ECT The new rules for the Exclusively Christian forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freak

Originally posted by Knight

The answer is no.

We are not going to promote any world views that lead to eternal damnation.

Jesus is.... the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Him.

We do not obscure the truth at TruthSmack.com or theologyonline.com.
:thumb: :thumb:

OMEGA

EXCLUSIVELY ATHEIST FORUM

EXCLUSIVELY ATHEIST FORUM

I think that Zakath should have his own Forum .

The EXCLUSIVELY Atheist Forum .

Of course, he may be the only one posting there.

:think:

Infamous Plug

That you Knight
This should be a step forward. Allthough I'm very new and don't know much about the forums and where they stand . But it should have one spot where people do not disagree about the relevance of the Bible, there are lots who don't argue about the basics, Such as God is a Man , i mean most people who are studing Christians all ready know these things and move over to other more difficult topics, for debate or discussion, which both provoke learning.

temple2006

Knight...I am really that you have abandones exclusivity.....It really is not a good learning form if only one side is able to be present.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by temple 2000

It really is not a good learning form if only one side is able to be present.
Uh... There were plenty of other forums where non-Christians were welcome, like General Theology. And there are certainly "different sides" within the ranks of Christians. But it just got to be a pain trying to keep the cultists and such out of the forum when they insist that they are in fact Christians.

temple2006

Philosoph....Shut up. I have seen spelling and grammer errors on your part. :p

Turbo..Why is it that non-orthodox are not welcome. Except for the above remark I am always polite.

Last edited:

Thia

I think this is a wonderful idea. But, since so many of us have different 'opinions' on things, why would TOL want to exclude those who don't think along their own lines? I mean, where is the debate then?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Thia said:
I think this is a wonderful idea. But, since so many of us have different 'opinions' on things, why would TOL want to exclude those who don't think along their own lines? I mean, where is the debate then?
Uh... every single other forum on TOL are for all walks of life. Can't one have a Christian focus?

Check out all the different forums to choose from....
www.theologyonline.com/forums

Thia

Knight said:
Uh... every single other forum on TOL are for all walks of life. Can't one have a Christian focus?

Check out all the different forums to choose from....
www.theologyonline.com/forums

Gee, thanks Knight for that clarification. What I meant was, if everyone agrees with everyone else on this thread, it won't be a debate, it will be a discussion. But how long will it last if everyone agrees with one another?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thia said:
But how long will it last if everyone agrees with one another?
I wouldn't let that one keep you up at night. Just look around. Christians debate each other all over this board. And sometimes, we don't want input from atheists and other assorted scoffers. That's what this forum is for.

servantofChrist

Hey Everybody, I have a few comments and then a question...

It was said above that this forum is for anyone to post on "who considers themselves to be Christian."

Lots and Lots of people consider themselves to be "Christian," yet many of them are diametrically opposed to each other on the same Bible doctrines/subjects (eg., homosexuality, women leaders, elders, pastors, etc.).

So my question is this:

Did the LORD leave the term "Christian" to be defined subjectively by each individual, according to what he/she thinks it means? Or, is there a God-Inspired definition of what a "Christian" is given in the Sacred Writings so everyone can conform themselves to it and thus be UNITED - NOT DIVIDED - about it?

servantofChrist

I would like to ask some similar questions again, except this time... just substitute the word "love" for the word "Christian"...

If we ask the question, "Do I love God?", does the answer to that lie within human opinion or Divine Authority?
WHO defines what "love" is between God and man / man and God?

louhardt

"inspired word of God"

"inspired word of God"

I just want to verify that, in this forum and all posts in this forum, are you stating that the inspired Word of God is inerrant in its original state? I see a lot of posts and other places where the Word of God is described as inspired but they omit the further belief in the inerrancy of the Word.

And if you do believe it is inerrant, what is a good way to tell if a person means that if they do not say it?

Thanks

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The new standard for the "Exclusively Christian Theology" is to allow anyone to post here who considers themselves to be Christian and considers the Bible to be inspired by God.

Yes that creates a much bigger tent, but that's a good thing for healthy debate!

So... if you consider yourself a Christian and you consider the Bible to be the inspired word of God then you are welcome to post in the "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum.
I know I am judged "a left wing nut" on TOL, but I've always felt that epithet says more about the people who devised it than it says about me. And I also consider myself a Christian and the Bible to be God's inspired word. I guess we can argue all day about what is "Christian" and what "inspired word of God" means and how they play out in different times and cultural circumstances.

Traditional religion seems to be in a period of re-entrenchment, judging by recent world events. Given that, here are some questions I wrestle with:

Can a Christian be faithful to our own human experience as believers without idolizing or taking on the command systems of society--as well as the churches?

What insights can a Christian develop from our shared religious past?

Does the 300-year-old study of the non-theological Jesus help in this? Does historical context matter here--especially since the faith seems built on historical events and the meaning derived from those events?

Chileice

aikido7 said:
I know I am judged "a left wing nut" on TOL, but I've always felt that epithet says more about the people who devised it than it says about me. And I also consider myself a Christian and the Bible to be God's inspired word. I guess we can argue all day about what is "Christian" and what "inspired word of God" means and how they play out in different times and cultural circumstances.

Traditional religion seems to be in a period of re-entrenchment, judging by recent world events. Given that, here are some questions I wrestle with:

Can a Christian be faithful to our own human experience as believers without idolizing or taking on the command systems of society--as well as the churches?

What insights can a Christian develop from our shared religious past?

Does the 300-year-old study of the non-theological Jesus help in this? Does historical context matter here--especially since the faith seems built on historical events and the meaning derived from those events?

I find your questions quite interesting, but I wonder if this particular thread is the place to discuss them. I'm afraid people will look at the title and think... that's that old thread about changes to the thread and not realize there is a real discussion going on. Could you start a new thread to discuss these matters? Just a suggestion.

phil121

Wandering threads

Wandering threads

Knight,

Having just found theologyonline (actually come back to after a long absence), I think these rules are most fine, but let me point out a problem I have just encountered with the following rule.

Said in short...
This particular forum will be dedicated to debating biblical issues without debating the legitimacy of the Bible itself.

In discussing a particular topic, the issue of what you mean by inspiration comes up, and in fact it can be the major difference between 2 sides of a Christian doctrine. Therefore, it is necessary to point out that people who says they are Christians and claim to believe in Biblical inspiration can believe very different even opposite things about what those terms mean. Therefore, in house "Christian" debates can and often have to challenge the other person's belief about the Bible.

Therefore, when a thread wanders into that territory, I encourage you to let the post stand. Before I can debate someone about female ordination (where I recently posted), I have to try to understand how that person understands inspiration and truth claims. Otherwise, we simple talk past one another instead of really talking to one another.

Well thanks for listening to my ramblings,

In Christ,

Mike

For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Agape4Robin

servantofChrist said:
I would like to ask some similar questions again, except this time... just substitute the word "love" for the word "Christian"...

If we ask the question, "Do I love God?", does the answer to that lie within human opinion or Divine Authority?
WHO defines what "love" is between God and man / man and God?
1Jo 4:19 We love Him, because He first loved us.

Jhn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.

Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for His great love wherewith He loved us,

2Th 2:16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given [us] everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,

This is the truth about love........
1Jo 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.

Status
Not open for further replies.