The New Jerusalem

fzappa13

Isaiah 62:1-2
1. For the sake of Zion will I not hold my peace, and for sake of Yerushalaim I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burns.
2. And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of YHWH shall name.

Ah, to be clothed from on High . . . (New-Renewed Covenant)

2 Corinthians 5:1-4
1. For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle-tent were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
3. If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
4. For we that are in this tabernacle-tent do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

:sheep:

Interesting graphic. Kinda reminds me of the efforts of Larkin. Who produced it?

daqq

Interesting graphic. Kinda reminds me of the efforts of Larkin. Who produced it?

I produced it, with the exception of the garments of the Priest, (but the New Yerushalaim Breastplate of the Stones of Fire upon the Ephod is also my doing and also my current avatar). :)

MarcATL

21 is the key ... you won't see the new Jerusalem until after the millennial reign. Don't cherry pick scripture old friend, read it all.

Chapter 20 discusses the millennial reign and the judgement that comes after. 21 discusses what comes after that ... I suspect that is why 21 comes after 20. The Millennial Jerusalem is raised up from the earth (Zec 14). The post millennial Jerusalem comes down to earth from heaven (Rev 21).
Brother Zappa, I get your point however, I must remind you that the book of Revelation is not in chronological order.

You happen to be correct in this instance, but the book in its entirety is not in chronological order.

lukecash12

he's a doomsday prepper. you're a dispensationalist too, you're living in one now and only the good dispys are here - :chuckle:

I can relate some with futurists, but dispensationalists in particular have such a wonky idea of how to interpret the Word, and the consequences of that have been demonstrated by all of these Harold Camping types we've had since the 19th century.

What's more, I'm amazed at how common this has become, to the point that when I'm in a Baptist church every other sentence is "should the Lord tarry", as if we've all forgotten historically orthodox eschatology. Of course, the important part of eschatology is appreciating the promise, and keeping our lamps lit, understanding the instructions we have for right now. Still, it's funny to me when people look at me like I'm crazy for being an amillenial and partial preterist.

fzappa13

Brother Zappa, I get your point however, I must remind you that the book of Revelation is not in chronological order.

You happen to be correct in this instance, but the book in its entirety is not in chronological order.

Point taken.

OCTOBER23

Revelation 21:2

2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If the New Jerusalem is Adorned as a Bride for her husband

Then God MUST HAVE PREPARED AND MUST CONTAIN THE BRIDE INSIDE

WAITING FOR HER HUSBAND TO ENTER....:thumb:
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Revelation 12:6 And the woman FLEW IN TO THE UNOCCUPIED PLACE

where she hath A PLACE PREPARED BY GOD,

that they NURTURE her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I can relate some with futurists, but dispensationalists in particular have such a wonky idea of how to interpret the Word, and the consequences of that have been demonstrated by all of these Harold Camping types we've had since the 19th century.

What's more, I'm amazed at how common this has become, to the point that when I'm in a Baptist church every other sentence is "should the Lord tarry", as if we've all forgotten historically orthodox eschatology. Of course, the important part of eschatology is appreciating the promise, and keeping our lamps lit, understanding the instructions we have for right now. Still, it's funny to me when people look at me like I'm crazy for being an amillenial and partial preterist.

that's ok, i'm new. anyway, when i saw some of your posts and you asking Calvanist questions i meant to tell you about AMR a member here that would have discussions with you. he bought you a gift !! congratulations and God Bless that !!

fzappa13

Revelation 21:2

2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If the New Jerusalem is Adorned as a Bride for her husband

Then God MUST HAVE PREPARED AND MUST CONTAIN THE BRIDE INSIDE

WAITING FOR HER HUSBAND TO ENTER....:thumb:
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Revelation 12:6 And the woman FLEW IN TO THE UNOCCUPIED PLACE

where she hath A PLACE PREPARED BY GOD,

that they NURTURE her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Rev 12:6 refers to Israel's second wilderness experience ... a subject almost totally unaddressed by either Christianity or Judaism.

A sampler:

Eze20:33-38
Mic 4
Hos 2:14-16 (note the meanings of "Ishi" and "Baali")
Isa16: 1-5

And if you are into the prophetic nature of the Levitical ordinances there is Lev 16:7-10

BTW the word is "wilderness" not "unoccupied place". I would suggest a study of the term wilderness across the Bible wouldn't be without fruit.

RBBI

I produced it, with the exception of the garments of the Priest, (but the New Yerushalaim Breastplate of the Stones of Fire upon the Ephod is also my doing and also my current avatar). :)

Beautiful....you know the stones were in rows, though, right? Artistic license? ;)

daqq

Beautiful....you know the stones were in rows, though, right? Artistic license? ;)

When you begin to prove every statement that you make you will never stop learning. How do you know the difference between a row and a column in a writing so ancient? How do you know the same word is not used for both in certain situations? The precious stones are stones of fire because they are worn by the priest upon the heart, (Ezekiel 28:13-14 is a metaphorical reference to the same because the enemy also treads the fiery stones upon the heart until he is cast out). Likewise the heart is an altar of adamah because man is taken from the dust of the adamah in the beginning. The idea of the heart being an altar is revealed in various places from Torah such as in Exodus 20:24, ("You shall make unto Me an altar of adamah") and its companion passage which is Deuteronomy 5:29, ("O that there were such an heart in them!"). Make therefore an altar of adamah and perhaps you will see, (or be shown) how the twelve precious stones are to be arranged. The stones are set in the adamah-soil which is the base for the altar of all your sacrifices unto Elohim, (this is typology and still fully applicable to this day). Joshua built the type when the children of Israel crossed the Jordan into the Land, (those stones were likewise precious in the typology because they were taken from the dried up river bed of the Jordan and cannot be found elsewhere). In my diagram you see two rows and two columns, making a square, but I just as easily see four rows only not arranged in the way most would expect them to be arranged. :)