The Sock Deception

glorydaz

I understand that multiple socks are allowed, and I can understand why someone might want to start all over with another identity. My complaint is not with those.

However, this idea of having multiple socks seems to have a dark or "dirty", maybe even "stinky" motive. :greedy:

Deception is at it's root, and can lead to even more deception being required to keep up the ploy of multiple posters. Pretending to be someone supporting someone else...until an entire gang appears. That gang can then attack in unison, when, in fact, it's only ONE person trying to wear different hats. Oops, the hat can't hide everything. Frustration sets in when the jig appears to be up.

Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.

Anybody think it's annoying to be tricked in this way? :think:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I understand that multiple socks are allowed, and I can understand why someone might want to start all over with another identity. My complaint is not with those.

However, this idea of having multiple socks seems to have a dark or "dirty", maybe even "stinky" motive. :greedy:

Deception is at it's root, and can lead to even more deception being required to keep up the ploy of multiple posters. Pretending to be someone supporting someone else...until an entire gang appears. That gang can then attack in unison, when, in fact, it's only ONE person trying to wear different hats. Oops, the hat can't hide everything. Frustration sets in when the jig appears to be up.

Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.

Anybody think it's annoying to be tricked in this way? :think:
Socks are so :flamer: .

Arthur Brain

Don't really see it as being much of a problem on here and sometimes it seems to be the case of a poster imagining there's sock accounts when there isn't. Look at aCW's wild fantasies that Wizard Of Oz has about sixteen different user names including Patrick Jane or Serpentdove's bonkers signature etc etc. I had one - this one, when I was still serving a ban under my original username of red77 but I came clean with that after calling out SD for her silly claims. Not really worth the time or effort to have multiple accounts pretending to be different users simultaneously really.

glorydaz

Don't really see it as being much of a problem on here and sometimes it seems to be the case of a poster imagining there's sock accounts when there isn't. Look at aCW's wild fantasies that Wizard Of Oz has about sixteen different user names including Patrick Jane or Serpentdove's bonkers signature etc etc. I had one - this one, when I was still serving a ban under my original username of red77 but I came clean with that after calling out SD for her silly claims. Not really worth the time or effort to have multiple accounts pretending to be different users simultaneously really.

I wouldn't have brought it up if it wasn't a problem. :)

Arthur Brain

They know, and it isn't that it needs to be sorted out.

I'm simply bringing it up so that it's understood it isn't a good practice. It's deceitful, at best, and harmful to the perpetrator at least. State of mind...guilt, and all that.

Oh, fair enough. If you can't say your piece with one account but need to pretend there's a bunch of others that agree with "you" then it's not only deceitful but also pretty sad...

I have to say it's equally sad when people erroneously accuse others of having socks (aCW etc) but then I think some of that's down to paranoia etc.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

I'm simply bringing it up so that it's understood it isn't a good practice. It's deceitful, at best, and harmful to the perpetrator at least. State of mind...guilt, and all that.
I learned my lesson with Simon Baker when I first started. It was deceptive for sure, but I didn't try to be somebody else or gang up on people etc. I can't fake my writing style or my beliefs and views. I did because I was banned a couple times and I thought if I had a sock I could still post. I found out that's against the rules. :chuckle:

TOL is too small to get away with it. Who is it glory?

glorydaz

I learned my lesson with Simon Baker when I first started. It was deceptive for sure, but I didn't try to be somebody else or gang up on people etc. I can't fake my writing style or my beliefs and views. I did because I was banned a couple times and I thought if I had a sock I could still post. I found out that's against the rules. :chuckle:

TOL is too small to get away with it. Who is it glory?

Hey, it's one thing to try and get away with posting when you've been banned, but that isn't the deception I'm talking about.

Just keep watching. I'm calling it when I see it, and, hopefully, the joy of being honest will overcome all else.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The funniest ones are those that we have already figured out it is a sock, and we just screw with them till they figure out we know!