The cigar lounge

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Any enlightening opinions regarding emphysema? :grave:
You don't inhale cigar smoke therefore emphysema isn't an issue in the cigar smoking hobby.

Most folks don't understand cigar smoking. It's not like cigarette smoking. Typically you smoke a fine cigar in the same manner that you might drink an expensive wine or fine whiskey.

People don't run out on their break at work and smoke a cigar just to get the nicotine buzz. Cigar smoking is a destination for relaxation for an hour or two. A premium cigar typically costs between $7 and $30 and has taken several years to be grown, fermented, aged, rolled, aged again, packaged, sold, bought, and aged yet again before smoking.

One of my new favorite cigars is the Quesada Reserva Privada which uses tobacco that was harvested 18 years ago. Super tasty!

quip

BANNED
Banned
You don't inhale cigar smoke therefore emphysema isn't an issue in the cigar smoking hobby.

Most folks don't understand cigar smoking. It's not like cigarette smoking. Typically you smoke a fine cigar in the same manner that you might drink an expensive wine or fine whiskey.

People don't run out on their break at work and smoke a cigar just to get the nicotine buzz. Cigar smoking is a destination for relaxation for an hour or two. A premium cigar typically costs between $7 and $30 and has taken several years to be grown, fermented, aged, rolled, aged again, packaged, sold, bought, and aged yet again before smoking.

One of my new favorite cigars is the Quesada Reserva Privada which uses tobacco that was harvested 18 years ago. Super tasty!

I know...I smoke....I enjoy it! :cigar:

You're missing my point.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Any enlightening opinions regarding emphysema? :grave:

So you have no answer. Of course I do, I am not an idiot millennial like you. It is a lung disease that has nothing to do with cigars. It is directly related to inhaling harmful contaminates.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

good evening Knight,

there is a place in St. Louis called Famous Bar - they have quite the selection of cigars on hand and distinct beverages, bands. 5400 blk of Chippewa if you get to Stl

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

While not every puff of a cigar is inhaled, I have been inhaling and retro-inhaling for over thirty years now.

My last lung X-ray only few months ago was perfectly clear. The real issue of inhalation is all the chemical treatments added to cigarettes versus just the tobacco leaf and nothing more, esp. as relates to low nicotine in aged good cigars.

That said, most cigar inhalers learn quickly to choose really good cigars that do not burn the respiratory canal and lungs. It seems to me that the issue of cigar inhalation and lung disease is a problem for those that are former cigarette smokers who often end up just buying small and cheap cigarillo type cigars sold at convenience stores, gas stations, and what not.

The next time you smoke a 1926 or 1964 Padron, take a deep breath and enjoy the experience. Just puffing it is abusing it. ;)

AMR

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
While not every puff of a cigar is inhaled, I have been inhaling and retro-inhaling for over thirty years now.

My last lung X-ray only few months ago was perfectly clear. The real issue of inhalation is all the chemical treatments added to cigarettes versus just the tobacco leaf and nothing more, esp. as relates to low nicotine in aged good cigars.

That said, most cigar inhalers learn quickly to choose really good cigars that do not burn the respiratory canal and lungs. It seems to me that the issue of cigar inhalation and lung disease is a problem for those that are former cigarette smokers who often end up just buying small and cheap cigarillo type cigars sold at convenience stores, gas stations, and what not.

The next time you smoke a 1926 or 1964 Padron, take a deep breath and enjoy the experience. Just puffing it is abusing it. ;)

AMR
I have had a couple cigars that my friend Yorzhik assured me were pretty good, and I honestly didn't care for them. I did enjoy this post though!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Good point.

AMR
I agree and I myself am a big fan of the retrohale and slight inhalation. My point was that in general cigar smokers don't inhale therefore emphysema is sort of a non-issue in the cigar smoking hobby.

Selaphiel

Having a very nice small Nicaraguan cigar tonight. A Tatuaje Petit Cazadores Reserva, dark Connecticut broadleaf wrapper.