The new covenant

Gary K

Banned
All Sunday keeping Christians I have ever talked to use the new covenant as a way out of keeping the seventh day Sabbath.

I'd like to look at the new covenant from a different perspective.

Jeremiah 31: 31 ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

So what is the result of having God's law written in our hearts? That everyone who participates in the NC knows God, HHow is it that they know Him? By having His law written in their hearts,

This is an exact parallel to what Jesus said.

John 17: 3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Thus have a personal relation ship with God means Jesus won't be telling us in the judgment I never knew you depart from me you who work iniquity.

Matthew 7: 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

So salvation is based simply knowing God and having an abiding relationship with Him. Nothing more and nothing less,

Right Divider

Body part
All Sunday keeping Christians I have ever talked to use the new covenant as a way out of keeping the seventh day Sabbath.
The seventh day sabbath what given ONLY to the nation of Israel.

Exod 31:12-17 (AKJV/PCE)​
(31:12) ¶ And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, (31:13) Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it [is] a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that [ye] may know that I [am] the LORD that doth sanctify you. (31:14) Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it [is] holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth [any] work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. (31:15) Six days may work be done; but in the seventh [is] the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth [any] work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. (31:16) Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, [for] a perpetual covenant. (31:17) It [is] a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.​

You are an Israelite wannabe.

Jeremiah 31: 31 ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

So what is the result of having God's law written in our hearts? That everyone who participates in the NC knows God, HHow is it that they know Him? By having His law written in their hearts,
The new covenant is between the same two parties as the old covenant: God and Israel.

John 17: 3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Thus have a personal relation ship with God means Jesus won't be telling us in the judgment I never knew you depart from me you who work iniquity.

Matthew 7: 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

So salvation is based simply knowing God and having an abiding relationship with Him. Nothing more and nothing less,
Jesus came to earth to minister to the circumcision (i.e., ISRAEL).

Rom 15:8 (AKJV/PCE)​
(15:8) Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises [made] unto the fathers:​
You should get with God's program for today... the body of Christ and stop trying to be a pretend Israelite.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

I'll let Paul's words speak for themselves:

One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written:“As I live, says the Lord,Every knee shall bow to Me,And every tongue shall confess to God.” So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

How is this not proof to you that you are not a part of this covenant?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I completely reject dispensationalism in all its forms.

No one cares. Make an argument.

Because at this point, you are literally rejecting scripture in favor of your personal beef.

You need to humble yourself and ask God to forgive you, before it's too late.

Gary K

Banned
No one cares. Make an argument.

Because at this point, you are literally rejecting scripture in favor of your personal beef.

You need to humble yourself and ask God to forgive you, before it's too late.
So your way of read scripture is the only way to read it? Sorry,I can't buy into that, And supply scripture to you is just to being out more accusations of lying, I gave you scripture and all you did was reject it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So your way of read scripture is the only way to read it?

Literally not what I said at all!

The scripture you quoted from Jeremiah 31 literally says, quite plainly, no interpretation needed, that the Lord "will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah."

You don't get to just ignore that.

Are you claiming to be of the house of Israel and/or the house of Judah?

If not, then that new covenant was not made with you.

Sorry,I can't buy into that, And supply scripture to you is just to being out more accusations of lying, I gave you scripture and all you did was reject it.

Bearing false witness is a sin, Gary. Don't do that.

The scripture you gave supports our position, and does not support yours.

How is that "rejecting scripture"?

Right Divider

Body part
So your way of read scripture is the only way to read it? Sorry,I can't buy into that, And supply scripture to you is just to being out more accusations of lying, I gave you scripture and all you did was reject it.
Instead of always having an emotional outburst, how about you use reason and logic to make for a sensible discussion?

I made a very reasonable and argued post and you completely ignored it: https://theologyonline.com/threads/the-new-covenant.60379/post-1902708

If you expect to come to a discussion forum and simply express your opinions and get a pat on the back, you're in the wrong place.

P.S. We don't reject your scripture, we reject your illogical and erroneous interpretation of it.

Gary K

Banned
Instead of always having an emotional outburst, how about you use reason and logic to make for a sensible discussion?

I made a very reasonable and argued post and you completely ignored it: https://theologyonline.com/threads/the-new-covenant.60379/post-1902708

If you expect to come to a discussion forum and simply express your opinions and get a pat on the back, you're in the wrong place.

P.S. We don't reject your scripture, we reject your illogical and erroneous interpretation of it.
Like I said, you believe the way you read scripture is the only way to read it. I completely reject the way you read scripture.

Right Divider

Body part
Like I said, you believe the way you read scripture is the only way to read it.
So now you're a minder reader? You're a completely fraud GK. You are a liar with a confused mind.
I completely reject the way you read scripture.
So what? We know for a fact that you are in error. You cannot even discuss what scripture means.

You need to get saved GK. You are headed for the lake of fire because you do not even know what the gospel that can save you is.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Like I said,

Argumentum ad nauseum.

/you believe the way you read scripture is the only way to read it.

Obviously not true, Gary. Of course scripture can be read many ways.

But there is only one correct way, and that's through right division, something you refuse to even attempt to do, because you can't stomach the idea that your precious belief system that you've held to for so many years just might be wrong.

I completely reject the way you read scripture.

Argumentum ad nauseum.

Make an argument, Gary, instead of just repeating yourself.