Theology Club: THREE IRREFUTABLE PROOFS WHERE THE BODY OF CHRIST BEGAN !!

Paulos

" IN CHRIST " as PAUL IS THE only one that uses that PHRASE , " IN CHRIST " 31 times and " IN CHRIST JESUS , 47 times !!

The 12 , nor Peter write about this Phrase !!

1 John 4:13
By this we know that WE ABIDE IN HIM, and HE IN US, because He has given us of His Spirit.​

DAN P

1 John 4:13
By this we know that WE ABIDE IN HIM, and HE IN US, because He has given us of His Spirit.​

Hi , and 1 John was never written to the Body of Christ !!

1 John 4:13 , has 3 different verb tenses !!

#1 , We know /Ginosko , in the Preasent tense , Actice voice , Indicative Mood !!

#2 , WE dwell / Meno , also in the Present Tense Active Voice and indicative Mood !!

#3 , He has given / Didomi which is in the Perfect Tense , Active Voice and in the Indicatice Mood of Fact .

The Perfect Tense should tell all that since Israel has been set aside the the Perfect tense will CONTINUE its Results after the Body of Christ is gone , Rom 11:25 !!

dan p

heir

TOL Subscriber
Intriguing points, but on this one someone is bound to bring up Matthew 7:22-23. How would you reply?
I know what I would say...

I'd say that was impossible, for the Lord DOES KNOW ME!

2 Timothy 2:19 KJV Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

musterion

What I mean is, I never thought about it until tonight...Paul said what he said but Christ on earth said what HE said, too - some who clearly don't have the Spirit WOULD call Him Lord, which is in opposition to what Paul wrote.

I know these are not contradictory but, on the face of it, it would be the first objection raised to Dan's point. I have not studied it out to have found the solution (and am too tired to do it tonight).

DAN P

Intriguing points, but on this one someone is bound to bring up Matthew 7:22-23. How would you reply?

Hi , and you have brought it up , have you not ?

#1 , Who was Matthew written to ??

#2 , If you say that it is to the Body of Christ , you are wrong and need to look at the context again !

#3 , Who has prophesied in His name at this point in time ?

#4 , Who is casting out demons today ?

This happening during the Great Tribulation and not until then < don't you see !!

dan p

musterion

Hi , and you have brought it up , have you not ?

Jews.

#2 , If you say that it is to the Body of Christ , you are wrong and need to look at the context again !

#3 , Who has prophesied in His name at this point in time ?

You mean up to THAT point in time? I presume John the Baptizer.

#4 , Who is casting out demons today ?

ACTUALLY casting them out? I see no evidence that anyone is. CLAIMING to cast them out in His Name? That's another matter, as you know.

This happening during the Great Tribulation and not until then < don't you see !!

Could be.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The church of course. Matthew was composed sometime in the 50s or 60s, well after the church had been established. It was written to and for her, as were the rest of the Gospels.

SaulToPaul 2

The church of course. Matthew was composed sometime in the 50s or 60s, well after the church had been established. It was written to and for her, as were the rest of the Gospels.

To the church in the wilderness (Acts 7), the church (Matthew 16), or the church the Body of Christ?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
To the church in the wilderness (Acts 7), the church (Matthew 16), or the church the Body of Christ?
The church is the Bride (it is in this way that she is his Body) of Christ. We Christians are all the church; past, present, and future.

musterion

The church is the Bride (it is in this way that she is his Body) of Christ. We Christians are all the church; past, present, and future.

My personal view: if the Body is also the Bride, then God is an adulterer because He has two wives. Redeemed Israel (which may not really exist at the moment, but will again) is still his Bride by virtue of His promises; that is, I do not know that He has truly divorced her. Others feel free to correct me on that.

SaulToPaul 2

My personal view: if the Body is also the Bride, then God is an adulterer because He has two wives. Redeemed Israel (which may not really exist at the moment, but will again) is still his Bride by virtue of His promises; that is, I do not know that He has truly divorced her. Others feel free to correct me on that.

Not to mention, The Bride, the Lamb's wife is an actual city...according to God's own word.

SaulToPaul 2

Can God make a rock so heavy he cannot lift it? :)

Can you ask Mary for me? :D

Seriously, God told some people they would inherit land forever. He told other people they would inherit a heavenly city forever. He told some other people their inheritance was far above all heavens.

Why should I think they are all in the same church?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
There is and always has been a remnant.

My personal view of the Jewish people is that the Catholic Church* stands ready to receive them at the drop of a hat, whenever they choose freely to embrace the Lord Jesus Christ. But who knows how that could happen? (I'm regarding the flesh here.) Will they come en mass? One by one? In chunks? Regardless of how or when it happens, it will happen, and it will be GLORIOUS.

* I'm aware that, as another poster here has said, "My Catholic is showing." :)

musterion

There is and always has been a remnant.

My personal view of the Jewish people is that the Catholic Church* stands ready to receive them at the drop of a hat, whenever they choose freely to embrace the Lord Jesus Christ. But who knows how that could happen? (I'm regarding the flesh here.) Will they come en mass? One by one? In chunks? Regardless of how or when it happens, it will happen, and it will be GLORIOUS.

* I'm aware that, as another poster here has said, "My Catholic is showing." :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't it long been Rome's position that she has replaced Israel forever as God's favored people? I know Reformed folks tend to believe this; I've read their belief is part of the Catholic baggage they never bothered losing during the semi-Reformation.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Can you ask Mary for me? :D
She says, "Let it be." ;)
Seriously, God told some people they would inherit land forever. He told other people they would inherit a heavenly city forever. He told some other people their inheritance was far above all heavens.

Why should I think they are all in the same church?
My personal view is, because as far as paradoxes go, this isn't a particularly difficult one. In the very end, the whole world, all of Creation, heaven and earth, will be full of Christians.

SaulToPaul 2

She says, "Let it be." ;)
My personal view is, because as far as paradoxes go, this isn't a particularly difficult one. In the very end, the whole world, all of Creation, heaven and earth, will be full of Christians.

Indeed,

The earth will be full of God's people.
The holy city will be full of God's people.
The heavens will be full of God's people.

But, the doctrine for each of these churches differs. Their purpose differs. God has made them distinct for a reason.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't it long been Rome's position that she has replaced Israel forever as God's favored people? I know Reformed folks tend to believe this; I've read their belief is part of the Catholic baggage they never bothered losing during the semi-Reformation.
In a sense, sure (Romans 11:7,17).

The church waits (Romans 11:25), in awe (Romans 11:20), for all Israel to join us (Romans 11:23,24).

Once we're all together, I believe the current confusion over who are God's favored people ends.