The debates didn't change my mind in the least

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you be so kind, check out The definitive TED CRUZ broadcast from right here at TOL!!!! :)

Since no one else has come forward, please be the first to respond.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4603200&postcount=2

While I haven't wasted spent time looking into Bob Enyart's allegations about Ted Cruz's supposed pro abortion stances, often times in Congress 1 vote covers numerous legislative bills. If the legislator agrees with 4 of the 5 items in the bill, he put's it in the record that he doesn't agree with the 5th. Based on Ted Cruz's staunch belief in God, I find it difficult to believe that he would be for abortion, let alone partial birth abortion.

But then I really shouldn't have a discussion on abortion with a Libertarian whose Party Platform says this:

1.5 Abortion

Recognizing that abortion is a sensitive issue and that people can hold good-faith views on all sides, we believe that government should be kept out of the matter, leaving the question to each person for their conscientious consideration.

http://www.lp.org/platform

I shouldn't derail this thread talking about godless Libertarians, instead I should show the facts about Ted Cruz:
Defending Life

Ted Cruz has fought to protect innocent human life. He played a leading role in several important cases, including defense of the partial-birth abortion ban, parental consent laws, and prohibiting state funds from going to abortion. These cases have all been part of the ongoing effort to ensure that every child in America receives the protection and respect they deserve.
•Authored an amicus brief for 13 states, successfully defending the federal Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act. The ban was upheld 5-4 before the U.S. Supreme Court;
•Authored an amicus brief for 18 states, successfully defending the New Hampshire parental notification law. The law was upheld 9-0 before the U.S. Supreme Court [note: this brief was awarded the Best Brief Award from the National Association of Attorneys General for U.S. Supreme Court briefs written in 2005-06];
•Successfully defended Texas's Rider 8, which prohibits state funds for groups that provide abortions, winning unanimously before the Fifth Circuit court of appeals.
http://www.thepoliticalguide.com/Profiles/Senate/Texas/Ted_Cruz/Views/Abortion/

Doesn't sound like a Libertarian baby murderer to me.

P.S. I noticed your obsession with me by reading your signature. I guess zoo22 and WizardofOz have competition ey? I'll gladly debate the person that wrote that for you :).

drbrumley

Debate? Since when do you debate? I have offered you a Battle Royal, even a One on One, and you basically declined.

And there you go again. Doesn't know the difference between libertarian and libertine. The Libertarian Party is an embarrassment for any person who is inclined to liberty for at least 15 years or so if not longer. So you repeatedly bringing up the Party as it is supposed to reflect my views is rather stupid. But stupid is what stupid does eh?

As to Enyarts show, you have ears and a memory, remember his objections and rebut them if you can. All I can say is this should be interesting.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Debate? Since when do you debate? I have offered you a Battle Royal, even a One on One, and you basically declined.

Here would be the 'debate' in a nutshell:

I post my argument, you run off for 4 hours reading Loony Rockwell articles that you can copy and paste as your response.

But since you're here, how about we both derail this thread by discussing your signature:

"ACW argues that people not under the yoke of a government will “do whatever the hell they like.” That is, they will not practice self-government. But who comprises the government? People! The same people (one assumes, unless we are talking about a new species) who are, according to the critic, prone to “doing whatever the hell they like.” Only now, these people are organized into a mighty gang – armed and anointed with the legal authority to “do whatever the hell they like.” Which of course they tend to do. Exponentially."

Atheist Walter Block or Lew Rockwell, who authored that piece of disinformation?

And there you go again. Doesn't know the difference between libertarian and libertine.

Libertines engage in the immoral behaviors that Libertarians encourage them to do. Pretty simple definition that anyone should be able to remember.

The Libertarian Party is an embarrassment for any person who is inclined to liberty for at least 15 years or so if not longer. So you repeatedly bringing up the Party as it is supposed to reflect my views is rather stupid. But stupid is what stupid does eh?

Your boy Ron Paul isn't overly embarrassed by it, as he ran on it's Presidential ticket (twice?) and is a self proclaimed "Member of the Libertarian Party for life" (Ron Paul speech endorsing doper Chuck Baldwin's run for the Constitution Party Presidential ticket in 2010).

As to Enyarts show, you have ears and a memory, remember his objections and rebut them if you can. All I can say is this should be interesting.

Ted Cruz doesn't have to defend his conservatism to Christians or Libertarians. If you want to bring up your choice for President (is it Gary Johnson again?), then we can debate which candidate is best for America.

drbrumley

Here would be the 'debate' in a nutshell:

I post my argument, you run off for 4 hours reading Loony Rockwell articles that you can copy and paste as your response.

Nope.

Then my idea to debate in a One on One or Battle Royal since this is what you think I do would be something you are interested in? These debates are highly structured and monitored. What you accuse me of is not allowed. So now that we took care of that, will you or won't you? That's the question.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nope.

Then my idea to debate in a One on One or Battle Royal since this is what you think I do would be something you are interested in? These debates are highly structured and monitored. What you accuse me of is not allowed. So now that we took care of that, will you or won't you? That's the question.

How about we make it the shortest Battle Royal in TOL history?

I show how laws dealing with sexual sins (or any immoral behavior for that matter) help a society, you give the Libertarian (supposed) argument that they don't?

"ACW argues that people not under the yoke of a government will “do whatever the hell they like.” That is, they will not practice self-government. But who comprises the government? People! The same people (one assumes, unless we are talking about a new species) who are, according to the critic, prone to “doing whatever the hell they like.” Only now, these people are organized into a mighty gang – armed and anointed with the legal authority to “do whatever the hell they like.” Which of course they tend to do. Exponentially."

I'm literally salivating thinking about ripping the above paragraph to shreds.

Mark M

I show how laws dealing with sexual sins (or any immoral behavior for that matter) help a society, you give the Libertarian (supposed) argument that they don't?

Who wrote that amazing paragraph?

csuguy

I'm voting for Sander myself, though that's not to say I like all his positions. However, he will bring about much needed economic and social changes if he is successful.

drbrumley

Awww, that's tragic.....and I waited all this time for your scintillating retort....:shocked: