ECT The new rules for the Exclusively Christian forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nang
(A Christian who LOVES to discuss sound Christian theology, but who is disliked by all on TOL because of her spiritual interests, as most recently stated by "Door"!)

I like you Nang, so not "all" on TOL dislike you.

I was hoping you could respond to this post HERE

Nang

TOL Subscriber
UM Mystery, er uh, "Door" or whoever the artist formerly known as straight is this week does not speak for all of TOL, heck he don't even speak for anyone but himself with any edification and even that is when he can keep his story straight.

There's an old saying on the Ilse' which may apply here:

Never mind the bullocks. :cheers:

Your not "disliked" by me! in fact your are more loved by me and Him than you may know! ;)

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Thanks, Jeremy,

I am sure of several solid friendships represented here on TOL, else I would not have the guts to defend myself with Mystery/Sozo (aka "Door").

Being liked or disliked is not the point, anyway. It is how an "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum should be handled and moderated.

When Christian and Biblical theology is no longer the focus or purpose for this forum, the forum will (or should) expire.

Door

And you are humble and intelligent?

Beloved by all on TOL?

:eek:

Give me a break. You earn Knight's protections because you entertain and trigger responses (site-activity) . . .period.
I appreciate you proving your stupidity and arrogance in one post.

I do not have "Knight's protection" at all. He just has enough discernment to recognize that your theology is bankrupt, and that I have, on occasion, presented the simplicity of the gospel.

He shows the same respect for you as he would any false teacher.

Thank you I knew I was not the only one that cared. I don't want to start waves I just want to talk about God, His Word (Jesus) and the scriptures (the inspired writings).

I had no idea the God and His word was that boring. I enjoy theology that’s why I am here. If I enjoyed NASCAR I would be on a site for that. Maybe You should hang out at a site that don’t bore you such on your laptop while keeping track of this site on you desktop computer, or the other way around.
Coffee can also perk up the gloomy feelings.

OMEGA

OK , I agree with knight.

And what's with all these bannings ?

There are so much Red Ink here , I think that I am in the Red sea.

touched

double thumbs up to knight

double thumbs up to knight

this is the appropriate venue to find out if you are Christian or corrupted not in the public view. who has already tried making the case we don't even like each other how could we possibly like them. this is more a place to seek truth to share about how it was written and in context . then to claim a Church, right, sect, or particular denomination as exclusively right in their vision views doctrine or theology . if i may i would like to hear what tol uses as a ruler of interpretation do you prefer any version of the bible over another and does knight or any of the others who help him to maintaine this site project any particular doctrine or belief into their rulings . is there a trusted concordance or other basic central book used to help amalgamate all the current versions of the bible into a basic holistic understanding approved by the moderators . there is definitely a need and place for this type of thread to be useful in discerning the truths of the bible for those with limited recourses or understanding :thumb: :idea: :thumb:

LightSon

this is the appropriate venue to find out if you are Christian or corrupted not in the public view. who has already tried making the case we don't even like each other how could we possibly like them. this is more a place to seek truth to share about how it was written and in context . then to claim a Church, right, sect, or particular denomination as exclusively right in their vision views doctrine or theology . if i may i would like to hear what tol uses as a ruler of interpretation do you prefer any version of the bible over another and does knight or any of the others who help him to maintaine this site project any particular doctrine or belief into their rulings . is there a trusted concordance or other basic central book used to help amalgamate all the current versions of the bible into a basic holistic understanding approved by the moderators . there is definitely a need and place for this type of thread to be useful in discerning the truths of the bible for those with limited recourses or understanding :thumb: :idea: :thumb:
absolutely! TOL has been ordained to be today's OV pillar and ground of the truth. the secret is out.

CALVARY\CALVIN

I realize this is not going to make everyone happy but I have discussed this issue with the other TOL owners and here is the decision we have made regarding the "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum.

Originally when we decided to create this forum we wanted a place to discuss AND debate Christian theology without unbelievers distracting the debate with mindless comments like... "so... how did all the animals fit on the ark?" or... "the Bible has been translated so many times.... bla bla bla".
:dunce:

The "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum was never intended to be a place where there would be no debate..... and excluding those who think they are Christian based on our standard of Christianity excludes too many possible participants to promote healthy debate.

Therefore...
The new standard for the "Exclusively Christian Theology" is to allow anyone to post here who considers themselves to be Christian and considers the Bible to be inspired by God.

Yes that creates a much bigger tent, but that's a good thing for healthy debate!

So... if you consider yourself a Christian and you consider the Bible to be the inspired word of God then you are welcome to post in the "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum.

Furthermore...
We are also willing to let any other unbeliever or follower of another religion post here if they are honestly seeking an answer to a question or have constructive input to the discussion. In other words... if an atheist has a question about God and he asks it in an honest, upfront way we will gladly deal with that question without booting him out of the forum.

Said in short...
This particular forum will be dedicated to debating biblical issues without debating the legitimacy of the Bible itself.

There are plenty of other forums here at TOL for debating the legitimacy of the Bible.

And unlike morality the above rules and guidelines are very SUBJECTIVE so we ask that you honor our moderators requests if your input if out of line for this particular forum.

If you have any questions regarding these new guidelines please ask them on this thread.
Sounds good to me!

oatmeal

Knight,

I am new to this website. It is clear that you have put a lot of thought into this, and have expressed your thoughts clearly.

Since, there are other forums to discuss other types of issues, people who want to reach out to others can do so there.

This is not my website. I am a guest here. If I were invited into your home, I would certainly want to respect the "house rules," even if it was inconvenient for me. I can always leave if I do not want to respect my host.

Maybe, you have seen the poster, "I don't swim in your toilet, don't pee in my pool." There is a time and a place.

Oatmeal

Krsto

You make it sound as if uninvited guests can just barge in and ruin someone's nice little tea party. There is such a thing as "ignore," ya know. If nobody wants to engage with them then they're not going to be wasting too much space on our computer screens.

Ben Masada

I realize this is not going to make everyone happy but I have discussed this issue with the other TOL owners and here is the decision we have made regarding the "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum.

Originally when we decided to create this forum we wanted a place to discuss AND debate Christian theology without unbelievers distracting the debate with mindless comments like... "so... how did all the animals fit on the ark?" or... "the Bible has been translated so many times.... bla bla bla".
:dunce:

The "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum was never intended to be a place where there would be no debate..... and excluding those who think they are Christian based on our standard of Christianity excludes too many possible participants to promote healthy debate.

Therefore...
The new standard for the "Exclusively Christian Theology" is to allow anyone to post here who considers themselves to be Christian and considers the Bible to be inspired by God.

Yes that creates a much bigger tent, but that's a good thing for healthy debate!

So... if you consider yourself a Christian and you consider the Bible to be the inspired word of God then you are welcome to post in the "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum.

Furthermore...
We are also willing to let any other unbeliever or follower of another religion post here if they are honestly seeking an answer to a question or have constructive input to the discussion. In other words... if an atheist has a question about God and he asks it in an honest, upfront way we will gladly deal with that question without booting him out of the forum.

Said in short...
This particular forum will be dedicated to debating biblical issues without debating the legitimacy of the Bible itself.

There are plenty of other forums here at TOL for debating the legitimacy of the Bible.

And unlike morality the above rules and guidelines are very SUBJECTIVE so we ask that you honor our moderators requests if your input if out of line for this particular forum.

If you have any questions regarding these new guidelines please ask them on this thread.

Sorry Knight, but the decision was deplorable to learning. I believe that there is no learning in the tit-tattering of common beliefs. The word is controversy. That's where the learning is. The wealth of Judaism, for example is owed mostly to the controversial disputes between Hillel and Shamai. That's why Jews have such a rich extra Biblical Literature, whose role is to serve as fences around the commandments of the Torah. It is indeed a pity that you should have taken such a decision. Since you have left a small opening to non-Christians who have a mind to learn, I'll keep posting till you tell me to stop for any reason of your own.
Ben

Ben Masada

You make it sound as if uninvited guests can just barge in and ruin someone's nice little tea party. There is such a thing as "ignore," ya know. If nobody wants to engage with them then they're not going to be wasting too much space on our computer screens.

Tell me Krsto, what learning there is in a tit-tattering of common beliefs around a nice little tea party table? Learning is found in controversy. The refusal to engage only depicts instability of the ground where faithfuls stand. Can you live with that weakness?
Ben

Krsto

Tell me Krsto, what learning there is in a tit-tattering of common beliefs around a nice little tea party table? Learning is found in controversy. The refusal to engage only depicts instability of the ground where faithfuls stand. Can you live with that weakness?
Ben

Not me Ben. I prefer real debate. I was saying that for the sake of those who want to keep people off a forum rather than just ignore them and let those who want to engage with them engage with them.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sorry Knight, but the decision was deplorable to learning. I believe that there is no learning in the tit-tattering of common beliefs. The word is controversy. That's where the learning is. The wealth of Judaism, for example is owed mostly to the controversial disputes between Hillel and Shamai. That's why Jews have such a rich extra Biblical Literature, whose role is to serve as fences around the commandments of the Torah. It is indeed a pity that you should have taken such a decision. Since you have left a small opening to non-Christians who have a mind to learn, I'll keep posting till you tell me to stop for any reason of your own.
Ben
Ben you have the ENTIRE rest of TheologyOnline to post in.

Several years ago we created the Exclusively Christian Forum based on the requests of our overwhelmingly Christian membership. They wanted just one forum where they could discuss Christian topics without the typical distractions. I think that's fair.

I really couldn't care less that you don't like my rules. And if you reject my rules I will simply ban you from the forum. And sorry to say but that doesn't bother me in the least.

Jason0047

I think the majority of people who believe in Jesus (and only Jesus as their savior) and believe the bible to be the inspired Word of God should have their message spoken of without interruption or without any watering down of what is true and right on at least one section on TOL.

I mean, originally when I first came to TOL: I was shocked to find so many non christians on the site.

This is not being cruel. There are plenty of other places on the forums to debate till your hearts content. What this does, is that it allows God's people to pull together in a place where they can feel at home without being attacked every ten seconds or without the message of what we are talking about being thrown off course by someone who is obviously looking to seek the Lord in truth.

I mean, when I gather among christians within a public church group to talk about the things of God, there are no atheists, or cultists disrupting our conversations and study concerning the bible there.

But I pray that those who do not believe or who are in a biblical cult, will at least understand the reason why TOL is creating a safe harbor section for their fellow brothers. It is not because they do not care about you. They are doing it out of respect and love for their fellow brothers and for those who are looking for the Words of God in truth so they can be saved.

My prayers and love is upon you all.

Be well.

Sincerely,

~Jason.

Ben Masada

Ben you have the ENTIRE rest of TheologyOnline to post in.

Several years ago we created the Exclusively Christian Forum based on the requests of our overwhelmingly Christian membership. They wanted just one forum where they could discuss Christian topics without the typical distractions. I think that's fair.

I really couldn't care less that you don't like my rules. And if you reject my rules I will simply ban you from the forum. And sorry to say but that doesn't bother me in the least.

Okay Knight, I believe you and I am leaving before you ban me. But I would like to remind you of a small thing: Once, in a prayer of his, Jesus said that the Truth is the Word of God. (John 17:17) Perhaps he had in mind the words of the Psalmist who said that the Word of God was given to Israel only and to no other people on earth. (Psalm
147:19,20) It means that if you were interested in the truth you would not reject the one who was planning to bring it to this section of the Forum. But days will come when Gentiles from several nations will reach for the garment of the Jews and beg to join them for having finally acknowledged that God is with us. (Zech. 8:23) Last but not least, just one more statement: I translate your decision as fear either of the message or of the messenger.

Have a good day sir!

Ben

genuineoriginal

Okay Knight, I believe you and I am leaving before you ban me. But I would like to remind you of a small thing: Once, in a prayer of his, Jesus said that the Truth is the Word of God. (John 17:17) Perhaps he had in mind the words of the Psalmist who said that the Word of God was given to Israel only and to no other people on earth. (Psalm
147:19,20) It means that if you were interested in the truth you would not reject the one who was planning to bring it to this section of the Forum. But days will come when Gentiles from several nations will reach for the garment of the Jews and beg to join them for having finally acknowledged that God is with us. (Zech. 8:23) Last but not least, just one more statement: I translate your decision as fear either of the message or of the messenger.

Have a good day sir!

Ben

Ben, you are really stuck on yourself.
If you wanted an open debate on a topic, you should have started your own thread on that topic, like you have done many times before.
The Exclusively Christian forum is for controversial debate of Christian issues among Christians.

You have made it clear that you do not consider yourself a Christian. The rules also allow for non-Christians to provide information or seek information on the topic of the thread, but it does not allow a non-Christian to carry on an extended debate or derail the thread.

SovereigntyIsGods

Have a good day sir!

Ben

Hos 2:21 "And in that day I will answer, declares the LORD, I will answer the heavens, and they shall answer the earth,
Hos 2:22 and the earth shall answer the grain, the wine, and the oil, and they shall answer Jezreel,
Hos 2:23 and I will sow her for myself in the land. And I will have mercy on No Mercy, and I will say to Not My People, 'You are my people'; and he shall say, 'You are my God.'"

Isa 49:5 And now the LORD says, he who formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob back to him; and that Israel might be gathered to him-- for I am honored in the eyes of the LORD, and my God has become my strength--
Isa 49:6 he says: "It is too light a thing that you should be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob and to bring back the preserved of Israel; I will make you as a light for the nations, that my salvation may reach to the end of the earth."

Status
Not open for further replies.