The new gay bathhouses

rfburnhertz

Repent Leo, repent
Found the following article at:
http://www.rainbownetwork.com/content/News.asp?newsid=3498

New research in the United States has revealed that an increasing number of gay men are engaging in high risk sexual activities with the people they meet in internet chat rooms. It is feared that this could lead to an increase in HIV and Aids amongst the gay community.

The studies, which were presented to the 2003 National HIV Prevention Conference in Atlanta, claim that online chatrooms are replacing gay bathhouses and sex clubs as the most popular meeting point to arrange high-risk sex.

In the US, new HIV diagnoses among gay and bisexual men have risen by over 17% since 1999.

Dr Ron Valdiserri from the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention said: “It`s clear we need to reach gay and bisexual men with appropriate messages, not only in traditional high-risk settings, but also online.”

In a survey by the California Department of Health Services, 23% of gay and bisexual men infected with syphilis admitted meeting sexual partners on the Internet, compared to 21% who had done so in bath houses.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
New research in the United States has revealed that an increasing number of gay men are engaging in high risk sexual activities...

I wonder sometimes why it is acceptable to put anti smoking ads on TV on the radio in flyers in magazines..., but tell one homo he will die from his "sexual activities" and you become a bigot...:sigh:

Sozo

Originally posted by Nineveh
...tell one homo he will die from his "sexual activities" and you become a bigot...:sigh:

I think we should keep it as quiet as possible. Why warn them?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
rf;
It is feared that this could lead to an increase in HIV and Aids amongst the gay community.

Billy;
That's one way to get rid of 'em!

zenya

Originally posted by Nineveh
I wonder sometimes why it is acceptable to put anti smoking ads on TV on the radio in flyers in magazines..., but tell one homo he will die from his "sexual activities" and you become a bigot...:sigh:

In the end times, good will be called evil and evil will be called good:doh:

Zenya

Granite

Hall of Fame
For (presumably) straight people, why are we so obsessed with what queers are up to and where they go to do it?

granite

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
ignorance and bigotry.....

ignorance and bigotry.....

Originally posted by BillyBob
rf;
It is feared that this could lead to an increase in HIV and Aids amongst the gay community.

Billy;
That's one way to get rid of 'em!

)============ It is attitudes like this that lack understanding, compassion and Christ-like ethic that actually do nothing to help the problem but only increase bigotry and the persecution of certain groups and sub-cultures in our communities.

Surely Jesus would never agree with the attitude above.....even in jest! (which is what you may have done). God/Christ loves souls(people) no matter what their orientation, gender, nationality, religion, culture is. I think some need to wake up to that fact and put away their 'christian' labels as they are doing much damage and disgrace in the name of Christ....while doing little to actually express His Spirit to those in this particular lifestyle/ community. It is easy for so called 'christians' to single out what they think are 'queer' or 'strange' sub-cultures and demonize and degrade them.....pointing fingers....while they fail to see their own sins, shortcomings, iniquities, hypocrisies...and especially their false representations of Christ...by their unloving and intolerant treatments of human beings.

paul

zenya

Originally posted by granite1010
For (presumably) straight people, why are we so obsessed with what queers are up to and where they go to do it?

granite

Speak for your self there pal:rolleyes:

Zenya

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Freelight;
It is attitudes like this that lack understanding, compassion and Christ-like ethic that actually do nothing to help the problem but only increase bigotry and the persecution of certain groups and sub-cultures in our communities.

Billy;
Hey, it's not like I created AIDS. I just simply said that it was one way to get rid of homos. It seems to be the primary function of the AIDS virus.

[I mean, it's not likeI ever suggested filling the swimming pool with gasoline and tossing in a match while they are all splashing around....or did I?]

Flipper

Hey, it's not like I created AIDS. I just simply said that it was one way to get rid of homos. It seems to be the primary function of the AIDS virus.

Except that world wide, the infection rate is much higher in the heterosexual population. You may as well argue it was created to control 3rd world population (and I wouldn't be entirely surprised if you did).

By no means should you let tiresome facts get in the way of a good prejudice.

I'm sure the AIDS viruses will end up following the pattern of most of the nasty STDs, eventually evolving to become persistent but non-lethal, much like it is in the simian population. Being lethal to a host is not really in the viruses' best interest.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Flipper;
Except that world wide, the infection rate is much higher in the heterosexual population. You may as well argue it was created to control 3rd world population (and I wouldn't be entirely surprised if you did).

Billy;
Good point!!! OK, AIDS is good for eliminating homos and stupid people!!! Good call, Flipper!!

Dorsalboy;
By no means should you let tiresome facts get in the way of a good prejudice.

Billy;
Heck no, where's the fun in that?

Caughtinatunanet;
I'm sure the AIDS viruses will end up following the pattern of most of the nasty STDs, eventually evolving to become persistent but non-lethal, much like it is in the simian population. Being lethal to a host is not really in the viruses' best interest.

Billy;
No, but it sure is an effective way of 'culling the herd'!!!!!!

Flipper

You're trying too hard, BillyBob.

It's startling how unshocking you are. The harder you struggle at it, the less controversial you get.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Let's not forget to include IV drug users. These people are living an evil existence and would not be suffereing from AIDS if they had not been using drugs.

The sad thing is when people who have not indulged in such 'activities' contract AIDS from a simple blood transfusion.

I heard on the news last week that a couple of guys got caught trying to sell their blood knowing that they have AIDS. They are going to be prosecuted, of course.

These people are sick, evil, vile, disgusting vermin and death will not come to them soon enough.

Flipper

Whew! That certainly was some shocking stuff and no mistake!

I declare you the Bill Maher of Theology Online...

rfburnhertz

Repent Leo, repent
Originally posted by Flipper
Except that world wide, the infection rate is much higher in the heterosexual population.

Percentage wise the rate is much, much higher among homosexuals.

I heard an article being read on a radio talk show today (do not know what paper he was reading from) which stated that while the rate among hetros has been on the decline over the past five years; it has been on increasing among homos over the past three years.

The article also stated that many homos are actually seeking to become HIV positive as it seemingly makes them more acceptable in the "gay community". If true, that's pretty damn crazy.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Flipper;

Whew! That certainly was some shocking stuff and no mistake!

I declare you the Bill Maher of Theology Online...

Billy;
No, Bill maher is a commie like you. I am a conservative.

Silly neocom!