ECT The Sufficiency of Christ.

heir

TOL Subscriber
-------------------------------
Logic. -adequate for the purpose of a condition such that its existence leads

to the occurrence of a given event or the existence of a given thing.

---------------------------

----YES---

JESUS WILL BE HERE BY 2024 AD TO ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS.
Predictions are so 80's. You better get saved before then!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Firstborn FROM THE DEAD!

Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

People don't read.

Yep. Born twice in accordance with what he stated in John 3.

oatmeal

You don't pay attention to details, but the KJB is a Holy book of details!

Colossians 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Colossians 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Colossians 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

Colossians 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

You have been shown the truth over and over on this site and reject it. Go back to your cult.

image = eikon

Colossians 1:15

How about we let scripture define what image is?

Matthew 22:20

And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?

Image of Caesar = Caesar?

Mark 12:16

And they brought it. And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? And they said unto him, Caesar's.

Luke 20:24

Shew me a penny. Whose image and superscription hath it? They answered and said, Caesar's.

Romans 1:23

And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Image of corruptible man = the corruptible man?

Romans 8:29

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Image of His son = His son?

I Corinthians 11:7

For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

Man, a husband, who is the image and glory of God = God?

1 Corinthians 15:49

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

II Corinthians 3:18

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

when we behold the image of the Lord when we look in a mirror, are we literally the Lord?

II Corinthians 4:4

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Does the image of God = God?

There is a reason why believers come to reject the "Jesus is God" error. It is a failure to rightly divide scripture that causes the confusion of who God is and who he is not, who Jesus Christ is and who he is not.

Believers who work to rightly divide the truth believe that

Jesus is the son of God

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus did not come down from heaven, Christ did.

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day and he saw it and was glad. Then said the Jews unto him, "Thou art not yet fifty years old and hast thou seen Abraham?"

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, "Before Abraham was, I am." (John 8:56-58)

Who said he existed before Abraham? Was it Jesus?

Jesus said, "If I have told you earthly things and ye believe not, how shall ye believe if I tell you of heavenly things? And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." (John 3:12-13)

A man came down from heaven and ascended back into heaven. Who? The Son of Man.

Was Christ the Son of Man before he was born of Mary? No.

Was Christ the Son of God before he was born of Mary? No.

Jesus IS the Christ.

keypurr

You don't pay attention to details, but the KJB is a Holy book of details!

It is not me who is not educated in the details friend.

Colossians 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

God is a spirit, as Christ told us he is. He is the express image of the father. Heb 1:3. That makes the son a spirit also.

Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

God created al things through his spiritual son CHRIST in Heaven and Earth.

Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Christ was God's FIRST creation, for all things were created through him., Being an image proves that he is firstborn of all CREATURES.,

The spiritual son was in the flesh son. Christ needed a body to dwell in. Heb 10:5. Jesus is the body prepared for Christ.

Colossians 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

The spiritual son Christ was given the fullness on the Father, he is a created form of God. However he is not God. Jesus received the power of Christ at his anointing Acts 10:38, that is when Jesus became the Christ. That is when God declared that "This is my son".
Jesus Christ then went into the wilderness for forty days to adjust to the knowledge and power he just received, then Satan tempted him

Colossians 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

Colossians 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

You have been shown the truth over and over on this site and reject it. Go back to your cult.[/QUOTE]

AMEN, Jesus Christ is our Lord, but it is his Father who is our God.

After three years of study on this topic I think I know the details friend. Do your own study on Heb 1, Col 1, Phil 2, Heb 10.

Jesus tells us that only his Father is the true God, trust him. John 17:3

keypurr

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day and he saw it and was glad. Then said the Jews unto him, "Thou art not yet fifty years old and hast thou seen Abraham?"

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, "Before Abraham was, I am." (John 8:56-58)

Who said he existed before Abraham? Was it Jesus?

Jesus said, "If I have told you earthly things and ye believe not, how shall ye believe if I tell you of heavenly things? And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." (John 3:12-13)

A man came down from heaven and ascended back into heaven. Who? The Son of Man.

Was Christ the Son of Man before he was born of Mary? No.

Was Christ the Son of God before he was born of Mary? No.

Jesus IS the Christ.

You overlook the fact that the spiritual son Christ, who was at the creation of the Universe, spoke through the body God prepared for him on Earth. There were no men in heaven, heaven is a spirit world for spiritual beings. Christ took the form of man by dwelling in Jesus. Christ is the son God sent, Jesus, the flesh son, is the body God created for him. Christ was NOT a man when he came to us until he took over Jesus. He needed a body to reflect God's will to us and become the Lamb of God.

The important detail that most miss is that Christ was a spiritual being that took the form of man. He is the express image of the invisible God. Christ BECAME a man for us in the body of Jesus. Jesus was a MAN, Christ was a spirit. The Universe was laid out by Christ, Jesus was born many years later. Mary did not give birth to Christ, he gave birth to Jesus. Jesus became the Christ at his baptism.

One of these days Christ will return for us, and we will be changed into a different body.

keypurr

Joh 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

NOTE: in the thirty translations I have not one of them says A MAN came down from Heaven.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Christ took the form of man by dwelling in Jesus.

Christ dwells in each of us.

But ye are not in the flesh but in the Spirit if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. (Romans 8:9)​

You seem to claim that before his baptism at 30 years old that Jesus was carnal, i.e. lacking the Spirit of God.

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God for it is not subject to the law of God neither indeed can be. (Romans 8:7)​

Was Jesus subject to the law of God prior to his baptism?

andyc

Go back to verse 15.

Christ, not Jesus, was God's first creation.

Paul goes on to explain that the reason he is the firstborn is that he might have the preeminence.
And so, as a man he comes first, even in heaven. It's a bit of stretch to imply that the text is talking about Jesus in his pre-human existence being the first person to be created. It's not about the order of creation, but the most important person who is part of creation.