The Most Dangerous Religion On Earth

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
You and your fellow Libertarians take for granted what that flag stands for Dan. I can't imagine a country that would be run by the likes of you, as there never has been one (anarchy leads to chaos, chaos leads to totalitarianism).

Educate yourself:

I am the Flag

by Ruth Apperson Rous
I am the flag of the United States of America.

I was born on June 14, 1777, in Philadelphia.

There the Continental Congress adopted my stars and stripes as the national flag.

My thirteen stripes alternating red and white, with a union of thirteen white stars in a field of blue, represented a new constellation, a new nation dedicated to the personal and religious liberty of mankind.

Today fifty stars signal from my union, one for each of the fifty sovereign states in the greatest constitutional republic the world has ever known.

My colors symbolize the patriotic ideals and spiritual qualities of the citizens of my country.

My red stripes proclaim the fearless courage and integrity of American men and boys and the self-sacrifice and devotion of American mothers and daughters.

My white stripes stand for liberty and equality for all.

My blue is the blue of heaven, loyalty, and faith.

I represent these eternal principles: liberty, justice, and humanity.

I embody American freedom: freedom of speech, religion, assembly, the press, and the sanctity of the home.

I typify that indomitable spirit of determination brought to my land by Christopher Columbus and by all my forefathers - the Pilgrims, Puritans, settlers at James town and Plymouth.

I am as old as my nation.

I am a living symbol of my nation's law: the Constitution of the United States and the Bill of Rights.

I voice Abraham Lincoln's philosophy: "A government of the people, by the people,for the people."

I stand guard over my nation's schools, the seedbed of good citizenship and true patriotism.

I am displayed in every schoolroom throughout my nation; every schoolyard has a flag pole for my display.

Daily thousands upon thousands of boys and girls pledge their allegiance to me and my country.

I have my own law—Public Law 829, "The Flag Code" - which definitely states my correct use and display for all occasions and situations.

I have my special day, Flag Day. June 14 is set aside to honor my birth.

Americans, I am the sacred emblem of your country. I symbolize your birthright, your heritage of liberty purchased with blood and sorrow.

I am your title deed of freedom, which is yours to enjoy and hold in trust for posterity.

If you fail to keep this sacred trust inviolate, if I am nullified and destroyed, you and your children will become slaves to dictators and despots.

Eternal vigilance is your price of freedom.

As you see me silhouetted against the peaceful skies of my country, remind yourself that I am the flag of your country, that I stand for what you are - no more, no less.

Guard me well, lest your freedom perish from the earth.

Dedicate your lives to those principles for which I stand: "One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

I was created in freedom. I made my first appearance in a battle for human liberty.
God grant that I may spend eternity in my "land of the free and the home of the brave" and that I shall ever be known as "Old Glory," the flag of the United States of America.
http://www.usflag.org/iamtheflag.html

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
"Living symbol"? it is a piece of cloth, it is not alive. It is a symbol, yes, but not one I ever saw took a breath.

Daniel1769

"Living symbol"? it is a piece of cloth, it is not alive. It is a symbol, yes, but not one I ever saw took a breath.

I would hope this thread doesn't degenerate into arguing about a piece of fabric. The commentary of Larken Rose in this video raised numerous valid points that will no doubt be cast aside if people get their feelz hurt over their piece of cloth.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I would hope this thread doesn't degenerate into arguing about a piece of fabric. The commentary of Larken Rose in this video raised numerous valid points that will no doubt be cast aside if people get their feelz hurt over their piece of cloth.

Amongst other things that "piece of cloth" allows you to openly worship God. If you want to make a case against giving praise to a symbol of freedom, then do so, but don't rely on some self described anarchist named Larken Rose to do it for you.

http://tpgurus.wikidot.com/larken-rose

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I agree with the notion that political agendas do resemble in some ways religion and religious behavior. Any political agenda or philosophy that does not hold the value of individual human life and our corresponding right to it as sacred, is not doing a very good job IMO.

Daniel1769

Amongst other things that "piece of cloth" allows you to openly worship God. If you want to make a case against giving praise to a symbol of freedom, then do so, but don't rely on some self described anarchist named Larken Rose to do it for you.

http://tpgurus.wikidot.com/larken-rose

Really? The piece of cloth allows me to do things? I didn't know it was alive and had god-like capabilities. The flag is an inanimate object. It does nothing but hangs on a flag pole or a wall or a scantily clad woman that uses it as a bikini, or wiped the mouths of Fourth of July BBQ-ers that use it in napkin form or as a table cloth. My rights actually come from God, not from people, paper or pieces of fabric. If you think a flag is providing things for you, you've turned it into an idol. "The flag eateth and drinketh."

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Really? The piece of cloth allows me to do things? I didn't know it was alive and had god-like capabilities. The flag is an inanimate object. It does nothing but hangs on a flag pole or a wall or a scantily clad woman that uses it as a bikini, or wiped the mouths of Fourth of July BBQ-ers that use it in napkin form or as a table cloth. My rights actually come from God, not from people, paper or pieces of fabric. If you think a flag is providing things for you, you've turned it into an idol. "The flag eateth and drinketh."

Might I suggest you try to openly worship Jesus Christ in the country that flies this flag:

iran_flag.png

Iran

Or this one:
Democratic-People'S-Republic-of-Korea-flag.jpg

North Korea

Get back to me from the prison that you'd be in (if they don't execute you first) on how those "rights" you talked about went over with Islamic theocrats and communist dictators.

https://www.opendoorsusa.org/christian-persecution/world-watch-list/

You and the scantily clad woman who take the stars and stripes for granted really do need a history lesson about what that flag represents and the great sacrifices that have been made by brave men and women throughout our country's history.

Daniel1769

Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Might I suggest you try to worship Jesus Christ in the country that flies this flag:

iran_flag.png

Iran

Or this one:
Democratic-People'S-Republic-of-Korea-flag.jpg

North Korea

Get back to me from the prison that you'd be in (if they don't execute you first) on how those "rights" you talked about went over with Islamic theocrats and communist dictators.

You, the scantily clad woman and 4th of July BBQ'ers who take the stars and stripes for granted really do need a history lesson about what that flag represents and the great sacrifices that have been made by brave men and women throughout our country's history.

You could also go to North Korea, where flag worship is mandatory and see how you like it there. But since you've done nothing but make an emotional plea, my point stands. A piece of cloth doesn't provide anything to anyone. Your argument is based on emotion because you don't have any logic to support it.