TheologyOnline enters its 15th year online

Mr. 5020

Lets celebrate TOL's 15th year online.
Wow. I've been a member here for over 9 years. It's been an fun ride. :)

- What are some of your favorite TOL memories?
- Enyart vs. Zakath Battle Royale
- lovemeorhateme's conversion
- Poly's "this is Freak arguing about a tree" post (still makes me laugh)

I'm sure there are tons more.
- What are your hopes and expectations for the next 15 years on TOL?
My consistent participation, and the return of Turbo.
- What TOL members have affected your experience on TOL (for good or bad)
Knight & Turbo: I'm now an Open Theist, and both of them have talked to me outside of TOL in some low points of my life.
Lucky: In TOL, and outside of TOL, I don't know that I respect anybody more than I do him.
Town Heretic: Makes me feel dumb. I read his posts for humility.
MaryContrary: Gave me some great advice about the female gender. I have an amazing, ridiculously pretty girlfriend now. Can't help but give her some credit for it.
fool: The only atheist I've wanted to hang out with.
- What has TOL meant to you?
I've been posting here since I was in my teens, and now I'm nearing 30. During my early years, I was probably somebody that Knight would rather have banned that dealt with. TOL has challenged me intellectually over and over again. It has made me a better thinker, and made me learn to communicate those thoughts. I owe this site a lot.

Please feel to add any random thoughts about TOL on it's 15th year anniversary.
Thanks to the moderators for their patience with me in years past. I hope my current and future participation helps to make up for it. :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What are some of your favorite TOL memories?

Reading posts from Clete, Sozo, StP and others.
What are your hopes and expectations for the next 15 years on TOL?

That two of them come back.

What TOL members have affected your experience on TOL (for good or bad)

I wouldn't call the bad, bad. It has sharpened the sword having perverts run their mouth, via a keyboard. And often they are stupid and good for a laugh.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm sure there are tons more.
My consistent participation, and the return of Turbo.
Knight & Turbo: I'm now an Open Theist, and both of them have talked to me outside of TOL in some low points of my life.
Lucky: In TOL, and outside of TOL, I don't know that I respect anybody more than I do him.
Town Heretic: Makes me feel dumb. I read his posts for humility.
MaryContrary: Gave me some great advice about the female gender. I have an amazing, ridiculously pretty girlfriend now. Can't help but give her some credit for it.
fool: The only atheist I've wanted to hang out with.
I've been posting here since I was in my teens, and now I'm nearing 30. During my early years, I was probably somebody that Knight would rather have banned that dealt with. TOL has challenged me intellectually over and over again. It has made me a better thinker, and made me learn to communicate those thoughts. I owe this site a lot.

Thanks to the moderators for their patience with me in years past. I hope my current and future participation helps to make up for it. :)
Great stuff! Thanks fiddy! :first: POTD

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
Dang! Fifteen years!

You got a kid picked out to turn this thing over to when you go to graze? :chuckle:

:mock: old people

:noid:

Gurucam

TOL-15-Years.jpg

It seems like just yesterday that I was creating TheologyOnline.com, a place for my fellow theology students and I to discuss class topics from Bob Hill's Derby School of Theology. Since that time TOL has grown into a world famous internet forum. Over the past 15 years TOL has evolved a great deal (micro evolution, not macro). TOL is one of the oldest and best known communities on the net. Yes we have had our ups and downs. TOL has seen the Preterist invasion, the Tweb defection, the gay mountain biker invasion, the attack of internet terrorists (many stayed because they liked TOL better than their own forum), and many, many other wild events. We have seen some interesting users come and go... BillyBob, Sozo, 1Way, ghost, me again, Sozo, Freak, ghost, Beanieboy, Z Man, Sozo, Zakath, wickwoman, did I mention Sozo or ghost?

We have hosted some killer debates such as the Battle Royale series. We helped some folks financially, and many of you helped us financially in return. We bought a goat. We facilitated a marriage. We helped a young man move from Texas to Colorado. We banned a few spammers. We banned a few trouble makers. We banned a few morons that I just didn't like.

We have welcomed literally hundreds of new TOL babies into the world since we started this forum (mostly through ghost and Adam alone :D ) some of them are now in high school! We have also lost some treasured members. :(

We have changed some minds on some very important topics. We have turned some away :( yet we have also brought some into the fold. We have changed a lot over the past 15 years but we have also stayed the same.

What are some of my favorite TOL memories? - Being able to deliver what I have to say, even though it may not be mainstream Christianity or popular Christianity.

What are my hopes and expectations for the next 15 years on TOL? - It is that what I perceive to be Truth will grown to increasing acceptance by some more people on this forum or my perception of Truth will be shown to be wrong.

What TOL members have affected my experience on TOL (for good or bad)? - Some have engaged me. A few have issued compliments. Yet I perceive that I remain a lone voice in wilderness.

What has TOL meant to me? - It is a good and a God chosen forum where I can deliver Truth, which is supported by KJV N.T. revelations and which is at serious variance with what passes passes for Christianity.

I love Truth and at the end of the day I can deliver only Truth (as supported by KJV N.T. revelations. This forum allows me to do that without towing any lines. Here I can be loyal to myself and the Spirit of Truth/Spirit of Jesus.

Knight,

Congratulations on the 15 anniversary of your forum, may it always prevail under your traditional stewardship .​

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I think perhaps when Warren Clark whined his way off the site. I find the whining liberals humorous when their hypocrisy come popping out.
For it to at least triple in size. I would like to see some people won over.
For good: Chickenman, Nick M, VegasCowboy, Rocketman, ebenz, Random, Yorzhik, Clete, S0Z0, CRASH, Psalmist, Delmar, chatmaggot, MrDeets, steko, Angel4Truth, Bob Enyart, Knight, King Cobra, DFT_Dave, MaryContrary, Lighthouse, GuySmiley and Vaquero45.
For bad, P66, waterbear, Uberpod1
It is the first website that I have seen where I can speak my mind without getting squished.

Keep up the good work. TOL draws a lot of members and keeps growing because of how it is managed. It isn't too lax, but free enough that anyone can enjoy it.

GuySmiley

Battle Royales, lovemeorhateme conversion, Enyart v Lamerson, gay mountain biker invasion, Minerva's wedding, CRASH's billboard, buying a goat, rep rampage! Specific people who I think are worth paying to read: Bob Enyart, Clete, Turbo, Hilston, Knight, Town Heretic. Then there's the people who are just good to know people, I can't list them all.

Another 15 years of greatness.

I already listed them but I'll do it again. I have a short list of people who I find particularly brilliant and I'd pay admission to read their posts: Bob Enyart, Clete, Hilston, Turbo, Knight, Town Heretic. I wish most of this list was still active, for my own selfish entertainment :)

I came here as a waivering charismatic and found out logic and God really do go together! I no longer feel like I have to shrug and just say that "God works in mysterious ways" when some topics come up. In fact, I now know that the only logical world view is the Christian world view. Thanks TOL.