These are NOT the same gospel

glorydaz

There is NO "exasperation" of Jesus in Acts 1... if there was you could show it. Jesus simply told them that is was not the TIME... not that the question was wrong.
Exactly. We know the restoration of the Kingdom to Israel was postponed until after the Tribulation.

6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Paul was given REVELATION... much of that revelation was NEW information. That Paul confirms and uses the OT is not proof otherwise.
Clearly brand new information, for sure.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Yep, Paul is speaking of a spiritual kingdom when he talks about the Kingdom of God.
Like Luke 17:20 " And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
One is repent and be baptized. The other is believe unto righteousness.
Colossians 2:11 " In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead."

glorydaz

Like Luke 17:20 " And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."
That reminds me of His parables. We know there going to be a Kingdom on earth where Jesus is King, and there is a Kingdom in heaven.

Lots of kingdom parables out there, for sure.

glorydaz

Colossians 2:11 " In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead."
That isn't water baptism....by the hands of man. Just as the circumcision is not by hands.
We are baptised by the Spirit into the body of Christ. All spiritual. No water and no knife.

glorydaz

Ok. But that doesn't mean Peter and Paul preached different gospels. After all Paul went through in Acts, here's what he was preaching:
Acts 28:31 (KJV) Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.
I don't know if I responded to this, but it got me to thinking. Paul got fed up with preaching to the Jews and having them reject his gospel.
Clearly, back in Acts 13, Paul was preaching his Gospel. He spoke of the death and resurrection and then this....

Acts 13:
28 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:
39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.
46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

glorydaz

It's not new information if Paul is telling us to search the scriptures to confirm that what he is preaching is truth.
I don't think he was claiming all his revelations could be found in scripture. Unless, perhaps, they were hidden.

Romans 16:25-26
25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Colossians 1:27
To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Derf

I don't know if I responded to this, but it got me to thinking. Paul got fed up with preaching to the Jews and having them reject his gospel.
Clearly, back in Acts 13, Paul was preaching his Gospel. He spoke of the death and resurrection and then this....

Acts 13:
28 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:
39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.
46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.
Just as clearly Paul NEVER stopped preaching to Jews as a people, as shown in Acts 28. He continued to go to the Jews first, then to the Gentiles.

Arial

Just as clearly Paul NEVER stopped preaching to Jews as a people, as shown in Acts 28. He continued to go to the Jews first, then to the Gentiles.
And the epistles of Paul addressed to specific churches, were churches that contained both Jewish and Gentile believers.

glorydaz

so do you think there's any benefit for Jews to choose one gospel over the other?
Oh my goodness. I've never thought of that before. :oops:

To be part of Christ's body or be His bride? You always make me think, Derf.

After much thought.......... I prefer to be where I am.....seated with Him in the heavenlies.
The Jews are required to endure to the end, and they have even more rough times ahead.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
so do you think there's any benefit for Jews to choose one gospel over the other?
Good question.
If both saved, what would it matter which one anyone chooses?
Why even have "another" gospel at all if there was already one that saved?