ECT The Bride of Christ

PhilipJames

PhilipJames;4 Discussion? The Bride of Christ is the Church! how else could she be HIS body? The 2 made one flesh....(Eph 5:23-32) PJ[/QUOTE said:
Hi and the BUBBLE has burst here !

#1 , In the Body there ( Gal 3:28 ) CANNOT be Male nor Female as the EKKLESIA / ASSEMBLY is the Body of Christ

#2 , How can the Head of the Body marry it's members ?

Is not the husband the head of HIS wife? Eph 5:31-32

"For this reason a man shall leave (his) father and (his) mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh."

This is a great mystery, but I speak in reference to Christ and the church

#4 , Israel is the Bride , John 3:29 !1

Of course!

$5 , Then who are the FRIENDS of the Bridegroom , in verse 29 ?

the 'friend' of the bridegroom is John the Baptist who introduced the Groom to His bride.

#7 , Just when does the Ceremony take place ?

At the last supper. And forever in eternity!

#8 , After the Great Tribulation , don't you see !!

God married HIS people as HE promised to do. Happily for the gentiles, we too are invited to join in that union!

Come to the wedding feast before the doors are shut!

Peace!
PJ

PhilipJames

Hello musterion,

The Bride of Christ will be redeemed Israel.

And so she IS! And when the rest of Israel, who were cut off, are grafted back in... then will the sons of God truly be revealed!

From the CCC:

674 The glorious Messiah's coming is suspended at every moment of history until his recognition by "all Israel", for "a hardening has come upon part of Israel" in their "unbelief" toward Jesus. St. Peter says to the Jews of Jerusalem after Pentecost: "Repent therefore, and turn again, that your sins may be blotted out, that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that he may send the Christ appointed for you, Jesus, whom heaven must receive until the time for establishing all that God spoke by the mouth of his holy prophets from of old." St. Paul echoes him: "For if their rejection means the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance mean but life from the dead?" The "full inclusion" of the Jews in the Messiah's salvation, in the wake of "the full number of the Gentiles", will enable the People of God to achieve "the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ", in which "God may be all in all".

Peace!
PJ

musterion

The Body of Christ is not the Bride of Christ. Believers today are not the Bride of Christ. All of humanity is either eternally safe in the Body of Christ, or still dead and damned in Adam. There's no third option.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Body of Christ is not the Bride of Christ. Believers today are not the Bride of Christ. All of humanity is either eternally safe in the Body of Christ, or still dead and damned in Adam. There's no third option.

The Body of Christ is His Bride,

not His own body which is in Heaven.

Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

LA

PhilipJames

Dearest musterion,

Do you not understand 'the 2 made one flesh'? The Groom her Head, she HIS body....

You have read the love letters of the ONE who woos you, you have even said yes! to HIS proposal.. all that remains is to enter into the Feast and be united with HIM... why do you tarry?

Peace!
PJ

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
In very early translations of the text [pre St Jerome] the parable said "behold the Bridegroom cometh with His bride."

The bride is the whole church [yas OT and NT] but the real question that arises is who then are the wise virgins? they can't be both the bride and the bridal attendants.

When Jerome espied them he was thrown into a quandary for he realised it was impossible to have 2 churches. The virgins are essential to the parable...so he dropped the bride.

...she is still there, made conspicuous by her absence

PhilipJames

Hello Totton,

In very early translations of the text [pre St Jerome] the parable said "behold the Bridegroom cometh with His bride."

The bride is the whole church [yas OT and NT] but the real question that arises is who then are the wise virgins? they can't be both the bride and the bridal attendants.

Can't they? Consider that we are both the guests at the feast as individuals, and yet are the Bride corporately, that is the Body of Christ.

I would suggest that the 'virgins' are those Christians still here in this world at the time of Christ's return, and yes HE will bring the heavenly Bride with HIM when HE returns, all those (as you say from OT and New), our brethren, who have gone before us and 'finished the race'.

And those of us who are ready will join them in the eternal Feast.

Now how do you think we keep oil in our lamps?

Peace!
PJ

DAN P

Is not the husband the head of HIS wife? Eph 5:31-32

"For this reason a man shall leave (his) father and (his) mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh."

This is a great mystery, but I speak in reference to Christ and the church

Of course!

the 'friend' of the bridegroom is John the Baptist who introduced the Groom to His bride.

At the last supper. And forever in eternity!

God married HIS people as HE promised to do. Happily for the gentiles, we too are invited to join in that union!

Come to the wedding feast before the doors are shut!

Peace!
PJ

Hi and IF Christ married Israel in Jer 3:14 and God divorced Israel in Jer 3:8 a " bill of Divorcement !!

So , Christ will be Bigamous and have 2 wives ?

Christ will marry Israel , WHEN ?? Do you know ??

The Acts 2 people say that Eph 5 :24 prove that THE Body of Christ is the Bride , and instead the Greek proves differently !!

I have a OP in the Mid-Acts forum on the very subject !!

What you fail to see is that the Translations in English are not Inspired and you think that you have proof , but you do not !

Just look up some of the English words in VINE'S and you will see !!

dan p

PhilipJames

Hello Dan,
Hi and IF Christ married Israel in Jer 3:14 and God divorced Israel in Jer 3:8 a " bill of Divorcement !!

Israel broke the covenant that God had made with her, but reconciling with ones estranged spouse is not bigamy. God has but one 'wife'. He Himself reconciled her (and through her the world!) to HIMSELF, cleansing her and presenting her to HIMSELF spotless and pure.

I believe I already told you... the marriage was consummated at the last supper. The New (and everlasting!) Covenant has been established, the bridal ransom paid...

The Acts 2 people say that Eph 5 :24 prove that THE Body of Christ is the Bride , and instead the Greek proves differently !!

What you fail to see is that the Translations in English are not Inspired and you think that you have proof , but you do not !

dan p

I don't see what you are referring to here... please provide me with your translation and I will examine it.

Peace!
PJ

DAN P

PhilipJames;4 At the last supper. And forever in eternity! God married HIS people as HE promised to do. Happily for the gentiles said:
Hi and in Eph 5:23-32 husband and wife become one and Gal 3:28 says we are ALL " IN cHRIST " Jesus , and we are one with christ and can never be separated !!

Doors are SHUT on us and Christ , where does it say that ??

If you quote the 10 Virgins , be prepared to explain why 5 are shut out !!:bang::bang:

dan p

DAN P

Dearest musterion,

Do you not understand 'the 2 made one flesh'? The Groom her Head, she HIS body....

You have read the love letters of the ONE who woos you, you have even said yes! to HIS proposal.. all that remains is to enter into the Feast and be united with HIM... why do you tarry?

Peace!
PJ

Hi and just where in Eph 5:23 -32 does it say that the Body of Christ in the Bride of Christ ??
I have so much FUN and he says the GROOM her Head and she HIS body , and do not understand that in the Body there are not MALES or FEMALES Gal 3:28 !!:rotfl::rotfl:

Where is the proposal witha verse ? HUH ??

They need instruction in addition , 1*1 = 1 , can you believe that or is 0+1 = 1 ?

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

God divorced Israel of the old covenant , and is choosing a Bride for His Son.

Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
Rev 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
Rev 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Mortal Israel of the coming age are the children of the Bride, not the Bride--

Isa 49:14 But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me.
Isa 49:15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
Isa 49:16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
Isa 49:17 Thy children shall make haste; thy destroyers and they that made thee waste shall go forth of thee.
Isa 49:18 Lift up thine eyes round about, and behold: all these gather themselves together, and come to thee. As I live, saith the LORD, thou shalt surely clothe thee with them all, as with an ornament, and bind them on thee, as a bride doeth.

dan p

Whole books prove the Body of Christ is His Bride.

1Co 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

People are saying the Bride has not head of her own in the world as if the Body of Christ is Christs own body itself in a spiritual manner.

That is untrue because if that were so then there would be no sin or error in the Body and there would be no eyes and ears and hearing and smelling or speaking in the Body of Christ on earth.

Wake up Church.

1Co 12:16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
1Co 12:17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
1Co 12:18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
1Co 12:19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
1Co 12:20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.
1Co 12:21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

LA

DAN P

At the death of Christ.

LA

Hi Oats and you blew it again as you were quick to answer , and I have more than 4 verses as to when the Old Covenant was done away with !!

You did not even write me one to look at , and the Cross is very Important .

Satan was judged at the Croos , so who is doing all his dirty word IF he was defeated at the Cross ??

I thought you spoke to God in Languages and He would tell you , I guess not !!:bang::bang::bang:

dan p

DAN P

Are you hiding them?

Hi and he feels I am just boasting , and just plain dumb and I don;t mind helping out Carnel Babes but some just Resist to have there Diapers changed .

Here are just 3 of them , Acts 13:46 and Acts 18:6 and Acts 28:28 !!

But what do they mean is the question Acts 2 , Pentecostals can never seem to answer , can they !!

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and he feels I am just boasting , and just plain dumb and I don;t mind helping out Carnel Babes but some just Resist to have there Diapers changed .

Here are just 3 of them , Acts 13:46 and Acts 18:6 and Acts 28:28 !!

But what do they mean is the question Acts 2 , Pentecostals can never seem to answer , can they !!

dan p

Balderdash.

Act 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

Act 18:6 And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.

Act 28:28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

Try--

Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
Heb 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
Heb 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
Heb 9:18 Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.
Heb 9:19 For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,
Heb 9:20 Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.
Heb 9:21 Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.
Heb 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
Heb 9:23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
Heb 9:24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

If you are not in the new covenant then you are dead in your sins.

LA