The Right Focus

BoyStan

Jesus focus was on His relationship with the Father. Jesus whole mission was to do the Father's will.
Jesus was sent by the Father to bring many sons to God. Jesus brings us into relationship with the Father.

All we hear from pulpit and Christians is a relationship with Jesus. The Father is forgotten, never mentioned, ignored.

The saints are called to give thanks to the Father for everything in the name of Jesus!

The Father NOT Jesus is the focus of the saint.

let the saints rejoice in our relationship with the Father as Jesus demonstrated and has enabled for us through his mission.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Jesus focus was on His relationship with the Father. Jesus whole mission was to do the Father's will.
Jesus was sent by the Father to bring many sons to God. Jesus brings us into relationship with the Father.

All we hear from pulpit and Christians is a relationship with Jesus. The Father is forgotten, never mentioned, ignored.

The saints are called to give thanks to the Father for everything in the name of Jesus!

let the saints rejoice in our relationship with the Father as Jesus demonstrated and has enabled for us through his mission.
Each and every Catholic Mass, maybe also each Orthodox, idk, the Our Father is prayed by everybody. It's as Christ instructed us to pray. And the Eucharist is offered up to the Father, that's every Mass too. After the Our Father, we say that the kingdom, the power, and the glory are His the Father's forever.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank

Why don't you go to a different church, then, where you won't hear from the pulpit about a relationship with Jesus, and where the Father is mentioned, and not forgotten?

nikolai_42

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

I John 2:22-24

God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
I Corinthians 1:9

That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
I John 1:3

We have access to the Father by Jesus Christ. Not the other way around. Our fellowship is indeed with BOTH the Father and the Son - but we are called to the fellowship of Jesus Christ. So the focus of the Father that you are talking about ("The Father NOT Jesus...") is directly opposed to the relationship Jesus spoke of in John 17 - and the requirement in I John 2 that we continue in BOTH the Son and the Father.

EDIT : Some added biblical commentary...

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
Hebrews 2:9

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Hebrews 12:1-2

It seems to me that our immediate focus is to be Christ, but that in looking to Him, we are directed to the Father as well - through Christ.

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
THE ONLY GOD AND FATHER OF JESUS CHRIST And US
[Mar 12:29
[29] Jesus answered him, "The first of all the commandments [is]: 'Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one.
II Jn 1:3
3 Grace, mercy, and peace will be with you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
Rev 1:6
6 and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
Rom 15:5-6
5 Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus,
6 that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Cor 1:2-3
2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,
2 Cor 11:31
31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is blessed forever, knows that I am not lying.
Gal 1:3-5
3 Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ,
4 who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father,
5 to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.
Eph 1:3-4
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,
4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,
Eph 4:6
6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
Phil 4:19-20
19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
20 Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.
Col 1:3-5
3 We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,
4 since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of your love for all the saints;
5 because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel,
John 17:1-3
1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
John 20:17
17 Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.'"
Rev 3:12-13
12 "He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. And I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.
13 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."'
(NKJ)
XXXX The God and Father of Jesus Christ. Jesus tells us that He and we have the very same God and Father. And that the Father is the only true God. God is the highest spiritual title of authority over the universe. LORD is the highest spiritual title over the earth. Now after Jesus proved Himself to God the Father, the Father gave Jesus the title of Lord. Not LORD but Lord. So Jesus is the highest spiritual authority over the earth now. But still right under The LORD God the Father.

1 Cor 3:23
23 And you are Christ's, and Christ is God's.
(NKJ)

John 20:17
17 Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.'"
(NKJ)

Acts 2:22
22 "Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know--
(NKJ)

Eph 1:17
17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,
(NKJ)

Right Divider

Body part
Each and every Catholic Mass, maybe also each Orthodox, idk, the Our Father is prayed by everybody. It's as Christ instructed us to pray. And the Eucharist is offered up to the Father, that's every Mass too. After the Our Father, we say that the kingdom, the power, and the glory are His the Father's forever.
YOU were not instructed to do any such thing. YOU are not the TWELVE apostles that will judge the TWELVE tribes of Israel.

You like to believe some of the myths of Churchianity.

Right Divider

Body part
Yes I do.
On record that the Lord Jesus Christ generated a 'canned prayer.' :doh:
Religious zealots, like yourself, can never understand plain truth.

Jesus did NOT tell them to repeat that prayer over and over and over and over and over.... etc.

Mat 6:7-9 KJV But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. (8) Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him. (9) After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

YOU use vain repetitions just like Jesus warned against.

Jesus told THEM to pray "after this manner" -- not REPEAT THIS over and over and over and over and over.... etc.

It was a pattern to THEM as to HOW to pray and not WHAT to pray.

And... once again... you are clueless as to the CONTEXT of the entire passage.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Religious zealots, like yourself
In what way am I a 'religious zealot?'
, can never understand plain truth.

Jesus did NOT tell them to repeat that prayer over and over and over and over and over.... etc.

Mat 6:7-9 KJV But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. (8) Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him. (9) After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

YOU use vain repetitions just like Jesus warned against.

Jesus told THEM to pray "after this manner" -- not REPEAT THIS over and over and over and over and over.... etc.

It was a pattern to THEM as to HOW to pray and not WHAT to pray.

And... once again... you are clueless as to the CONTEXT of the entire passage.
Is it a sin to pray the Our Father once? Does it become sinful if you pray it more than once?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus focus was on His relationship with the Father.

In actuality, His focus was on Himself.

http://kgov.com/deity

Jesus whole mission was to do the Father's will.

It was follow through willingly with the Father's plan.

:blabla:

God's Truth

Jesus is God the Father come as a son to give us the new covenant, and then to die for the new covenant.

We go through Jesus to get to the Father because of what Jesus did. God and Jesus are one and the same. When you are saved, you receive the Holy Spirit who is the Father and the Son. When you see Jesus one day, will you wonder when you will see the Father? Jesus says when you see him you see the Father.