The Atlantic, Political Commentary: Kim Davis Is Winning

Jose Fly

The article is a good resource for info on the case, but it doesn't really lay out an argument for why she is "winning".

And I don't get why the author referred to Bunning's decision to release her as "reversing course", since he only released her after the deputy clerks swore under oath that they would start issuing marriage licenses.

Since that's what the judge was after from the beginning, how is that "reversing course"?

GFR7

The article is a good resource for info on the case, but it doesn't really lay out an argument for why she is "winning".

And I don't get why the author referred to Bunning's decision to release her as "reversing course", since he only released her after the deputy clerks swore under oath that they would start issuing marriage licenses.

Since that's what the judge was after from the beginning, how is that "reversing course"?
Good point. :think:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

She got her accomodation while she was in jail, her name was removed from them just like she wanted, by the judge ordering that it could be removed.

He could have done that initially instead of tossing her in jail. Thats what she and her attorneys asked for from the beginning.

She didnt have the authority to scratch off her name and instead issue them in the name of the county, *which is what will be decided later, if they are legal or not, because state law requires the clerks printed name and authority*

Which is why this article said she won accommodation (since she has her job, AND her name is no longer on them).

Read the link.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The Atlantic, Political Commentary: Kim Davis Is Winning
Winning the court of public opinion? Doesn't look that way.

Majority of public back jailing Kim Davis

davis1.png

Jose Fly

She got her accomodation while she was in jail, her name was removed from them just like she wanted

That's interesting, since...

Later, when the deputies agreed to comply, Bunning said that could purge the contempt charge against Davis, and he offered to allow her back in the courtroom to discuss the matter. Davis apparently declined.

Gannam spoke with her briefly and said she refused to grant her staff any authority to provide the forms in her absence, so Bunning again ordered her to jail.​

I think that Slate article was right....she's being used by her legal team.

by the judge ordering that it could be removed.

Can you show where Judge Bunning actually ordered her name be taken off the licenses?

She didnt have the authority to scratch off her name and instead issue them in the name of the county, *which is what will be decided later, if they are legal or not, because state law requires the clerks printed name and authority

Not according to every Kentucky official that's weighed in on it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
That's interesting, since...

Later, when the deputies agreed to comply, Bunning said that could purge the contempt charge against Davis, and he offered to allow her back in the courtroom to discuss the matter. Davis apparently declined.

Gannam spoke with her briefly and said she refused to grant her staff any authority to provide the forms in her absence, so Bunning again ordered her to jail.​

I think that Slate article was right....she's being used by her legal team.

Can you show where Judge Bunning actually ordered her name be taken off the licenses?

Not according to every Kentucky official that's weighed in on it.

All already posted in another thread you are in, read it, or not.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
IOW, you have nothing to present that shows Judge Bunning ordered her name removed.

I already presented it, yesterday and the day before, not my fault you are too lazy to read back and see what you missed when you arent here.

:buh bye now:

Jose Fly

I already presented it, yesterday and the day before, not my fault you are too lazy to read back and see what you missed when you arent here.

:buh bye now:

Ah, taking lessons from your fellow fundamentalists. Make a claim, refuse to back it up, then say you already did, but when asked where, say you can't be bothered and it's up to everyone else to back up the things you say....

....and then run away.

Fundamentalists sure are entertaining. :chuckle:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Anti-truth morons always salivate over opinion polls.

GFR7

Yeah, I found that pretty interesting. You'd think the GOP numbers would be at least somewhat inverse to the Dem numbers, but they're not even close to that.
I guess it is only the evangelical gops, and not the moderate gops, who support the whole thing. :think: