The Bill Gates of Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Monarchy gives the elite a license to steal while democracy spreads the opportunity to the masses. That's why elitists dislike democracy so much - it cuts into their potential profit.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure what's worse: a democratic rule by the majority, or a serfdom run by monarchs.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by granite1010
I'm not sure what's worse: a democratic rule by the majority, or a serfdom run by monarchs.
But remember, "the monarch has the courtesy to die"...

Obviously, the notion of successors or powers behind the throne are not taken into account...

:chuckle:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Zakath

Monarchy gives the elite a license to steal while democracy spreads the opportunity to the masses. That's why elitists dislike democracy so much - it cuts into their potential profit.
Then why are the elitists establishing a democracy in Iraq if they dislike it so much?

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by Jefferson
Then why are the elitists establishing a democracy in Iraq if they dislike it so much?
Simple: it's more profitable.

You know, like getting two factions to fight, and then supplying arms to them both...:greedy:

Granite

Hall of Fame

"Democracy" is pretty much a buzz word meaning "Western culture." Get Coke, Levis, and what we call "free elections" and everything'll be fine: that's been the interventionist formula for decades.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Gerald

Simple: it's more profitable.

You know, like getting two factions to fight, and then supplying arms to them both...:greedy:
I think it has more to do with their old tried and true maxims: Divide and conquer. And order out of chaos. In a democracy the people are divided against one another; Republicans vrs. Democrats, liberals vrs. conservatives.

Granite

Hall of Fame

I think it has more to do with their old tried and true maxims: Divide and conquer. And order out of chaos. In a democracy the people are divided against one another; Republicans vrs. Democrats, liberals vrs. conservatives.

Same thing happens everywhere, including a monarchy. War of the Roses, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.