The Pauline Paradox

Ben Masada

The Pauline Paradox

When Paul started preaching about Jesus as the Messiah and son of God, he never realized that he had created a huge paradox.

You see, for Jesus to be the Messiah, he had to be a biological son of Joseph's, who was the one from the Tribe of Judah, whose Tribe the Messiah was supposed to come from. Mary was from the Tribe of Levi. She was of the family of Elizabeth, a descendant of Aaron the Levite. (Luke 1:5,36)

Since Jesus is also claimed to be the son of God, he could not be the Messiah, because God is not subject to human genealogies.

On the other hand, if Christians decided to grab the chance of at least to make of Jesus the Messiah by agreeing to drop the tale of the virgin birth, and to admit that he was indeed Joseph's biological son, he could not be son of God; and here the situation would get worse because even the doctrine of the Trinity would colapse.

That's indeed a huge paradox that can be accepted only by faith, which requires no explanation. But then again, where faith begins, knowledge ends. And for lack of knowledge, People perish. (Hosea 4:6)

Now, if there is anyone out there with enough wisdom to unriddle this paradox, I'll be more than happy to take my hat off to him or her. If not, the Sphynx will keep waiting patiently beside the Egyptian piramids for the passers-by.

Good luck!

Ben

I.S.I.T.

The seed is spiritual. :)

Galatians 3:16
Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

I.S.I.T.

Revelation 22:16
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

All those who are born of God's Spirit have the One seed in them. :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The Pauline Paradox

When Paul started preaching about Jesus as the Messiah and son of God, he never realized that he had created a huge paradox.

You see, for Jesus to be the Messiah, he had to be a biological son of Joseph's, who was the one from the Tribe of Judah, whose Tribe the Messiah was supposed to come from. Mary was from the Tribe of Levi. She was of the family of Elizabeth, a descendant of Aaron the Levite. (Luke 1:5,36)

Since Jesus is also claimed to be the son of God, he could not be the Messiah, because God is not subject to human genealogies.

On the other hand, if Christians decided to grab the chance of at least to make of Jesus the Messiah by agreeing to drop the tale of the virgin birth, and to admit that he was indeed Joseph's biological son, he could not be son of God; and here the situation would get worse because even the doctrine of the Trinity would colapse.

That's indeed a huge paradox that can be accepted only by faith, which requires no explanation. But then again, where faith begins, knowledge ends. And for lack of knowledge, People perish. (Hosea 4:6)

Now, if there is anyone out there with enough wisdom to unriddle this paradox, I'll be more than happy to take my hat off to him or her. If not, the Sphynx will keep waiting patiently beside the Egyptian piramids for the passers-by.

Good luck!

Ben
More jewish nonsense -

daqq

The Pauline Paradox

Good luck!

Ben

All the prophets and the Torah prophesied until Yohanan. Elisabeth is Elisheba, sister of Nahshon, prince of tribe Yhudah. Elisheba is the mother of the priesthood, that is, the mother of every son and daughter of Ahron. Every pure blooded child of Ahron in the scripture is one hundred percent Leviy and one hundred percent Yhudiy. The natural minded thinker will never understand because the natural mind does not realize what it means that in the beginning Elohim made mankind both male and female. The Septuagint version renders the name of Elisheba the same as Elisabeth is rendered in Luke with the only exception being the final theta, (just as there are variants between Nazareth and Nazaret).

Exodus 6:23 Septuagint
23 ελαβεν δε ααρων την ελισαβεθ θυγατερα αμιναδαβ αδελφην ναασσων αυτω γυναικα και ετεκεν αυτω τον τε ναδαβ και αβιουδ και ελεαζαρ και ιθαμαρ

Exodus 6:23 Brenton Septuagint English Translation
23 And Aaron took to himself to wife Elisabeth daughter of Aminadab sister of Naasson, and she bore to him both Nadab and Abiud, and Eleazar and Ithamar.

The head of Yohanan is half the kingdom, (Est 5:3, 5:6, 7:2, Mrk 6:23-24).
Riddle me that, O riddler . . . :chuckle:

quip

BANNED
Banned

Good luck!

Ben

Paul was a crackpot. Problem solved.

Jamie Gigliotti

The Pauline Paradox

Good luck!

Ben

As a stepson adopted into a family myself the mystery is easily debunked. As Joseph's adopted son ordained by God He was in the house of David.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus' lineage goes through his mother just like lineage in the State of Israel today (mtDNA).

Since men owned the land, inheritance was from the father.

Jesus' inheritance is the universe.

Bradley D

If one of Mary's parents was of the Levite line, it does not both parents were.. Not all Levites were priests. Therefore not all Levites had to marry within the clan.

I.S.I.T.

Galatians 3:16
Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Romans 9:8
That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Galatians 3:29
And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

So what is the promise of the Father?

Luke 24:49
And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high. = receiving the Holy Ghost=Christ in us= the one seed of promise in all his people.

That is how Christ is not only the root, but also the offspring of David= Christ in us, the seed of promise.

Ben Masada

Galatians 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Not according to the gospel of Jesus which was the Tanach. The seed was and still is literal. And there is something else. I am sure Paul did not know English but, I am sure the same is true in every language. Seed in the singular, genetically speaking, always points to the plural. For instance, all my children constitute my seed. The KJV quotes Torah to clarify the "seeds" used in Galatian 3:16 and the mistake is revealed. The verbal juggling of the author of Galations 3:16 is revealed as a trick to teach a lie that does not make sense at all. Seeds in the plural is a reference to the grains of a fruit as in grape seeds. It means that when referring to descendants of a person, the word seed in the singular must be used. The descendants of Abraham for instance, were his seed and not his seeds. Since Paul was a learned man, it becomes clear that he was, intentionally trying to imprint anti-Jewish hatred in the mind of his listeners.

Ben Masada

Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

All those who are born of God's Spirit have the One seed in them. :)

Paul fabricated that idea, not Jesus if you read II Timothy 2:8. Since Matthew says that Jesus was born of God with Mary and not conceived by Joseph as we read in Mat. 1:18, Paul's trick is backfired to claim that Jesus was the root and offspring of David. To be from the lineage of David aka from the Tribe of Judah, Jesus had to be a biological son of Joseph because adoption would not give him that right. According to Jewish tradition only from the father could a son claim his Tribal affiliation. The mother, to this day, confers only the Jewish identity to the child.

Hawkins

The Messiah concept of modern Judaism is never original. It is fabricated after AD 200~500 by Rabbis not originated from Jerusalem. This can be told by the fact that today's Judaism concepts are more Sadducee like than Pharisaic in terms of immortal soul, hell and etc.

In a nutshell, the Jews lost almost everything in AD 70 siege, including the once dominated Pharisaic concepts, and the Messiah concepts.

Ben Masada

More jewish nonsense -

PJ, I know that deep down your ego is hurting. To say that this thread is nothing but "More Jewish nonsense" you can't stand that it had to come out of a Jewish mind of all people. Have you ever read the essay of Mark Twain about the Jews? If you read it, your pain will only hurt stronger.

I.S.I.T.

Not according to the gospel of Jesus which was the Tanach. The seed was and still is literal. And there is something else. I am sure Paul did not know English but, I am sure the same is true in every language. Seed in the singular, genetically speaking, always points to the plural. For instance, all my children constitute my seed. The KJV quotes Torah to clarify the "seeds" used in Galatian 3:16 and the mistake is revealed. The verbal juggling of the author of Galations 3:16 is revealed as a trick to teach a lie that does not make sense at all. Seeds in the plural is a reference to the grains of a fruit as in grape seeds. It means that when referring to descendants of a person, the word seed in the singular must be used. The descendants of Abraham for instance, were his seed and not his seeds. Since Paul was a learned man, it becomes clear that he was, intentionally trying to imprint anti-Jewish hatred in the mind of his listeners.

There are 2 spiritual seeds shown in scripture. The first is of the flesh=serpents seed=father of a wicked generation in the first man Adam after sin entered into the world= corruptible seed.

The second is those who are born of the Spirit of God,and from the Father of the good seed= incorruptible seed in Christ.

These 2 spiritual seeds are first shown here...

Genesis 3:14-15

14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed[/B] and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

So both these spiritual seeds has an origin, as in a father/ Father

Jesus spoke to the hypocrites of his day as being a generation of vipers, and serpents, being of their father the Devil(Matthew 23:33) Are they literally born from a physical serpents seed, or perhaps the meaning is spiritual?

When you understand the origin of the 2 spiritual seeds, then you will understand why Christ is called the only begotten Son of God, being the One seed that came forth from the Father, who is also the firstborn of all creation.

1 Peter 1:23
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

I.S.I.T.

Paul's trick is backfired to claim that Jesus was the root and offspring of David.

Jesus Christ claimed that.....Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

I.S.I.T.

Isaiah 7:14
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.= God with us

Isaiah 9:6-7

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this."

Matthew 1:20
But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Ben Masada

All the prophets and the Torah prophesied until Yohanan. Elisabeth is Elisheba, sister of Nahshon, prince of tribe Yhudah. Elisheba is the mother of the priesthood, that is, the mother of every son and daughter of Ahron. Every pure blooded child of Ahron in the scripture is one hundred percent Leviy and one hundred percent Yhudiy. The natural minded thinker will never understand because the natural mind does not realize what it means that in the beginning Elohim made mankind both male and female. The Septuagint version renders the name of Elisheba the same as Elisabeth is rendered in Luke with the only exception being the final theta, (just as there are variants between Nazareth and Nazaret).

Exodus 6:23 Brenton Septuagint English Translation. And Aaron took to himself to wife Elisabeth daughter of Aminadab sister of Naasson, and she bore to him both Nadab and Abiud, and Eleazar and Ithamar.

The head of Yohanan is half the kingdom, (Est 5:3, 5:6, 7:2, Mrk 6:23-24).
Riddle me that, O riddler . . . :chuckle:

The prophets prophesied until the New Covenant aka New Order was established with the House of Israel and the House of Judah qua one people, one kingdom; no longer two. (Jeremiah 31:31; Ezekiel 37:22) That was about 400 years before the First Century. (Daniel 9:24; Micah 3:6)In other words, there were no more prophets when Jesus was born.

Now, regarding a child being born 100% Levi and 100% Yehudi, I have only to tell you that there has never been such a thing in Judaism or throughout the Tanach. A child could never belong to two Tribes. Besides, that makes no sense at all. Even if a woman of a certain Tribe in Israel married a man from another Tribe, she would be always acknowledged as of being after her father's Tribe as her children would follow the Tribe of their father, not hers.