• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

The biggest evidence of the Flood? The world ocean.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The waters BELOW the firmament (not "of the heavens") are referred to as "the deep." "The deep" usually refers to water, usually deep water. Subterranean waters definitely fit that description.
I believe the waters of "the deep" is the same as in Gen 1:2.
And the single firmament (the expanse) was made to separate the waters of the deep (Gen 1:6) in order to have dry land and an atmosphere in between the waters that would sustain life.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I believe the waters of "the deep" is the same as in Gen 1:2.

Yes, that's what I'm saying.

And the single firmament (the expanse) was made to separate the waters of the deep (Gen 1:6) in order to have dry land and an atmosphere in between the waters that would sustain life.

The "firmament" ("expanse") is not the sky. The "firmament of the heavens" is the sky.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Wrong.
Psa 148:4
Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens.

By the time David wrote this, there would have, in fact, been "waters" above the heavens, in the form of comets. So no, that one verse does not make my position wrong.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
By the time David wrote this, there would have, in fact, been "waters" above the heavens, in the form of comets. So no, that one verse does not make my position wrong.
If you want me to believe that we've landed on comets and know what they are I'm gonna need some proof this is even possible.
Gravity hasn't been known as a force for over a hundred years now despite them teaching it to kids.
So, if space is real, I need to know how gas molecules that expand to fill up empty space don't head on out there leaving us nothing to breathe.
To have gas pressure requires a container.
Since we can't use gravity as a force to contain the air, how the heck is it contained?
IOW, show me how you can have gas pressure without a container.
If God put a firmament over us I can see how we breathe.
Otherwise???

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That's got to be the goofiest misreading of a passage I've ever heard (barring the flat earth readings)

Your appeal to the stone notwithstanding...

When talking about elephants and their trunks, let's say I want to put an elephants toy in the trunk of the car. Or I could let the elephant pick up the toy with his trunk, and have him put it in the trunk of the car.

The Bible does the same thing as in the above sentences, just with "firmament" and "firmament of the heavens. Why do you think the first FIVE times Moses used just the word "firmament" (Hebrew "raqia," which means something pounded out, like a smith pounds out metal to make it thinner and to spread it out), and then the next FOUR times he adds "of the heavens"?

It's because they're two different things, just like when talking about elephants and their trunks, putting elephant toys in the trunk of the car. Two different things are being spoken about, the firmament, and the firmament of the heavens.

One is the crust of the earth, the second is the sky.

Derf

Your appeal to the stone notwithstanding...

When talking about elephants and their trunks, let's say I want to put an elephants toy in the trunk of the car. Or I could let the elephant pick up the toy with his trunk, and have him put it in the trunk of the car.

The Bible does the same thing as in the above sentences, just with "firmament" and "firmament of the heavens. Why do you think the first FIVE times Moses used just the word "firmament" (Hebrew "raqia," which means something pounded out, like a smith pounds out metal to make it thinner and to spread it out), and then the next FOUR times he adds "of the heavens"?

It's because they're two different things, just like when talking about elephants and their trunks, putting elephant toys in the trunk of the car. Two different things are being spoken about, the firmament, and the firmament of the heavens.

One is the crust of the earth, the second is the sky.
It was because he hadn't named the firmament until the 5th time. After he named it, then he associated the two words from then on.

Don't you think it weird for there to be lights in the firmament, called "heavens", when heaven is on earth, as you said?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I'm not interested here, because of all the junk I've read from the flat earthers.
So you can show how there can be gas pressure without a container?
I wasn't interested there, because it was off topic.
It wasn't off topic but I wouldn't have pressed the point because it was your thread.
I was banned from that thread prematurely.
I most likely wouldn't have said another word there.

Derf

So you can show how there can be gas pressure without a container?

It wasn't off topic but I wouldn't have pressed the point because it was your thread.
I was banned from that thread prematurely.
I most likely wouldn't have said another word there.
It wasn't my choice to ban you, and I appreciate that you would have stayed on topic. The flat earth gig is a major distraction for believers.