TheologyOnline, the APP!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
TOL-app-graphocs-600x600.png

It's never been easier to TOL! Please feel free to download the FREE TOL App for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices.

They say you should never discuss politics and religion with friends and family. Hogwash! After all, politics and religion might be two of the most important topics we face in our daily lives.

Theology Online (TOL) has been one of the most unique and fun internet communities for almost 20 years. Now with the TOL App you can discuss and debate all of today's most interesting from wherever you are on your iPhone.

The topics on TOL including but are not limited to...

- Politics
- Religion & Theology
- Science & Technology
- Sports, Movies, Music, & Entertainment
- And just about every thing else.

Every news story is a segue into a discussion about what the news means in regard to the eternal struggle between right and wrong, and between left and right. Join our community of over 15,000 users and post your thought's on the topics that interest you.

Since 1997 TheologyOnline has been facing the hard hitting topics head-on, so grab your thick-skin and join the debate. There are also tons of lighter topics for when you just want to shoot the breeze without trying to save the world.

With the TOL App you can post new topics, and respond to others. You can post your thoughts along with posting images. You can forward your posts on to your Twitter account if you like.

You can message other TOL members and optionally receive push notifications when your topics are answered.

You might have several Bible apps on your phone but with the TOL App you can discuss the Bible with thousands of other folks all over the world.

The TOL App is a slick new FREE app with all the bells and whistles you might expect.

Last edited:

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So, do I have to download Itunes in order to get this app? I can't seem to getpast that ..

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I looked for it in the play store the other day. I'll look again.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I have an IPhone 4.

Can you make a tutorial video that gives tips on posting etiquette?
And how to's?

Posted from the TOL App!

Choleric

I am using it on my iphone 5. So far I like the layout a good bit better than tapatalk. I will let you know if the interface is better later. Seems pretty user friendly.

Posted from the TOL App!

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I did install it on my adriod, but it doesn't have post reply.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Now I found the reply. Pretty nifty. It's right there on the face of my iPhone.

Posted from the TOL App!

zoo22

It's been working well for me, and I've been enjoying using it.

I saw that it's rated 12+ for

Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References

Are there going to be changes in the way you monitor discussions and the images people post?

I don't figure it's on their radar, but I can't imagine Apple would be okay with some of the content at TOL. But I don't know... Have you seen other forum apps that have similar content/tone to say, aCW's threads or some of the race stuff here or whatever? Let's be real: aCW's threads aren't "infrequently crude" or "infrequently mild-mature/suggestive" They're frequently crude, and frequently offensive/explicit. :plain: It just seems like the app store is a very different platform for content than the internet is... Something like executing homosexuals might seem like a good one to a lot of people here at TOL, even get joked about, but to most folks it's offensive and disturbing. But I'm sure it's something you've thought through and are prepared for, and obviously it passed the review process so maybe it's not an issue at all. I was just wondering about it.

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I did install it on my adriod, but it doesn't have post reply.
It's whacky.... on an Android if you want to create a new thread in a forum you need to click the phone's menu button. On an iPhone the entire user experience is contained within the content of the app.

That's just the way Androids function.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Some commentary on the menu at the bottom right within a thread and maybe a few bugs. There are seven different symbols that appear four-at-a-time in the gray arrow that can be opened by tapping the arrow or selecting a post, which becomes highlighted. The seven symbols are:
1: A couple of arrows that point at each other's tails. This opens sharing options.
2: a. A star (if you have no post selected). This adds or removes the thread from a favorites list. You must refresh the list of threads for the update to stick.
b. A couple of speech balloons (if you have a post selected). This is a multiquote function. To use it, select the first post, then tap the multiquote button, then tap the additional posts. To reply with a single quote, select the post and use the button at the top right.
3: A compass. This takes you to the front page
4: a. An arrow, which points to its own tail if you have no post selected. This refreshes the thread.
b. A pencil if you have one of your own posts selected. This allows editing of the post.
c. An exclamation mark in a triangle if you have someone else's post selected. This is to flag the post as inappropriate (report it).

I am having a few problems using the Apple cursor. After a long tap and the appearance of the magnifying glass, the cursor will not appear on every line of the text. For example, when editing the first entry in my list above, I had to place the cursor at the beginning of line two and backspace into the line above to position the cursor. Update and workaround: Moving to the exact end of the line of text shows the cursor correctly, but anywhere after that means the cursor will not show or position itself. I would expect that moving to the line anywhere after the end of the text and releasing would place the cursor at the end of the line.

And there are lines of ghost text appearing with certain actions including cut and paste, and backspace.

Posted from the TOL App!

Last edited:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The toolbar on the top of the keyboard is missing except for the topmost bar, which manifests as a white line over text.View attachment 18192

Posted from the TOL App!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We have an update in the pipeline. Hopefully it will address some bugs.

Although I don't see those bugs myself.

Posted from the TOL App!