Theology Club: Today Many in the Neo-MAD Camp are King James Only

Jerry Shugart

Thank you for your allegiance with the following:

“And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.”
**Genesis‬ *1:5‬ *ASV‬‬
http://bible.com/12/gen.1.5.asv

So?

Just as the beginning of the day changed the beginning of the year changed as well (Ex.12:2).

As I said, the Jewish day started in the morning, as witnessed by what is written here:

"In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulcher" (Mt.28:1; KJV).​

The two Marys came to the tomb at the rising of the sun (Mk.16:1) and that is when the first day of the week began.

According to you the day spoken of there would have ended in the evening. But when the evening of that day came that day remained the first day of the week:

"Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you" (Jn.20:19; KJV).​

Jerry Shugart

It's the same day.

OK, I agree with you. The "day" mentioned in both of these verses is the same exact day:

"And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?" (Mk.14:12; KJV).​

"Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the Passover" (Mt.26:17; KJV).​

Now that we agree that both of these verses are speaking of the same exact day now let us look at this verse again to determine what day of the month these things happened:

"And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?" (Mk.14:12; KJV).​

You said that the day when the Passover was killed on the 14th:

Passover lambs were killed on the 14th.

That means that the day mentioned here was the 14th:

"Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the Passover" (Mt.26:17; KJV).​

We can know that this translation from the KJV which says "the first day of the feast of unleavened bread" cannot possibly be correct since that day was on the 15th and not the 14th:

"And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread" (Lev.23:6; KJV).​

The translation at Matthew 26:17 in the KJV is in error.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

Is this a salvific issue for you that you have entrenched yourself in it and cannot let it go?

What is it that you are trying to prove?

If you do not know what I have proved then you need to go back and read what has been said on this thread. It is not a salvific issue with me but I believe that the subject is worthy of discussion.

Jerry Shugart

Jerry is trying to prove that he is smarter and more educated than the group of men that translated the King James Bible.

Some people are unable to contribute anything of intelligence to this thread so they just make up things about others which are not true.

They know nothing about Christian behavior:

"I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace" (Eph.4:1-3).​

Right Divider

Body part
Some people are unable to contribute anything of intelligence to this thread so they just make up things about others which are not true.

"I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace" (Eph.4:1-3).​
Jerry, the great unifier.

You should really come to the realization that you don't even understand what it means to translate text from one language to another. Your arrogance in that regard is amazing.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jerry sees errors because he cannot harmonize scripture to his set script.
That leaves him with nothing to do but to defame the bible while exalting his own perceived wisdom over it.

But still, we see him over and over again accuse others of not believing what scripture says, and then turn right around and say that scripture isn't correct.

It's his script, and he is the dictator of it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The great dictator talks down to others while exalting himself.