ECT The club's defensiveness about commentaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interplanner

The club is increasingly defensive and censorious about commentaries...because there are so many that are mindlessly dispensationalist.

Danoh

The club is increasingly defensive and censorious about commentaries...because there are so many that are mindlessly dispensationalist.

Club of Rome?

Club Soda?

Club Sandwich?

Country Club?

Boy's Club?

Girl's Club?

Lol - Book of the Month Club?

Relax, bro; don't be so serious all the time.

Perhaps you're due for a Club Med Vacation :chuckle:

SaulToPaul 2

I would like for IP to explain his method of Bible study. How often? Which Bible? How many commentaries?

How does he compare spiritual with spiritual (which is how the Holy Ghost teaches)?
How does he go about rightly dividing the word of truth? What does this mean to him?

Danoh

I would like for IP to explain his method of Bible study. How often? Which Bible? How many commentaries?

How does he compare spiritual with spiritual (which is how the Holy Ghost teaches)?
How does he go about rightly dividing the word of truth? What does this mean to him?

Same kinds of questions I asked you twice: when I asked you about how you studied out a word or phrase, that you appeared to be missing a step - which you skirted answering - twice :chuckle:

And that is not what Paul was talking about when he followed what he was talking about with the phrase "comparing spiritual things with spiritual."

He was talking about his Spirit given use of Dynamic Equivalency.

Which is the issue of using words which best communicate the intended meaning of the things he was talking about.

1 Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Not in word meanings which the world comes up with, but which the Spirit has given him.

1 Corinthians 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Sort of like when we have an idea of what we want to convey to someone, or know what meaning we intend to convey, and pause to reflect on what words might best suit getting our intended meaning across to someone.

Meaning + the right words (that convey said meaning)

Comparing - a word comprised of the words "pairing" and "com" or "together."

Pairing together spiritual ideas with the right spiritual word meanings.

1 Corinthians 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

He is saying that the word imagery he was given to speak the things of God in, he finds he can not speak to them in.

Things of God + His Words to describe said things by.

You are reading LATER Modern English into the KJV's EARLY Modern English, in that word there.

It's time you quit being so set in your way, bro.

Danoh

Same to you..........bro

Learn how to properly study a word out and you'll see that Paul was not talking about comparing verses in that passage.

After you actually do that much; ask yourself if you have been off on that; what else may you have been off on.

Besides; the study tools you will have to look into will then serve you well, during other studies.

It can't be that I am alone on this one; Jerry saw it.

But you guys are as thick as any club can be - you don't point out such things to one another; and anyone who does, offends each of you.

Proverbs 27:17

SaulToPaul 2

Learn how to properly study a word out and you'll see that Paul was not talking about comparing verses in that passage.

After you actually do that much; ask yourself if you have been off on that; what else may you have been off on.

Besides; the study tools you will have to look into will then serve you well, during other studies.

It can't be that I am alone on this one; Jerry saw it.

But you guys are as thick as any club can be - you don't point out such things to one another; and anyone who does, offends each of you.

Proverbs 27:17

Oh.

Status
Not open for further replies.