ECT THE ARROGANCE & BLINDNESS OF THE PROTESTANT HERESY

At one time, I thought he might be able to make a contribution to a dialogue on theology, but he turned out to be am old crab.

Were it simply an old crab. There's this phenomenon where a significant number of Roman Catholics go rabid, like people who reach a certain level of brainwashing in some cult, which results in a dark spirit of the cult taking them over, completely, beyond all reason. They, to the man, exhibit the same symptoms of that brainwashing. They become robotic, militant, even of the murderers’ cries of old, “Heretics!” They exude that very vanity and authoritarianism, have difficulty with any dissent. They’re, truly, Torquemada’s “Mini Me.” I've seen this over and over, been called a heretic many times, for simply paraphrasing what is in the Bible, even often citing scripture proof, for the scripturally challenged who don't know what's actually in the Bible.

On message boards, of course, everybody and their brother is right, despite their claims daily going against a couple millennia of clear, mainstream Christian understandings the Spirit has led Bible believing fundamentalists to know since the first century, in great numbers. (Everybody and their brother is right, while they all disagree with each other and are disputing, 24x7.) That somebody is, how do you put it, not exemplary of the front end of the horse on a message board is nothing new, many people their own little cults, trolling their pet doctrinal train wrecks. And this becomes amusing, actually, more a psychological study in narcissism, an interesting canary in the coal mine, even, where the culture is headed, a measure of how reprobate God is allowing the minds of men to deviate from truth, even in His name, lovers of themselves and their man made doctrines. The Lord prophesies this happening.

With Roman Catholics, though, it's not as amusing as some other cult whackjobs or theological loners, not as easily dismissed, for their history. This robotic, as if, Nazi militancy is what made for the Inquisitions. This spirit that takes over them is a throwback to the spirit that led to doing the work of Satan, crimes against humanity they'd otherwise, with certainty, be doing now, had they the power, were they not defanged. They hunger to enslave people to their religion. It's never about Jesus Christ, rather about this Roman "church," this frat with its doctrines of men and devils, this entity that has tried to usurp the Christian faith for over roughly 1,600 years.

He's Chatty Torquemada, but there's nothing cute about what's behind it all, what this raging and fanatical mentality is capable of, in any walk, if you don't keep a muzzle on them. It’s, in a word, creepy. Hitler had him an SS and armies of genocide workers, who used to be that crab next door, before the war.

2 Timothy 4

1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2 Timothy 3

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Galatians 1

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

beameup

They have the annual crucifixion ceremonies/celebrations here in the Philippines.
"Volunteers" self flagellate themselves on the way to their cross, where they are crucified.
philippines4.jpg

I suppose that the sacrifice of Christ was not enough and you must sacrifice and suffer for your own sins.
Luther went through similar mental anguish before he met the Holy Spirit and was saved.

Danoh

They have the annual crucifixion ceremonies/celebrations here in the Philippines.
"Volunteers" self flagellate themselves on the way to their cross, where they are crucified.
philippines4.jpg

I suppose that the sacrifice of Christ was not enough and you must sacrifice and suffer for your own sins.
Luther went through similar mental anguish before he met the Holy Spirit and was saved.

Having known people like the man depicted on that makeshift cross; I'm sure he felt both good about himself, and "closer to God."

But his "closer to God" is merely another's same exact foolishness at a lesser extreme.

I mean; how much "closer to God" can one hope to get than "I AM crucified WITH Christ...accepted IN the Beloved...seated IN the heavenlies WITH Him..."

"Work and work! Work my fingers to the bone..."

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Neither is a single Protestant sectarian interpretation of even one verse of the Bible.

With this wording and perspective, it seems you may be saying something you are not saying (but I'm not sure).

Are you contending that not one accurate understanding can come from a Believer reading the scripture? Are you insisting that every word and phrase and sentence is cryptic to the extent that only some element of Catholicism can address the meanings of straight-forward readings of the text?

Translation and interpretation are subtly yet substantially distinct things, though inter-related. Would you be more specific as to what you're referring to when you say the above?

Cruciform

With this wording and perspective, it seems you may be saying something you are not saying (but I'm not sure). Are you contending that not one accurate understanding can come from a Believer reading the scripture?
My comment needs to be read in the context of the particular point under discussion. ktoyou commented that the Catechism of the Catholic Church "is not the Bible." My reply was to observe that "Neither is a single Protestant sectarian interpretation of even one verse of the Bible." My point was that human interpretations of Scripture do not carry the authority of Scripture itself.

Old man

My comment needs to be read in the context of the particular point under discussion. ktoyou commented that the Catechism of the Catholic Church "is not the Bible." My reply was to observe that "Neither is a single Protestant sectarian interpretation of even one verse of the Bible." My point was that human interpretations of Scripture do not carry the authority of Scripture itself.

"human" interpretations? Aren't Catholics who imagine they have the corner on interpreting the Scriptures human?

Cruciform

"human" interpretations? Aren't Catholics who imagine they have the corner on interpreting the Scriptures human?
Sure, but then so were the men---humans---who wrote the canonical documents of the New Testament, yet we consider their teachings infallible and authoritative. In my previous post, I was talking about "merely human" interpretations. The apostles and their ordained successors---the bishops---however, are endowed by God with the gift of infallibility in their formal teachings on doctrine and morals. You and I possess no such divine ability. Thus, to the extent that Catholics faithfully communicate the interpretations and teachings of the Catholic Church, to that degree they are offering divine---and not merely human---truth.

Old man

Sure, but then so were the men---humans---who wrote the canonical documents of the New Testament, yet we consider their teachings infallible and authoritative. In my previous post, I was talking about "merely human" interpretations. The apostles and their ordained successors---the bishops---however, are endowed by God with the gift of infallibility in their formal teachings on doctrine and morals. You and I possess no such divine ability. Thus, to the extent that Catholics faithfully communicate the interpretations and teachings of the Catholic Church, to that degree they are offering divine---and not merely human---truth.

Are you saying God's Word was and is only for Catholics to interpret and no one else?

It is known that the RCC for centuries tried to keep the written Word out of the hands of the laymen in order to keep them under the power and thumb of the Church but that came to an end so now you say, since the Bible is in everyone's hands, it is still ONLY the Catholic Church which can communicate to the rest of the world what the Scriptures say?

HOGWASH!!!!

Cruciform

Are you saying God's Word was and is only for Catholics to interpret and no one else?
No, everyone who reads the Bible interprets it. I'm saying that ultimately, the authentic interpretation and application of the Scriptures belongs to Christ's one historic Catholic Church which produced those Scriptures. We lay believers can only be certain that our personal interpretations are correct only by comparing them with the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Catholic Church. This has been the case since the Church's very beginning in the 1st century.

It is known that the RCC for centuries tried to keep the written Word out of the hands of the laymen in order to keep them under the power and thumb of the Church...
That's demonstrably fallacious nonsense, as is decisively shown HERE, HERE, and HERE. Your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect has simply misinformed you on this point, as well as on many others.

Last edited: