last igloo', a 90 minute film about a Greenland Eskimo's attempts to keep to the old ways. Sad, well sad.
Who they need to tell is Obama who is purchasing land which will supposedly be underwater soon.

eider

Who they need to tell is Obama who is purchasing land which will supposedly be underwater soon.

That'll be ok for quite a while
Sea levels are only expected to rise by about a Meter this century .
If my wife lives long enough our home will be on a tidal island. Wish I could see that.

Derf

Explain snow that doesn't melt. It was found in three states. Kansas, Texas, and New York.

And I did not make your point for you, but you will not even examine the evidence so what's the point of talking to you? Once your mind is made up there is no evidence that will change it.
Really, ffreeloader? Your argument is that I've made my mind up after I disagree with you? How do you ever get anywhere with these folks that are actually antagonistic to you?

Anyway, I went out on my deck, which conveniently has some snow on it, made a snowball, and held a script lighter under it. It did not drip, even holding the lighter under it for 20 to 30 seconds. But it did melt! The melting snow was absorbed into the snowball and an ice layer appeared close to the flame. Those areas that were heated less didn't have an obvious ice layer, but you could see how the snow crystals were deforming and clumping more.

The carbon residue was not as obvious as some of the videos, probably because I wasn't using a candle. But I could see some of it.

I can guarantee you that it is real snow. It is melting; I have been watching it shrink over the last few days, as I am hoping not to have to shovel it. And when I go out in the yard, my boots get muddy from it. Plus, there is a little water run-off on the deck where the snow contacts the deck material.

Hilltrot

I've been speaking about geoengineering here for a few years and all I got was skepticism and mockery. Well, here is Dane Wiggington explaining what this substance that is being referred to as snow is produced. It's part of the geoengineering that has been going on for a long time.

At first I thought you were trolling, but it seems I might have been wrong. So I will explain what is happening for you.

Usually people consider the phases of water to be the following. (from coldest to warmest.)

1. ice
2. water
3. steam

But in reality, the phases of water are

1. snow
2. ice
3. water
4. steam

Remember the colder a substance is, the less entropy it has. (Entropy is a measure of disorder.)

So, look at a snowflake. It is incredibly organized. In fact, it is considered a single crystal which is a term to describe a perfectly organized solid.

Ice is still structured but less so. Sometime it breaks predictably. Sometimes it doesn't. Water is very unorganized - just look at the how the rivers wind. Steam is the least organized.

So when heated, snow first becomes ice and then turns to water. So, technically snow doesn't melt, it turns into ice and then melts. All snow does this. You can see this after a day of warmer weather with snow. The top layer of the snow with turn to ice forming a crunchy surface.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
At first I thought you were trolling, but it seems I might have been wrong. So I will explain what is happening for you.

Usually people consider the phases of water to be the following. (from coldest to warmest.)

1. ice
2. water
3. steam

But in reality, the phases of water are

1. snow
2. ice
3. water
4. steam

Remember the colder a substance is, the less entropy it has. (Entropy is a measure of disorder.)

So, look at a snowflake. It is incredibly organized. In fact, it is considered a single crystal which is a term to describe a perfectly organized solid.

Ice is still structured but less so. Sometime it breaks predictably. Sometimes it doesn't. Water is very unorganized - just look at the how the rivers wind. Steam is the least organized.

So when heated, snow first becomes ice and then turns to water. So, technically snow doesn't melt, it turns into ice and then melts. All snow does this. You can see this after a day of warmer weather with snow. The top layer of the snow with turn to ice forming a crunchy surface.

Don't forget sublimation.

way 2 go

Don't forget sublimation.
for the internet search challenged
Sublimation is the transition of a substance directly from the solid to the gas state, without passing through the liquid state

not sublimation tho

Amazing Fireproof Paper Trick​

way 2 go

That's because Obiden is going to reverse global warming single-handedly, so beachfront properties are safe now.
or it could be solar minimum :unsure:

According to The New American, more and more scientists believe this lower solar cycle could spark a lengthy period of minimum solar activity leading to cooler temperatures on Earth.

The last time sunspots disappeared altogether was during the so-called Maunder Minimum, a 70-year cool period in the 17th and 18th centuries forming part of the Little Ice Age, and illustrated in the next figure showing the sunspot number over time. The Maunder Minimum from approximately 1645 to 1710 was the most recent occurrence of what are known as grand solar minima, or periods of very low solar activity, that recur every 350 to 400 years. So we’re due for another minimum.