The "Flesh" in Romans 7 and a discussion of the "sinful nature"

daqq

Well this is foreign territory to traditional thinking, The amount of OT quotes used by Paul in his teachings should tear the traditional veil of it being new, but I realize after wearing one myself for years that it is made of stuff durable material.

You make really good points, and I enjoy you're discernment:).

Thanks friend, I find general agreement in many of your points also. :)

Just like Isaiah who says that all righteous acts are as filthy rags. They're still righteous acts, they're just not sufficient for justification, which is Paul's point

:thumb: Well said. :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You're adding to the text of Scripture, now. Paul clearly states that before law came HE was alive. (Romans 7:9)

Uh, no.

Romans 5

13 (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.

themuzicman

Uh, no.

Romans 5

13 (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.

Ah, I was thinking of another verse. Paul is speaking of physical death, here, even for those who never had the Old Covenant Law.