The Public School SYSTEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sozo

Originally posted by Freak

Yes. I vote. I vote in believers of Christ into office. Do you?

Have you ever responded to a straight question in your life?

So, when you vote, do you vote for Democrats who claim to be Christians?

Untouchable

Heaven forbid! Can't have any independent thinkers can we???

I don't know... :think: Can you?

jpbordeaux87
An independant child is every christian parents worst nightmare, isn't it?

Knight wrote:
You are a fraud aren't you?

You were never homeschooled and so far everything you have written is a lie isn't it?

HAHA!!... He's doing it already!! :crackup:

Christine

Originally posted by Zakath

So your father believes his training was a waste of time? That's a sad thing. :(
While I did not come right out and say that, you are correct. About the only benefit to his teacher training is the fact that under Ohio law certified teachers can look at a homeschooled child's work and decide wether or not the child is ready to go on to the next grade. My dad does this for several homeschooling families, including his own, and he has also admistered the standarized tests in the past.

I disagree. There are other factors besides basic literacy that make people suitable, or not, for homeschool instruction. As a former home-school support group leader and activist, I've known scores of parents who were not qualified to homeschool their children, as evidenced by their children's miserable academic performance and poor basic literacy skills.
I had no idea you used to be involved with homeschooling.

In addition to literacy you must have each child's best interest at heart. You must know how your child learns and be able to model learning for them so they can take best advantage of a homeschooling situation.

Too many uneducated people think that good homeschooling consists of plopping the kids at the kitchen table with a prepared self-study curriculum while the adult wanders off to busy themselves elsewhere. Most children will not learn well that way, though a few will. True education involves much more than pre-packaged curriculum.
I do the majority of my studies on my own, and I believe most home-schooled jr-high through high-school age students could. I can read, so I can go over the lesson by myself. If I have a question, I can always ask my dad. :)

Finally, some homeschoolers are merely rebelling against the educational establishment and using their children as pawns in a game in which the children will be the losers. :thumb:
I doubt that is the main reason for most homeschooling families. Most do it because of religious reasons, but other reasons as well.

Freak

Originally posted by Sozo

I haven't, but thanks for the link.
A good party that stands up for Jesus!

Preamble

We, the members of the Constitution Party, gratefully acknowledge the blessing of the Lord God as Creator, Preserver and Ruler of the Universe and of this Nation. We solemnly declare that the foundation of our political position and moving principle of our political activity is our full submission and unshakable faith in our Savior and Redeemer, our Lord Jesus Christ. We hereby appeal to Him for mercy, aid, comfort, guidance and the protection of His Divine Providence as we work to restore and preserve this Nation as a government of the People, by the People, and for the People.

The U.S. Constitution established a Republic under God, rather than a democracy.

Our Republic is a nation governed by a Constitution that is rooted in Biblical law, administered by representatives who are Constitutionally elected by the citizens.

In a Republic governed by Constitutional law rooted in Biblical law, all Life, Liberty and Property are protected because law rules.

Sozo

A good party that stands up for Jesus!

Preamble

We, the members of the Constitution Party, gratefully acknowledge the blessing of the Lord God as Creator, Preserver and Ruler of the Universe and of this Nation. We solemnly declare that the foundation of our political position and moving principle of our political activity is our full submission and unshakable faith in our Savior and Redeemer, our Lord Jesus Christ. We hereby appeal to Him for mercy, aid, comfort, guidance and the protection of His Divine Providence as we work to restore and preserve this Nation as a government of the People, by the People, and for the People.

The U.S. Constitution established a Republic under God, rather than a democracy.

Our Republic is a nation governed by a Constitution that is rooted in Biblical law, administered by representatives who are Constitutionally elected by the citizens.

In a Republic governed by Constitutional law rooted in Biblical law, all Life, Liberty and Property are protected because law rules.

:think: I wonder why God has not put them in power?

Christine

Originally posted by Greywolf

I disagree. If anyone who can read can teach, then why do we still teach kids who can read? I'm a pretty good reader and I still attend school.
Reading is just the basics. After a student becomes a proficient reader, they can read the textbook on their own, thus becoming more independent.
Granted, it is possible for people to teach themselves things, I don't disagree with that, but I don't think that it is a good idea for people who have just learned a concept to try to turn around and teach it. There is a difference between knowing something and understanding it.
Most parents have been reading for years. They should be proficient readers by the time their children are old enough to learn.
I think that people who have a formal education in a subject (i.e. teachers) have a better understanding of the subject, which is important when trying to teach something, than someone who read a few books and magazine articles. There are a few teachers who don't really understand the subject they teach, and I'm sure that there are some parents who are perfectly capable of teaching their kids, but I think that it is a safer bet to go with the teachers.
Even if you have no idea what morals/values those teachers are instilling into your child? What if the teacher believe entirely differently than you do?

Sozo

Originally posted by jpbordeaux87

Sozo,
Looks like you picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue. :freak:

Knight hasn't banned you yet?

He must be slipping

:wave: :troll:

Sozo

To those who hate him.

Perhaps you misunderstood my question.

Why has God not placed this group in the position of authority?

"For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God."

Freak

Originally posted by Sozo

Perhaps you misunderstood my question.

Why has God not placed this group in the position of authority?
They have been placed in authority in several areas.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER

Yep. I agree. These posters need to take a journey through some big city (the inner city) sometime and see if the parents are capable of homeschooling their children with all the problem of violence, drug use, etc at home (I know there are some exceptions but generally speaking the kids would be better off at school). School would be a better place to learn then at home.

Freak,
A side point: Why does it have to be an inner city school like you keep mentioning. I used to live near Columbine, which is in a nice suburb, and look what happen there!

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Christine
While I did not come right out and say that, you are correct. About the only benefit to his teacher training is the fact that under Ohio law certified teachers can look at a homeschooled child's work and decide wether or not the child is ready to go on to the next grade. My dad does this for several homeschooling families, including his own, and he has also admistered the standarized tests in the past.
When I lived in WV, we worked with a state certified teacher (and homeschooled her kids for her). In some states there are certain advantages if you are working with a certified teacher...

I had no idea you used to be involved with homeschooling.
:D The world is full of surprises. :thumb:

I do the majority of my studies on my own, and I believe most home-schooled jr-high through high-school age students could. I can read, so I can go over the lesson by myself. If I have a question, I can always ask my dad. :)
If you don't mind my asking, at what grade equivalent are you working? (Not your age, your educational level.)

I doubt that is the main reason for most homeschooling families. Most do it because of religious reasons, but other reasons as well.
I agree. That's why it was added as an afterthought. Though, depending upon how you see things, "religious reasons" could be considered as rebelling against what they see as a corrupt, evil system...

Perspective is an important thing to consider. :think:

AROTO

Originally posted by Zakath
Are you always this unobservant? I know it can be confusing, but do try to keep up with what is going on. :chuckle:

I apologize, you see I went to public school for most of my life and I guess I am not that good at comprehending your writings, for it seems to me that you are not an advocate for homeschooling. If I am incorrect please let me know.

I for one truly understand that homeschooling is not for everyone, some people just are not able to. However I will never back down from the fact that homeschooling is the best, second would be a strong Christian private school. Public schools are foul and repulsive, not only that but they are failing children all over the United States just on an academic standard alone.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by AROTO
I apologize, you see I went to public school for most of my life and I guess I am not that good at comprehending your writings, for it seems to me that you are not an advocate for homeschooling. If I am incorrect please let me know.
You are incorrect. Consider yourself informed. :D

I for one truly understand that homeschooling is not for everyone, some people just are not able to.
Good. We agree on this, at least.

However I will never back down from the fact that homeschooling is the best, second would be a strong Christian private school. Public schools are foul and repulsive, not only that but they are failing children all over the United States just on an academic standard alone.
I would suggest that homeschooling is best for the youngest students, say below sixth grade or so...

Religious or non-sectarian private schools are then my vehicle of choice for education after that age.

I do not find all public schools repulsive, probably because my locale has excellent public schools - with the high property taxes I pay I would expect no less. To put things in perspective, the school board budget in my county is larger than the budget to operate the entire states of New Hampshire, or Montana, or Alaska, or Vermont.

Too many public schools are poor quality because uninvolved parents permit them to be so. That is a travesty and a waste of taxpayer money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.