The Hebrew Epistles: Where Do They Fit?

Danoh

I think that you are missing the point of this thread. So let me start by asking you a couple of questions. Can you see that 1 Corinthians is addressed to all believers in every place?:

"Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's" (1 Cor.1:2).​

Matthew Henry wrote:

"In conjunction with the church at Corinth, he directs the epistle 'to all that in every place call on the name of Christ Jesus our Lord, both theirs and ours' " (Matthew Henry, Commentary at 1 Corinthians 1:2).​

Do you agree that the doctrine found in 1 Corinthians applies to every believer on the earth?

If your answer is "no" then explain why you do not believe that Paul's words at 1 Corinthians 1:2 do not include every true believer in the world. If your answer is "yes" then do you agree that every believer on the earth are members of the Body of Christ, especially since these words from the same epistle are directed to all the believers on the earth?:

"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

Again, if your answer is "yes" then can you understand that all the epistles, beginning at Romans and continuing through Jude, are all addressed to members of the Body of Christ?

Lon, not that doing so will appease his incessant need to have others assert that he is right - after all, that is the way of an inner issue; of neurosis - it is never appeased by outer circumstances; it ever needs to seek out "just one more" to bait into endless battle with itself.

Not that doing so will appease him, but perhaps you could simply agree with him; shut him up...

Well... at least until his next post... asking you to lay out exactly why you agree that he alone is right.

Clearly, the man has an issue the Cross failed to solve for.

Ya screwed up God - one issue got away - Jerry Shugart!

Perhaps Jerry is the ghost of that thorn in Paul's side, lol

A theme song for your malady, Jerry - just for you...

"Sympathy For The Devil"

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith
And I was 'round when Jesus Christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game
I stuck around St. Petersburg
When I saw it was a time for a change
Killed the czar and his ministers
Anastasia screamed in vain
I rode a tank
Held a general's rank
When the blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
Ah, what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah
I watched with glee
While your kings and queens
Fought for ten decades
For the gods they made
I shouted out,
"Who killed the Kennedys?"
When after all
It was you and me
Let me please introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
And I laid traps for troubadours
Who get killed before they reached Bombay
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah, get down, baby
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
But what's confusing you
Is just the nature of my game
Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints
As heads is tails
Just call me Lucifer
Cause I'm in need of some restraint
So if you meet me
Have some courtesy
Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse
Or I'll lay your soul to waste, um yeah
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, um yeah
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, um mean it, get down
Woo, who
Oh yeah, get on down
Oh yeah
Oh yeah!
Tell me baby, what's my name
Tell me honey, can ya guess my name
Tell me baby, what's my name
I tell you one time, you're to blame
Ooo, who
Ooo, who
Ooo, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Oh, yeah
What's me name
Tell me, baby, what's my name
Tell me, sweetie, what's my name
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Oh, yeah​

Daniel1611

This idea that the things you like are for you and the things you don't are for the past is the worst exegesis possible. It's cherry picking that uses some pretentious theological jargon to try to make it credible, and is not Biblical Christianity.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yer the fraud, bud.

Answer the question.

All yer doin' is runnin' scared when I backed you into a corner.

Runnin' through all yer baseless rhetoric saying nothing and lookin' for support from yer cronies.

Got a little to close for comfort there, hunh big boy?;)

"All yer doin' is runnin' scared when I backed you into a corner."-Jeff

Wow, Jeff! You stunned me with another cliche! It took you just how long to "Google" that? The TOL audience is mesmerized!

"yer...yer..."-Jeff

You think that's so cute, don't you "partneer?"

"hunh big boy"-Jeff

Excellent "modern" "English there, junkie. "Hagin'out/chillaxin'" at that dating site, eh junkie?

No, you're a fraud, Jeff, as I explained in the chapters, the relevant passages, citing them, and picked you apart, leaving you bloodied, on the mat, left resorting to sound bytes, blubberings, ....Even you know it. Do the below:

"Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me." Luke 18:22 KJV

"Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee." Mark 10:28 KJV

"Then Peter said, Lo, we have left all, and followed thee." Luke 18:28 KJV

"And all that believed were together, and had all things common; And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need." Acts 2:44 KJV , Acts 2:45 KJV

"And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need." Acts 4:32-35 KJV

I thought so, Jeff, as you're not in my league, scripturally, and would not know the difference, between the book of Joel, and Billy Joel, as your "posts"/scribble are void of scripture, just opinions, about opinions, about opinions of opinions of opinions, and emotional rants, mutterings, grunts, snorts...

Weighty, Jeff. "Oprah" taught you well.

"Answer the question."-Jeff

I'll give you a shot at the champ, Jeff. Show your biblical acumen, "prowness," and provide to me, and the TOL audience, the chapter, and verse, that requires that I answer any question, especially from a lost drone, such as yourself. Chapter, verse, Jeff. Put down your old reliable "TV Guide," and "Papa John's Pizza" menu, survey the book, and provide me the chapter(s), verse(s). Unpack it for me.

Watta ya say, Jeff? Ya wanna shot at the title?(You taught us how to talk like that-we learned that from you).

You won't.

Have a seat, Jeff. You're way over your head.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
This idea that the things you like are for you and the things you don't are for the past is the worst exegesis possible. It's cherry picking that uses some pretentious theological jargon to try to make it credible, and is not Biblical Christianity.

That's slick....real slick.....Deception. The old reliable "cherry picking" baffler, that leaves thousands of TOL dispensationalist proponents "speechless."

Next up?:Bible chopper...Bible splitter....Don't you believe the bible?

And the beat goes On , ladi dadi dee ...

Listen, Daniel 's not my brother, an honest man/woman, admits that not all of the biblical addresses, commands, are directed toward each individual, w/o exception, and that everyone, w/o exception, "cherry picks," w/o exception.

However, you've not claimed that you are an honest man, on this subject, so we dismiss you, along with all the other droids, who deceitfully, dishonestly, claim that all of the bible is about them, specifically, written to them, for their obedience, is their "marching orders," filed under the "Deuteronomy/Leviticus" groupie file.

Dismissed, Colonel Klink.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes, we all know Tet believes the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ was a Roman army destroying Jerusalem.

Why is he playing games about it?

We hurt his fragile feelings a spell ago, Mayor, and now he has a "Dispie Compelsion Obsession"-DCO. He's in denial.

john w

Hall of Fame
Reminds me of when Big Barn offered Jeff Pruitt a shot at the title.

And Jeff "1Mind1Spicolli" will probably clear his voice, and give us his "tuff" guy grunts/snorts, along the lines of, "Well, yer gonna get a whippin', boy....Saddle up..."

john w

Hall of Fame
Maybe we should offer poor Tet an olive branch, perhaps we can lead him out of Hammering Hank's cult?

Well, Mayor, I was an olive branch salesman for 25 years....

What was the subject, again?

You're in denial, that real estate is more profitable, than the vacuum cleaner market.

SaulToPaul 2

Well, Mayor, I was an olive branch salesman for 25 years....

What was the subject, again?

You're in denial, that real estate is more profitable, than the vacuum cleaner market.

Reckon you could get Tet a job working for you in the stock market game? His part-time job as a Darby blogger isn't really helping pay the bills.

john w

Hall of Fame
Reckon you could get Tet a job working for you in the stock market game? His part-time job as a Darby blogger isn't really helping pay the bills.

I don't know, Mayor, as I reckon that he might think that since "no one" recommended a particular equity, say, for, eg., Google, when it went public in the early 2000's, it is not a "good buy" now. And he might confuse golf scores, with stock prices.

You're in denial.

Daniel1611

That's slick....real slick.....Deception. The old reliable "cherry picking" baffler, that leaves thousands of TOL dispensationalist proponents "speechless."

Next up?:Bible chopper...Bible splitter....Don't you believe the bible?

And the beat goes On , ladi dadi dee ...

Listen, Daniel 's not my brother, an honest man/woman, admits that not all of the biblical addresses, commands, are directed toward each individual, w/o exception, and that everyone, w/o exception, "cherry picks," w/o exception.

However, you've not claimed that you are an honest man, on this subject, so we dismiss you, along with all the other droids, who deceitfully, dishonestly, claim that all of the bible is about them, specifically, written to them, for their obedience, is their "marching orders," filed under the "Deuteronomy/Leviticus" groupie file.

Dismissed, Colonel Klink.

Anything in the Bible that is not specifically addressed to a certain person is for everyone. E.g. "build an ark" was for Noah. Thou shalt not steal is for everyone. Dispensationalism is a religion all its own. It is certainly not orthodox Christianity with its many gospels. I usually enjoy your posts, but I also know you're very proud of yourself, John. If you think your condescension is convincing, it isn't. Entertaining? Yes. But not convincing.

john w

Hall of Fame
Anything in the Bible that is not specifically addressed to a certain person is for everyone. E.g. "build an ark" was for Noah. Thou shalt not steal is for everyone. Dispensationalism is a religion all its own. It is certainly not orthodox Christianity with its many gospels. I usually enjoy your posts, but I also know you're very proud of yourself, John. If you think your condescension is convincing, it isn't. Entertaining? Yes. But not convincing.

Observe, the deception. The above "Anything in the Bible that is not specifically addressed to a certain person is for everyone.."

Vs. previously:

"This idea that the things you like are for you and the things you don't are for the past is the worst exegesis possible. It's cherry picking that uses some pretentious theological jargon to try to make it credible, and is not Biblical Christianity.

So, you lied, or you're just stupid. Which is worse?

"It is certainly not orthodox Christianity with its many gospels."-you

Yes, there are many pieces of "good news" in the bible. You deny that. The LORD God never taught you that in His book. You had to have the devil teach you that-that is satanic.

"I usually enjoy your posts, but I also know you're very proud of yourself, John. If you think your condescension is convincing, it isn't. Entertaining? Yes. But not convincing."-Daniel's not my brother

I'm flattered, but save it. I can obtain psycho babble from "Dr. Phil"-and he is more entertaining than you, as you're beginning to bore me.

Daniel1611

Observe, the deception. The above "Anything in the Bible that is not specifically addressed to a certain person is for everyone.."

Vs. previously:

"This idea that the things you like are for you and the things you don't are for the past is the worst exegesis possible. It's cherry picking that uses some pretentious theological jargon to try to make it credible, and is not Biblical Christianity.

So, you lied, or you're just stupid. Which is worse?

"It is certainly not orthodox Christianity with its many gospels."-you

Yes, there are many pieces of "good news" in the bible. You deny that. The LORD God never taught you that in His book. You had to have the devil teach you that-that is satanic.

"I usually enjoy your posts, but I also know you're very proud of yourself, John. If you think your condescension is convincing, it isn't. Entertaining? Yes. But not convincing."-Daniel's not my brother

I'm flattered, but save it. I can obtain psycho babble from "Dr. Phil"-and he is more entertaining than you, as you're beginning to bore me.

You didn't get many gospels from the Bible. You get one from the Bible. THE Gospel of Christ. Singular. Dispensationalism is the denial if THE Gospel of Christ.

john w

Hall of Fame
You didn't get many gospels from the Bible. You get one from the Bible. THE Gospel of Christ. Singular. Dispensationalism is the denial if THE Gospel of Christ.

"You didn't get many gospels from the Bible."-child of the devil

1. Translated: the fool does not know the meaning of the word "gospel"-"good news."

You-there is not many pieces of good news in the book.
That is satanic.

Me: Yes, there are many pieces of good news.

2. You assert that your saint Judas preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

You made that up-satanic.

Clueless.

Wolf.

john w

Hall of Fame

Sssssssssssss..

He asserts that saint Judas preached "Christ died for our sins....was buried...Rose again for our justification....Believe this good news to be saved!!!!"

1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV

Death
Burial
Resurrection

Wolfie.

Daniel1611

"You didn't get many gospels from the Bible."-child of the devil

1. Translated: the fool does not know the meaning of the word "gospel"-"good news."

You-there is not many pieces of good news in the book.
That is satanic.

Me: Yes, there are many pieces of good news.

2. You assert that your saint Judas preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

You made that up-satanic.

Clueless.

Wolf.

Sure, many good things happened and are promised in the Bible. THE Gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation. The Gospel preached by Jesus was preached by the disciples was preached by Paul and is what Abraham rejoiced of.

Daniel1611

Sssssssssssss..

He asserts that saint Judas preached "Christ died for our sins....was buried...Rose again for our justification....Believe this good news to be saved!!!!"

1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV

Death
Burial
Resurrection

Wolfie.

Judas was never saved. However belief in the death, burial and resurrection is how people are saved. Period. No one is saved by anything else. Period. In the OT, they believed the LORD and looked forward and rejoiced over Christ's work. In the NT, we have beheld his glory.