The coronavirus scam

marke

First, I will trust trained professionals from the National Academy of Sciences over "@ianmSC" on twitter every day of the week. Second, no one claimed that masks were the only relevant variable. Again, here is what the professionals have concluded:

The preponderance of evidence indicates that mask wearing reduces transmissibility per contact by reducing transmission of infected respiratory particles in both laboratory and clinical contexts. Public mask wearing is most effective at reducing spread of the virus when compliance is high.
In more accurate terms, researchers know masks worn by most people do not inhibit transmission of covid particles, but practicing cleanliness and avoiding contact with others, coupled with the wearing of masks, should reduce the likelihood of catching the disease from others. That is common sense. If you never go out in public or have contact with others you will decrease your chances of catching the disease, whether you wear your mask or not, so the government mandates mask wearing for purely political reasons, not because they work.

marke

Hmm, a twitter account over the National Academy Of Sciences...

Nah, the twitter account has to have the goods...
There was a time when scientists, backed by peer-reviewed papers, claimed the earth was cooling at an alarming rate. They claimed the data from more than a hundred years proved that. Then scientists began claiming the earth was warming at an alarming rate, with evidence of a hundred years backing up their claims. That is just one example of why we should not blindly accept theories being propagated by biased writers of peer-reviewed scientific papers.

Arthur Brain

There was a time when scientists, backed by peer-reviewed papers, claimed the earth was cooling at an alarming rate. They claimed the data from more than a hundred years proved that. Then scientists began claiming the earth was warming at an alarming rate, with evidence of a hundred years backing up their claims. That is just one example of why we should not blindly accept theories being propagated by biased writers of peer-reviewed scientific papers.
If you understood how the peer review process actually works you wouldn't have written this.

marke

If you understood how the peer review process actually works you wouldn't have written this.
Nonsense. A group of researchers put the peer-review process to a scientific test. They submitted old articles which were previously reviewed for publication to see how accurate the acceptance or rejection of the material was. They found an amazing rejection of articles which had already passed past peer review and were published, as well as an amazing number of papers which were formerly rejected but were accepted by reviewers in this latest test.

Do I have confidence in peer-review? Only as much confidence as I can muster for the opinions of biased human speculators and theorists in the science field.

Arthur Brain

Nonsense. A group of researchers put the peer-review process to a scientific test. They submitted old articles which were previously reviewed for publication to see how accurate the acceptance or rejection of the material was. They found an amazing rejection of articles which had already passed past peer review and were published, as well as an amazing number of papers which were formerly rejected but were accepted by reviewers in this latest test.

Do I have confidence in peer-review? Only as much confidence as I can muster for the opinions of biased human speculators and theorists in the science field.
Where on earth did you get this from?

Arthur Brain

Unlike lazy secular dupes who believe without question what the group tells them is true, I do my own research and discover facts the ignorant refuse to acknowledge or accept as even possible.
Well, I don't kowtow to any sort of group mentality without question but then proper research involves scrutinising sources that don't fit into a confirmation bias.

expos4ever

Blind group-think acceptance of lies is quite common in a world given over to following the devil instead of believing God.
Here is the problem with this kind of thinking - you guys have manufactured a world-view that gives you free license to believe whatever you want and not do the hard work, like they do at the National Academy of Sciences, of examining the real world to see how it actually behaves.

When you see the world in term of demonic and magical forces you can always dismiss facts you don't happen to like as the work of Satan, or some other pseudo-conspiracy theory.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Here is the problem with this kind of thinking - you guys have manufactured a world-view that gives you free license to believe whatever you want and not do the hard work, like they do at the National Academy of Sciences, of examining the real world to see how it actually behaves.
Have you ever been a front line worker working one-on-one with dying people and all of the messiness that involves?

Have you ever worked as a statistician gathering data and attempting to analyze it in a non-biased, cogent manner to tease out meaning?

Or are you, as I suspect, just like the other morons here who put blind faith in something that says "Science" in its title?

Last edited:

marke

When you see the world in term of demonic and magical forces you can always dismiss facts you don't happen to like as the work of Satan, or some other pseudo-conspiracy theory.
What kind of hardened bias drives researchers to insist that flattened tropical forests below 2,000' of frozen muck in Alaska is not evidence of massive flooding and simultaneous climate change?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Have you ever been a front line worker working one-on-one with dying people and all of the messiness that involves?
I have. In the 80s, with preemies dying of complications from HIV. The actual cause of death was usually drowning. There was a lot of debate over what importance to give this new disease that was a primary causal factor in the deaths.
Have you ever worked as a statistician gathering data and attempting to analyze it in a non-biased, cogent manner to tease out meaning?
I have, in an FDA regulated industry. I was good at it. I could make the data say whatever my boss wanted it to say.

way 2 go

First, I will trust trained professionals from the National Academy of Sciences over "@ianmSC" on twitter every day of the week. Second, no one claimed that masks were the only relevant variable. Again, here is what the professionals have concluded:

The preponderance of evidence indicates that mask wearing reduces transmissibility per contact by reducing transmission of infected respiratory particles in both laboratory and clinical contexts. Public mask wearing is most effective at reducing spread of the virus when compliance is high.

funny how science never said masks work to stop the spread of a virus until now ,funnier still is when you are shown
evidence that they don't work you don't provide any evidence that they do ,

can you provide actual evidence that is not just smoke and mirrors that a cloth rag over your face is more than 3% effective ?

a cloth mask is 3% effective , which is statistically insignificant

Results The rates of all infection outcomes were highest in the cloth mask arm, with the rate of ILI statistically significantly higher in the cloth mask arm (relative risk (RR)=13.00, 95% CI 1.69 to 100.07) compared with the medical mask arm. Cloth masks also had significantly higher rates of ILI compared with the control arm. An analysis by mask use showed ILI (RR=6.64, 95% CI 1.45 to 28.65) and laboratory-confirmed virus (RR=1.72, 95% CI 1.01 to 2.94) were significantly higher in the cloth masks group compared with the medical masks group. Penetration of cloth masks by particles was almost 97% and medical masks 44%.
Conclusions This study is the first RCT of cloth masks, and the results caution against the use of cloth masks. This is an important finding to inform occupational health and safety. Moisture retention, reuse of cloth masks and poor filtration may result in increased risk of infection. Further research is needed to inform the widespread use of cloth masks globally. However, as a precautionary measure, cloth masks should not be recommended for HCWs, particularly in high-risk situations, and guidelines need to be updated.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
From the Nuremberg Trial (1945)
Hermann Goering to the question "How did you convince the German people to accept all this?" He replied, "It was easy and has nothing to do with Nazism. The only thing a government needs to turn people into slaves is fear. If you can find something to scare them you can make them do anything you want."

Sound familiar?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
From the Nuremberg Trial (1945)
Hermann Goering to the question "How did you convince the German people to accept all this?" He replied, "It was easy and has nothing to do with Nazism. The only thing a government needs to turn people into slaves is fear. If you can find something to scare them you can make them do anything you want."

Sound familiar?

A post shared several thousand times on Facebook claims that the Nazi war criminal Hermann Goering said during the Nuremberg trials that "the only thing a government needs to turn people into slaves is fear." However, there is no trace of the statement in trial records, and a similar remark found in a book by a psychologist who collected Nazi testimonies related to war, not fear.