• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

The biggest evidence of the Flood? The world ocean.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
How does that support the idea that the earth was covered with water ~6000 years ago?
It explains how people are in these continents since the Flood occurred. Like I said, observed physical evidence seems to indicate that people have lived in these lands for over 6000 years, i.e. since before the Flood. If the continents then were as 'spread out' as they are today, people would have had to sail for like weeks if not a month or more just for a single successful journey, and what boats did they have then? I mean beyond Noah's ark.

I obviously could be wrong, just exploring.

Derf

It explains how people are in these continents since the Flood occurred. Like I said, observed physical evidence seems to indicate that people have lived in these lands for over 6000 years, i.e. since before the Flood. If the continents then were as 'spread out' as they are today, people would have had to sail for like weeks if not a month or more just for a single successful journey, and what boats did they have then? I mean beyond Noah's ark.

I obviously could be wrong, just exploring.
I don't see why boats would be contentious, and any boats they had would likely not be around any more, just like much of the technology the Mayans had has been lost to the people descended from them.

Land bridges (due to water being out of the ocean during the ice age, as shown by settlements swamped by the English Channel) or ice bridges both seem to offer good possible routes.

marke

I use the term "nuclear winter" in quotes because I figured it might not be used in the book, but how about the idea expressed in the term? "Impact winter." That there would be enough suspended particles 'hanging around' in the atmosphere for years to cause an 'extinction event'? Since he is a PhD mechanical engineer this would be something within his professional grasp is why I asked.
How do suspended particles in the atmosphere wipe out all dinosaurs on earth while preserving other species untouched? And how does one meteor impact send enough particles into the atmosphere to blanket the entire world with a cloud so thick that dinosaurs can not breathe but other living creatures can?

marke

The flood caused immense death by water and many other things. The events surrounding the flood also caused an ice age. The only one. The ice age is described in his book.
The Berezovka mammoth was frozen solid while munching on tropical vegetation. Its stomach contents did not even have time to decay before the cold froze it for thousands of years without thawing following the massive freeze. The great flood is a good candidate for the possible cause of the catastrophe.

Derf

I don't see why boats would be contentious, and any boats they had would likely not be around any more, just like much of the technology the Mayans had has been lost to the people descended from them.

Land bridges (due to water being out of the ocean during the ice age, as shown by settlements swamped by the English Channel) or ice bridges both seem to offer good possible routes.
@Idolater
And it seems like God understood the timing involved, which is why He separated the people at Babel before the world was divided (Peleg's timeframe)--so they would reach those other continents and islands before the land bridges disappeared.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What if some Africans and Native Americans survived?
Some might have survived the flood, but their lineage didn't continue. We know this because genetically every single human on earth has markers that could be derived from 4 men and 4 women at current mutation rates over about 4k years.

Idolater

Some might have survived the flood, but their lineage didn't continue. We know this because genetically every single human on earth has markers that could be derived from 4 men and 4 women at current mutation rates over about 4k years.
That's cool. I'd love to see your source. Or just know what it is, I could find it if I knew what to look for.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's cool. I'd love to see your source. Or just know what it is, I could find it if I knew what to look for.
I heard it from Doctor Robert Carter. He has written about it in more complete terms. But I'm a Layman so I thought that it would be enough for me to just understand what he wrote about from his lectures

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

I doubt anyone survived that was not on the Ark. The Bible is pretty clear that everything that "all flesh died that moved on the earth," listing birds, cattle, beasts, every creeping thing, and every man, and it even emphasizes "all in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, all that was on the dry land, died. So He destroyed all living things which were on the face of the ground: both man and cattle, creeping thing and bird of the air. They were destroyed from the earth. Only Noah and those who were with him in the ark remained alive."

The Bible is clear, but even so, there's literally no possible way that anyone could swim for well over 150 days nonstop without food or clean water in the freezing cold waters of the Flood, and that's ignoring the likelihood that they would have been eaten by sea creatures that were NOT destroyed in the Flood. Remember, the only creatures destroyed were man and beasts on the surface of the earth and birds. It says nothing about sea creatures.

No, the only humans to survive the Flood was Noah, his wife, his three sons, and the three women who were the wives of those sons. No one else could have.

Idolater

If boats that traverse the Atlantic or Pacific Oceans were extant then, then why not boats very very few people might have survived the Flood in?

Right Divider

Body part
Gen 7:19-24 (AKJV/PCE)
(7:19) And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that [were] under the whole heaven, were covered. (7:20) Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered. (7:21) And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man: (7:22) All in whose nostrils [was] the breath of life, of all that [was] in the dry [land], died. (7:23) And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained [alive], and they that [were] with him in the ark. (7:24) And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.