Theology Club: The Hebrew Epistles and Where Do They Fit?

Jerry Shugart

Nope, for awhile there you were actually able to abide disagreements. Now, you're locked and loaded on what looks like a bad case of spiritual pride.

It is you who has a bad case of spiritual pride because you absolutely think that you know more about the Scriptures than those who wrote them. According to you John wrote 1 John 1:9 to unbelievers despite the fact that his epistle was addressed to those who had already had their sins forgiven (1 Jn.2:12).

You say that Peter was walking in the light even though Paul said that he was to be blamed and that he was NOT walking according to the truth of the gospel.

You don't need the Scriptures because you think that you know more than Paul did about Peter's actions. That is the true sign of those with spiritual pride, that when their ideas are proven wrong by the Scriptures they cling to their false ideas!

Nothing there about being baptized into the body of Christ.

So what is said at 1 Corinthians 12:13 is nothing about the Body of Christ even though we read that by one Spirit we are batized into one Body? What "Body" is Paul referring to there?

The proof is in what is NOT there. It's absence alone is glaring.

Yes, there is no proof found in the Scriptures which demonstrates that only some of the first century Jewish believers were baptized into the Body of Christ and others not.

So why do you believe that is true since, by your own admission, there is no proof that it is true?

That is just more evidence of your spiritual pride.

glorydaz

It is you who has a bad case of spiritual pride because you absolutely think that you know more about the Scriptures than those who wrote them. According to you John wrote 1 John 1:9 to unbelievers despite the fact that his epistle was addressed to those who had already had their sins forgiven (1 Jn.2:12).

I'm just paying attention to little words like, "IF WE SAY....", and you like to ignore them.

1 John 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

And if you take some, you need to take all.....

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.​

glorydaz

You say that Peter was walking in the light even though Paul said that he was to be blamed and that he was NOT walking according to the truth of the gospel.

You don't need the Scriptures because you think that you know more than Paul did about Peter's actions. That is the true sign of those with spiritual pride, that when their ideas are proven wrong by the Scriptures they cling to their false ideas!

Paul says NOTHING about Peter not walking in the light. That's YOU making that charge against Peter. And yet, you refuse to even say what it was that Peter and Barnabas and the others were doing that caused them to be accused of being children of darkness by you.

Jerry Shugart

Paul says NOTHING about Peter not walking in the light

So you still continue to believe that Peter was walking in the light despite the fact that Paul said the following about him?:

"But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. 12. For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. 13. And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation. 14. But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?"
(Gal.2:11-14).​

It is impossible that Peter was walking in the light because Paul said that he was NOT walking according to the truth of the gospel. That means that he was not walking by faith and what is not of faith is a sin (Ro.14:23).

Now I will ask you a question and I expect a direct answer. Have you sinned since you were saved?