The Joys of Catholicism

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
You don't know true love and happiness then.
Yep, couldn't be happier. I missed Mass so much! I'm so glad it's back baby! Public Mass that is. Of course all along every day priests celebrated the Mass on behalf of the Church, even though for health reasons, due to the pandemic, we couldn't attend. This isn't the first time that public Mass has been suspended during a pandemic either, the Church has done this before, during previous plagues and pestilences. But boy did I start to miss it! So happy now!

God's Truth

Yep, couldn't be happier. I missed Mass so much! I'm so glad it's back baby! Public Mass that is. Of course all along every day priests celebrated the Mass on behalf of the Church, even though for health reasons, due to the pandemic, we couldn't attend. This isn't the first time that public Mass has been suspended during a pandemic either, the Church has done this before, during previous plagues and pestilences. But boy did I start to miss it! So happy now!

I wouldn't step foot in a Catholic church again.

Once you understand the evil of it you want no part of it.

clefty

What a nasty thing to point out. Rather than sympathize with someone who is medically prevented from receiving Communion. Which is something the Church has always done, right from the start Acts 2:42

I am sympathetic to the poor diseased person not able to ingest the body...the mystery miracle...painful to some believers...

the Church has tried to fix this by issuing low gluten wafers...sadly they couldn’t offer another bread from another gluten free flour as church law demands it must be wheat...

they could use almond flour or buck wheat or sorghum flour or amaranth flour or teff arrowroot brown rice oat corn chick pea coconut tapioca cassava tigernut flours...but NOPE the body of christ must be masked in its accidents with wheat...church LAW

happily they can make very very low gluten crackers in their official bakeries...but some sufferers are still allergic...so special dispensations are made that only ONE species is enough...just the wine is given them...despite the miracle being the bread is turned to flesh...so either the His flesh has gluten or the gluten is in what bread looks like (its accidents) and not in the substance...

Oh and if the wine turns to blood...how come all those drunk monk stories? Does His blood have alcohol in it too?

The Roman rite by LAW maintainns it is unleavened bread despite for centuries it was LEAVENED and still is in EO services...

And because the bread broken right from the start was leavened in Acts 2:42 as the last supper was NOT a passover/unleavened festival party...so their bread breaking was leavened...greek has a name for unleavened bread but it was NOT used in these texts...

Idolater

I am sympathetic to the poor diseased person not able to ingest the body...the mystery miracle...painful to some believers...

the Church has tried to fix this by issuing low gluten wafers...sadly they couldn’t offer another bread from another gluten free flour as church law demands it must be wheat...

they could use almond flour or buck wheat or sorghum flour or amaranth flour or teff arrowroot brown rice oat corn chick pea coconut tapioca cassava tigernut flours...but NOPE the body of christ must be masked in its accidents with wheat...church LAW

happily they can make very very low gluten crackers in their official bakeries...but some sufferers are still allergic...so special dispensations are made that only ONE species is enough...just the wine is given them...despite the miracle being the bread is turned to flesh...so either the His flesh has gluten or the gluten is in what bread looks like (its accidents) and not in the substance...

Oh and if the wine turns to blood...how come all those drunk monk stories? Does His blood have alcohol in it too?

The Roman rite by LAW maintainns it is unleavened bread despite for centuries it was LEAVENED and still is in EO services...

And because the bread broken right from the start was leavened in Acts 2:42 as the last supper was NOT a passover/unleavened festival party...so their bread breaking was leavened...greek has a name for unleavened bread but it was NOT used in these texts...
. . . so, what.

clefty

Exactly. Old Covenant /Testament. Haven't you read where due to the death of the testator, that it's been fulfilled, and that His blood dedicated the New Covenant?
sure I read that...and His death sealed it to...so ummm...there are NO CHANGES after the covenant is signed and sealed right? So we must to look at His teaching and lifestyle to show how this New Covenant was written out to be signed and sealed...after which no changes because the death now enforces it...right? Heb 10:17

There are similarities and differences between the two. For instance, the priesthood of the New Covenant is no longer Levitcal descending from Aaron according to the flesh. The priesthood of the New Covenant is in the order of Melchizedek.
right... the administration the ministry the application the enforcement of the IMMUTABLE law has been transferred...new signers same Law...

Also dietary laws aren't the same.
not so fast...Peter kept kosher and Acts 15 is specific NO strangled meat and NO blood...both in the OT and for foreigners...see? still binding...

Now let me ask you do you suppose if I do NOT strangle a swine and make sure its blood is drained that swine becomes magically clean for me to eat?

and keeping the Sabbath
again...the instruction was to pray that the Sabbath would be kept in times of trouble even after His return to heaven...long after...He expected both winter times and Sabbath times to continue....

is why Heb 4:9 a Sabbatismos or in English a Sabbath keeping remains for His people...now don’t they have a greek word for sunday? Cuz they kinda stole one for Saturday from Hebrew...prolly for a reason...

you are His people yes? Paul kept sabbath and said return next Sabbath for more...NOT come back tomorrow when we celebrate the resurrection...James concluded the jerusalem council that crowding goyim would continue to do so to hear moses preached...EVERY SABBATH...

circumcision
Paul claims we are to be circumcised...just another body part...

There are a lot of differences, only one of which concerns images.
yes the differences occurred to poor Peter’s church... but LONG after he was dead and the others too from the first century church...

some changes to tradition still occur like V2 and traditionalists are adamant protesters to them...understandable...as some have been protesting changes much much longer...

clefty

I remember when I was a Catholic never missing a mass service because it would be a sin. That is taught nowhere in the Bible.

The truth sets people free and gives true joy.

Yup...not assisting the mass each sunday is a mortal sin...to be confessed prior the next one...or one is an invalid recipient

clefty

Ironic or appropriate that you have not changed your avatar name...

God's Truth

I thought you were banned. Now we have to put up withg more of your lies and hate.

Oh wait, weren't YOU banned?

smh

You were even calling all Catholic adversaries to come and post. Are you double minded?

The usual gang of haters are silent?

What kind of mental problem is that?

Trump Gurl: This is what I believe....
Others: [silence, no posting]
Trump Gurl:: Where are you, come back, please post, say something.
Others: [posting and replying]
Trump Gurl: What are you doing here you liar. Weren't you banned?
Others: You were banned and called us to post. Cuckoo.

Last edited:

God's Truth

I said I'm very happy right now. Because public Mass is back!

What were you feeling before that? What were you feeling about Jesus before mass came back?

And before you get rude about those questions, you don't have to answer because I am just making a point.

Idolater

sure I read that...and His death sealed it to...so ummm...there are NO CHANGES after the covenant is signed and sealed right? So we must to look at His teaching and lifestyle to show how this New Covenant was written out to be signed and sealed...after which no changes because the death now enforces it...right? Heb 10:17

right... the administration the ministry the application the enforcement of the IMMUTABLE law has been transferred...new signers same Law...

not so fast...Peter kept kosher and Acts 15 is specific NO strangled meat and NO blood...both in the OT and for foreigners...see? still binding...

Now let me ask you do you suppose if I do NOT strangle a swine and make sure its blood is drained that swine becomes magically clean for me to eat?

again...the instruction was to pray that the Sabbath would be kept in times of trouble even after His return to heaven...long after...He expected both winter times and Sabbath times to continue....

is why Heb 4:9 a Sabbatismos or in English a Sabbath keeping remains for His people...now don’t they have a greek word for sunday? Cuz they kinda stole one for Saturday from Hebrew...prolly for a reason...

you are His people yes? Paul kept sabbath and said return next Sabbath for more...NOT come back tomorrow when we celebrate the resurrection...James concluded the jerusalem council that crowding goyim would continue to do so to hear moses preached...EVERY SABBATH...

Paul claims we are to be circumcised...just another body part...

yes the differences occurred to poor Peter’s church... but LONG after he was dead and the others too from the first century church...

some changes to tradition still occur like V2 and traditionalists are adamant protesters to them...understandable...as some have been protesting changes much much longer...
You don't understand what you're doing. This is an argument that you are a bishop, and that Catholics should turn away from our authentic bishops, and thus Catholicism, and to listen to you instead.

I don't buy it. And the reason I don't buy it is because the argument that my actual bishop is my real bishop, and not you or anyone else, is too strong. The evidence that the office that my bishop currently holds, is the same office that was created by the Apostles, and is recorded in the Bible, is too strong. The Church never just suddenly called someone a bishop, it always involved the imposition of hands, and the first bishops, people like James who wrote the eponymous epistle, and Titus and Timothy, were consecrated by the hands of the actual Apostles. We then read that these first generation bishops, all made by the Apostles themselves, by their hands, were instructed to continue this sacrament of Holy Orders, to choose men to hold the office of bishop. This process has never ceased ever since the Apostolic era. My bishop was consecrated in the same manner as the Church's second generation bishops were, by the imposition of the hands of current bishops.

Like James and Timothy and Titus, what we now call diocesan bishops are the bishops overseeing a region, city, or area of a country. As the Church grew, bishops were needed more and more, because the Church in different cities and regions needed their own bishops. My own diocese of Boston wasn't even created until after Catholics traveled to the New World, it's very new, quite unlike the ancient dioceses of Jerusalem, Antioch, and Rome, all instituted during the Apostolic era. But the office of a bishop (cf. 1 Timothy 3:1) is near two thousand years old, and the exact same procedure for appointing men to that office exists today as it did when the Apostles first created it in the first century AD.

You have to argue that this office is nullified today, before you can begin to argue that Catholics ought to listen to you instead. Do you have an argument for why Catholics should believe that the office of bishop is nullified, and that therefore the officers who are called bishops, are invalid?

Idolater

What were you feeling before that? What were you feeling about Jesus before mass came back?

And before you get rude about those questions, you don't have to answer because I am just making a point.
I wasn't as happy when I couldn't go to Mass, because of the pandemic /pestilence /plague. I'm very happy now that I can, and that I have. What was your point? My feeling about Jesus was that I missed Him in the Eucharist, and I'm very happy that I can fully commune with Him again, as it was in the beginning (Acts 2:42).

God's Truth

I wasn't as happy when I couldn't go to Mass, because of the pandemic /pestilence /plague. I'm very happy now that I can, and that I have. What was your point? My feeling about Jesus was that I missed Him in the Eucharist, and I'm very happy that I can fully commune with Him again, as it was in the beginning (Acts 2:42).

Jesus lives in the heart of the saved and we don't have to go to any building to be near him.