• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

The "miracle" of evolution is a myth - part 1

Arthur Brain

No, you have not. Please do so now so that we can evaluate.
You've had it shown all over by Alate, Barb along with others so don't play coy. You were never going to acknowledge any of it because presently at least, you have an unshakable belief in a young earth.

Arthur Brain

Evolution is not a big deal one way or the other. But how could it happen without God?

How could the eye evolve purely by a natural process and without a guiding hand?
Quite right. It's only a big deal for those who are stuck in young earth creationism. I'm not arguing that God isn't involved in the process just to clarify.

Right Divider

Body part
You've had it shown all over by Alate, Barb along with others so don't play coy. You were never going to acknowledge any of it because presently at least, you have an unshakable belief in a young earth.
I schooled you already on radiometric dating. Why can't you ever learn anything?

You are full of HOT AIR.

Put the EVIDENCE forward you huffing windbag.

Arthur Brain

Indeed I did. Radiometric dating is based on SEVERAL UNVERIFABLE ASSUMPTIONS.
That you still do not understand how it works and defend it as though it was an absolute scientific method is your own personal problem (among many things in science that you do not understand).
No, you didn't. You parroted on a lot in self congratulatory fashion and dismissed the contrary as you're continually prone to do. You were even linked to an in depth article on the subject and carried on doing the same. You really aren't in any position whatsoever to accuse other people of having problems with science either but you carry if you want. Can be dismissed easily enough.

Right Divider

Body part
No, you didn't. You parroted on a lot in self congratulatory fashion and dismissed the contrary as you're continually prone to do.
Again, I explained it in SIMPLE and yet COMPLETE DETAIL.

That you cannot see it is due to your commitment to old earth propaganda.
You were even linked to an in depth article on the subject and carried on doing the same.
That's always a great diversionary tactic to an actual discuss of the FACTS.
You really aren't in any position whatsoever to accuse other people of having problems with science either but you carry if you want. Can be dismissed easily enough.
Discuss FACTS instead of rhetoric.

Radiometric dating (of the "millions/billions of years" sort) is based on the BIG BANG cosmological models which has MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY problems. It is HIGHLY SPECULATIVE (making it equivalent to conjecture).

https://kgov.com/evidence-against-the-big-bang

The M/B years is based on HUGE ASSUMPTIONS about the ORIGINS of the various radioactive elements.

That you know NOTHING about these things makes your incapable of discussing them.

Please education yourself so that you don't look so bad trying to "discuss" the issues.

Arthur Brain

Again, I explained it in SIMPLE and yet COMPLETE DETAIL.

That you cannot see it is due to your commitment to old earth propaganda.

That's always a great diversionary tactic to an actual discuss of the FACTS.

Discuss FACTS instead of rhetoric.

Radiometric dating (of the "millions/billions of years" sort) is based on the BIG BANG cosmological models which has MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY problems. It is HIGHLY SPECULATIVE (making it equivalent to conjecture).

https://kgov.com/evidence-against-the-big-bang

The M/B years is based on HUGE ASSUMPTIONS about the ORIGINS of the various radioactive elements.

That you know NOTHING about these things makes your incapable of discussing them.

Please education yourself so that you don't look so bad trying to "discuss" the issues.
Uh huh. So you accuse me of a diversionary tactic by simply pointing out that you've been linked to an in depth article that debunked your supposedly 'completely detailed' explanation and then link to a Bob Enyart article?!

That's hysterical right there. I recommend that you take your own advice.

Arthur Brain

The "likes of Dawkins" is a HUGE number of people.

No, but you have a problem communicating accurately.
There was no problem whatsoever with the phraseology and you dropped the ball when you accused me of stating that Dawkins was the only one when he clearly isn't as you now acknowledge. To say it's a 'huge' number of people is just hyperbole.

You do understand what hyperbole means, right?

Right Divider

Body part
Uh huh. So you accuse me of a diversionary tactic by simply pointing out that you've been linked to an in depth article that debunked your supposedly 'completely detailed' explanation and then link to a Bob Enyart article?!

That's hysterical right there. I recommend that you take your own advice.
Please take the time to learn how radiometric dating works, so that we can discuss it.

It is based on many unverifiable assumptions (like most of GTY ToE).

Arthur Brain

Please take the time to learn how radiometric dating works, so that we can discuss it.

It is based on many unverifiable assumptions (like most of GTY ToE).
I've read how radiometric dating works thanks, I've certainly no interest in reading something that Bob Enyart cobbled together.

To say that the ToE is based on such is just completely ignorant also.

Right Divider

Body part
I've read how radiometric dating works thanks,
No, apparently you don't.
I've certainly no interest in reading something that Bob Enyart cobbled together.
Bob did not "cobble" anything together.

You just like to ignore the FACTS that he has gathered. Many of them from secular sources that you would otherwise accept.
To say that the ToE is based on such is just completely ignorant also.
The GTY ToE is based on baloney and wishful thinking.

Arthur Brain

No, apparently you don't.

Bob did not "cobble" anything together.

You just like to ignore the FACTS that he has gathered. Many of them from secular sources that you would otherwise accept.

The GTY ToE is based on baloney and wishful thinking.
No, it's based on evidence like anything else that becomes a theory in science. If you can't understand that basic detail then you're in no position to talk about 'facts'.