Theology Club: The Beginning of the Present Dispensation Was at Acts 13

Jerry Shugart

Here are three quotes from the pen of Paul where he speaks of a "dispensation" that has been committed or given to him:

"If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me toward you" (Eph. 3:2).​

"Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God" (Col.1:25).​

"...a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me" (1 Cor.9:17).​

The "dispensation" which was committed to Paul is in regard to "God's grace," a "ministry", and a "gospel." Here Paul sums up his dispensational responsibility:

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20: 24).​

The present dispensation began when the dispensational responsibility was first exercised by Paul. And since the following verse is speaking about Paul's gospel we can know that the present dispensation did not begin until he began to preach that gospel to Gentiles:

"But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being" (Gal.1:15-16).​

I believe that Paul first preached the gospel of the grace of God to the Gentiles here:

"Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles. For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed" (Acts 13:46-48).​

Paul's dispensational responsibility to preach the gospel of the grace of God to the Gentiles is spoken of here:

"As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them. And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away" (Acts 13:2-3).​

Last edited:

Danoh

When is the dispensation of the fulness of times?

He will miss your point.

So much for his delusion that he knows why someone responded or did not. He continually fails to get the simplest of points made to him.

He will miss your point. Mark my words.

Jerry Shugart

He will miss your point.

So much for his delusion that he knows why someone responded or did not. He continually fails to get the simplest of points made to him.

He will miss your point. Mark my words.

I just want to know if what he said has anything to do with the subject of this thread which I started. Is that so bad?

I do not want this thread to get derailed from the very beginning.

I notice that you have nothing to say about the subject of this thread. As usual you try to derail threads because you do not want others to see the truth about any subject.

Danoh

I just want to know if what he said has anything to do with the subject of this thread which I started. Is that so bad?

I notice that you have nothing to say about the subject of this thread. As usual you try to derail threads because you do not want others to see the truth about any subject.

Of course what he said has to do with the subject. If you were better grounded, you would know what he meant.

And you have some nerve accusing anyone of your decades old practice - you derail countless threads.

Quit being a bully, treat every one with respect, and you'll not hear from me likewise. Abuse grace when dealing with our own, and under the law you go, Mr. 1 John 1:9-10, lol.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Ultimately, truth will not come from you.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We're living in the Dispensation of Grace.
Ephesians 3:2 states: "If ye have heard
of the dispensation of the grace of God
which is given me to you-ward:"

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Do you think that the present dispensation is that of the "fullness of time"?

it could be, but we have not reached the fullness of times yet -

i'm pretty sure folks will know when that happens. to me, the fulness of times hearkens to the end of sin and death and suffering on earth -

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We're living at a time when God's Grace is open to ANYBODY that hears
The Grace Message (Paul's Gospel) and places ALL of their faith in Christ
as their Savior. Such a one will, receive the righteousness of Christ, the
indwelling of the Holy Spirit, sealing of the Holy Spirit, and the baptism
(not by water) of the Holy Spirit into, "The Body of Christ."

That IS the Dispensation of Grace!

Danoh

it could be, but we have not reached the fullness of times yet -

i'm pretty sure folks will know when that happens. to me, the fulness of times hearkens to the end of sin and death and suffering on earth -

I'd knew you'd chime in, lol

Here, let me help ya...

1] Promise...2] Law...3] Grace...4] Kingdom...

Fulness being when 3 & 4 become one and all is returned to the Father.

Jerry Shugart

We're living at a time when God's Grace is open to ANYBODY that hears
The Grace Message (Paul's Gospel) and places ALL of their faith in Christ
as their Savior. Such a one will, receive the righteousness of Christ, the
indwelling of the Holy Spirit, sealing of the Holy Spirit, and the baptism
(not by water) of the Holy Spirit into, "The Body of Christ."

That IS the Dispensation of Grace!

Are you under the impression that Peter was not saved by grace despite his words here?:

"We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are" (Acts 15:11).​

Peter was saved and born of God the moment when He believed that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God:

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1-5).​

Do you believe that Peter was saved by grace?

Do you think that he was born of God and therefore saved when he believed that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God?

Danoh

Are you under the impression that Peter was not saved by grace despite his words here?:

"We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are" (Acts 15:11).​

Peter was saved and born of God the moment when He believed that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God:

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1-5).​

Do you believe that Peter was saved by grace?

Do you think that he was born of God and therefore saved when he believed that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God?

Grosnick Marowbe answer me darn it!

In as much as I Jerry am the Apostle of the Mid-Actsers, I demand to be debated until you agree with me, repeated back to me, please.

Let us look at why I Jerry am right....

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Rollin, rollin, rollin, keep them Dispy's movin...

Though I've been disaproven...

Move 'em on
(Head em' up!)
Head em' up
(Move 'em on!)
Move 'em on
(Head em' up!)

Thick hide!

Cut 'em out
(Ride 'em in!)
Ride 'em in
(Cut em' out!)
Cut 'em out
Ride 'em in,

Thick hiiiiiiiiiiiide!

Jerry Shugart

Grosnick Marowbe answer me darn it!

In as much as I Jerry am the Apostle of the Mid-Actsers, I demand to be debated until you agree with me, repeated back to me, please.

Let us look at why I Jerry am right....

Why do you offer nothing but nonsense? Is it in the hope that no one will notice that Peter was saved when he was born of God by faith and he said in no uncertain terms that his salvation was on the principle of grace?

That completely destroys the idea that people can only be saved by grace during the present dispensation.