The Pill: For Dudes

The Pill: For Dudes

• Sure! Don't see why not.

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • I'm opposed to this. Yeeesh.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Dude. Gross.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dude. Ummm...can we just talk about football?

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Granite

Hall of Fame
This is in the works, and will probably be a reality--at least in a few countries; stateside, you never know--within a decade.

So, question. If a birth control pill were available for men, who here would be cool with it? Cool with using it? Opposed? Ambivalent? UTTERLY FREAKED OUT?:think:

IMJerusha

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
These are two different forms of birth control.

I'm opposed to anything that alters the natural way of things internally without extensive long term study not just on the subject but also on the immediate progeny of test subjects.
An abortifacient (e.g. Plan B) kills a baby (Pr 8:36).

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
This is in the works, and will probably be a reality--at least in a few countries; stateside, you never know--within a decade.

So, question. If a birth control pill were available for men, who here would be cool with it? Cool with using it? Opposed? Ambivalent? UTTERLY FREAKED OUT?:think:
Terrific notion, especially for anyone who sees traditional, female birth control as an abortifacient. Beats a surgical procedure.

IMJerusha

Terrific notion, especially for anyone who sees traditional, female birth control as an abortifacient. Beats a surgical procedure.

What do you call traditional female birth control? Many women consider a diaphragm and spermicide or a condom and spermicide to be traditional female birth control which is not abortifacient.

Last edited:

1PeaceMaker

I don't support more cancer for men. :plain:

Also fatherhood is better than depopulation.

Last edited:

Granite

Hall of Fame

Exactly! That I can see all possible moral concerns (beyond opposition to birth control in general) are pretty much avoided.

The Berean

I really don't care. If guys want to "shoot blanks" that's their business. :Grizzly:

:p

Frankly, I would just use a condom.

rougueone

Contraception, by definition, is merely the opposite of conception.

This is a decision that resides in the user of birth control. Motives is definitely the key component here. .

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...[F]atherhood is better than depopulation.

Europe doesn't believe this. They have no hope; therefore, they aren't reproducing.

Didn't they turn all of their churches into bars?
drunk_walk-2125.gif

Granite

Hall of Fame
Contraception, by definition, is merely the opposite of conception.

This is a decision that resides in the user of birth control. Motives is definitely the key component here. .

I suspect it has something to do with not getting pregnant.:think:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

i'd have to know more. long term effects and such. how long does it work and the side effects. but hey, if we had women take a pill, what's good for the goose - :patrol:

Cruciform

So, question. If a birth control pill were available for men, who here would be cool with it? Cool with using it? Opposed? Ambivalent? UTTERLY FREAKED OUT?
I would continue to affirm the constant teaching of Christ's one historic Catholic Church, which has opposed contraception of any kind for the past two millennia. Its use is categorically immoral.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+