ECT The new rules for the Exclusively Christian forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerzy

BANNED
Banned
I would like to propose that “others” be allowed to post here a short invitation note to the open side of the forum to engage a person / people in broader discussion on the subject.

Let it be up to that person / people to accept the invitation or to reject.

I have learned a lot from Jews and give thanks to God for their willingness to do their part here.

Shalom

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When we see the list of threads how can we tell which ones are Exclusively Christian Theology?

--Dave

tudorturtl

Unfortunately, I may be the only one who sees this as a step backwards, rather than forward.

I do not believe that everyone that comes here is here to debate, and there should be a sanctuary (of sort) to actually be safe from those who have no other agenda but to steal the truth from those who truly have a heart to know what that truth is.

I know that this may not be the main purpose of this site, but some people may have no other place to turn, and there are many out there who are hurting, and need to hear the hope that only those who have faith in the Jesus of the bible can offer them.

My main reason for being here, is to reach those people, and to stand firm in a presentation of the gospel that is undefiled, unperverted, and pure in it's simplicity.

That opportunity has been greatly diminished, and the cultist have won their day.

:cry:
not a step backwards my friend, since there are many christian churches who believe different things it is good for us to "test" the spirits to see if they are true Debate doesn't have to mean fight we are all seeking the truth here. let us proceed wisely and in meekness of spirit, with the spirit of love which seeks not it's own but the best for each other.

tudorturtl

When we see the list of threads how can we tell which ones are Exclusively Christian Theology?

--Dave

I don't need www.anything I have a bible. I prefer to read it through a program called e-sword, but that's only because it puts strongs numbers at a mouseclick and saves me boatloads of time looking up in a concordance

textman

the vanishing forum

the vanishing forum

On 13Jan04 Knight: ... Said in short ... This particular forum will be dedicated to debating biblical issues
without debating the legitimacy of the Bible itself.
There are plenty of other forums here at TOL for debating the legitimacy of the Bible.
tx say: Dear Mr Knight, where is the Bible Study forum?
I seem to remember it was around here somewhere, but now I can't find it.
What's up with that? :confused:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Knight, I think some are taking too much liberty see here?

For Inzl, and others....who want to understand me.
Lovebug
attention seeker, call-out thread, john w drunk again, love4wolves,
lovebug the lush, passive agressive, sinful woman

Love/LostBug closes down TOL with...
john w
call-out thread, john w drunk again

Mormans hate unitarians as well as trinitarians.
Lazy afternoon

What has any of this to do with a true concern with understanding Christian theology?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You do have to point there, some of these perhap don't belong in the ECT. I will review these threads and move them to the appropriate section.

Reactions: Lon

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For Inzl, and others....who want to understand me.
Lovebug
attention seeker, call-out thread, john w drunk again, love4wolves,
lovebug the lush, passive agressive, sinful woman-----This thread does contain a lot of theology discussion, but it is mainly a mild spat between members.

Love/LostBug closes down TOL with...
john w
call-out thread, john w drunk again-----This one is similar but still has theology as its base.

Mormans hate unitarians as well as trinitarians.
Lazy afternoon----This one belongs in Religion.

I will examine The Back Alley and see if these first two threads can go there.

Timeloop: The first two were relocated to The Rest, as the topic--a person-Lovebug didn't really fit in with Exclusively Christian Theology, especially considering the way the threads have been tagged. The last thread was moved to Religion since its content had little to do with Christian Theology.

Last edited by a moderator:

moonbeam

Banned

Greetings Inzl Kett,

I understand that you are a senior moderator so I thought I would ask something of you.

I just noticed something that may have been there before but slipped my notice....that being a sticky note attached to the Letter to Colossians thread...I just noticed this 10 minutes ago and checked the forum rules in the Home Page top left corner to get some clarrification but could not see anything there that seemed relevant.

I will pose a series of questions to explore the issue...I am new hear and not familiar with any background issues of forum protocols that may have been developed over the years...so my questions are not to be understood as accusatory or interagative in a negative fashion...but exploratory in the sense of local terrain features

Could you explain to me the significance of the tag in terms of what exactly is signified to others, or myself, by its attachment ?

What decision making process is involved to have such a sticky attached ?

Does the author of the thread so designated have any input in this process ?

Is there any protocol requireing the author of the tread to be notified by PM of such an action being taken ?

Can I tag a thread of my choosing with such a sticky unilaterally ?

Can the person authorizing or desiring such a sticky to be attached be publicly identified ? .... if not Why not ?

What catergory of persons have the ability or authority to take such unilateral action ?

Is the "call out" designation substantiated in terms of qualifing for this identification.... by either, one, or both, of these two subject matters ie. a particular posters username in the OP title [or anywhere in the content of post], or the actual subject matter discussed ?

Can you provide me with a list of all moderators associated with the religion section in general and the hierarchy if any ?

I am considering becoming a financial member of TOL so as to reap additional benefits from being a more integral member of the community here...I will appreciate your response...and look forward to a productive relationship with yourself and TOL.

Yours sincerely,

Brian Parker - aka moonbeam

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Greetings Inzl Kett,

I understand that you are a senior moderator so I thought I would ask something of you.

I just noticed something that may have been there before but slipped my notice....that being a sticky note attached to the Letter to Colossians thread...I just noticed this 10 minutes ago and checked the forum rules in the Home Page top left corner to get some clarrification but could not see anything there that seemed relevant.
You mean this?---->Tags -call-out thread I assume that is what you mean.

I will pose a series of questions to explore the issue...I am new hear and not familiar with any background issues of forum protocols that may have been developed over the years...so my questions are not to be understood as accusatory or interagative in a negative fashion...but exploratory in the sense of local terrain features

Could you explain to me the significance of the tag in terms of what exactly is signified to others, or myself, by its attachment ?
Tags are supposed to help the forum search feature and Google search find the post. The search feature operates off of words in posts but it also operates off of tags. Tags are not a 'sticky'.
What decision making process is involved to have such a sticky attached ?
Any subscriber last time I checked, can tag a thread with any tag he wishes. Admittedly many users make a poor choice when making tags.
Does the author of the thread so designated have any input in this process ?
The author when making the thread can attach two tags of his choice. Still other users can add two addition tags of their choice. Sometime mods will remove tags at their discretion if the tags are name calling the thread author or someone else without cause or if they are designed to provoke.
Is there any protocol requireing the author of the tread to be notified by PM of such an action being taken ?
Nope.
Can I tag a thread of my choosing with such a sticky unilaterally ?
If you don't see an edit tags button, then you have to be subscriber to edit tags. Then you will be able to tag any thread you wish.
Can the person authorizing or desiring such a sticky to be attached be publicly identified ? .... if not Why not ?
The tag author is anonymous, that is how v-bulletin software is written. It doesn't track who assigns what tag. Only you know what two tags you put on a thread.
What catergory of persons have the ability or authority to take such unilateral action ?
Tags are not anything significant enough to warrant authorities stepping in unless they abused as a form of 'brinking'--pushing people's buttons. As explained above, they are a tool for the Google search and forum search.
Is the "call out" designation substantiated in terms of qualifing for this identification.... by either, one, or both, of these two subject matters ie. a particular posters username in the OP title [or anywhere in the content of post], or the actual subject matter discussed ?
Somebody tagged it that because they thought it was a call out thread--A thread that targets a user, usually for something that have done wrong. I will review the thread and see if the tag is appropriate.
Can you provide me with a list of all moderators associated with the religion section in general and the hierarchy if any ?
The Religion section and the ECT do not have specifically assigned moderators.
I am considering becoming a financial member of TOL so as to reap additional benefits from being a more integral member of the community here...I will appreciate your response...and look forward to a productive relationship with yourself and TOL.

Yours sincerely,

Brian Parker - aka moonbeam
Thank you. I hope you do become a subscriber. :e4e:

Last edited by a moderator:

moonbeam

Banned
My tags you mean the little words at the bottom correct? Subscribers can tag a thread and folks on TOL have made a game of tagging threads. Sometimes they will put tags on a thread that have nothing to do with the thread at all. If a tag is too disruptive or becomes name calling to the user without cause sometime a mod will remove it at his discretion.

Tags actually are supposed to help the search function when you are using to find a thread on a subject. But the way people on here use them, it can defeat that purpose.

Inzl Kett

Thanks for the response...I understand the function now.

I thought it was a harbinger of doom.

The Harbinger by Rabbi Cahn (Christian) 56 min long on youtube I watched yesterday...very interesting...if you haven't seen it.

Kind regards.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I made you a more complete reply too.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"I do not believe that everyone that comes here is here to debate, and there should be a sanctuary (of sort) to actually be safe from those who have no other agenda but to steal the truth from those who truly have a heart to know what that truth is."
We will get more of that not less.

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come [2 Tim. 3:1].

""This know also." Paul is telling Timothy something very important that he wants him to know. He is telling him what to expect and what is to be the future of the church—it is not a very bright future for the organized church.

"The last days" is a technical term used in several places in the New Testament; it speaks of the last days of the church, immediately preceding the rapture of the church. The last days of the church are not the same as the last days of the nation Israel, which is mentioned repeatedly in the Old Testament. In the Old Testament the last days are called the "end of the age" or "the time of the end," which is the Great Tribulation Period. That is quite different from the last days of the church, which precede the Rapture of the church.

The apostasy that began in the church in Paul’s day will continue. Paul warned the church at Ephesus that false leaders would enter the church after his decease. He told them in Acts 20:29–30: "For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them." They won’t give out the Word of God but will fleece the congregations. Believe me, false teachers shear the sheep pretty close!

"Perilous times shall come," which means grievous or desperate times are coming. That doesn’t look like the conversion of the world, does it? It doesn’t appear that the church is going to bring in the Millennium or is going to convert the world. The Bible doesn’t teach that it will. That is the pipe dream of a great many idealists and a great many folk who have lived with their heads ostrich-like in the sand and have never faced reality.

Instead, notice what will be coming in the last days. We have nineteen different descriptions given in the next few verses. It is an ugly brood, but we want to look at them because they present the best scriptural picture of what is happening today. We are, I believe, moving into the last days of the church. My reason for saying this is that the things mentioned in these verses have appeared today. If you look back in the history of the church, you could certainly find some of these things in evidence, but I don’t think you could ever find a period in which all of them are so manifested as they are today. I believe we are now in these "perilous" days which are described in this section. I don’t know how much longer it will last, but I’m sure it’s going to get worse, not better." McGee, J. Vernon: Thru the Bible Commentary. electronic ed. Nashville : Thomas Nelson, 1997, c1981, S. 4:291.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Inzl Kett

Thanks for the response...I understand the function now.

I thought it was a harbinger of doom.

The Harbinger by Rabbi Cahn (Christian) 56 min long on youtube I watched yesterday...very interesting...if you haven't seen it.

Kind regards.
I have heard of it. It is one of the books I want to look at.

moonbeam

Banned
I have heard of it. It is one of the books I want to look at.

I just noticed you comprehensive response...thanks.

I am not concerned with the tag...now I understand its function.

Certain things have been stated by certain people in a couple of responses and I got it into my head that a plot was brewing...a hang over from my hippy trippy days perhaps.

Not to preempt your decision to get the book...but the video presentation is the author speaking (56min version) uninterupted to a christian audiance...it is very interesting...compelling...and very topical right now...one benefit of the video is that you get a feel of the impact upon the audience at certain points as this guy lays out his case quoting the scripture...it is quite amazing...and in line with the word...literally line for line...prophetic...in retrospect...shocking in its accuracy...when seen retrospectively...don't hesitate...save your money...watch it tonight/today

Will join in the near future...Kind regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.