TOL Topic of the Day:Should Major League Baseball expand the situations for use of In

NarrowWay

Awww, shucks!
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for July 28th, 2011 10:55 AM

toldailytopic: Should Major League Baseball expand the situations for use of Instant Replay?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I don't think that situation is a first. I have watched enough baseball games where there were extended timeouts where the umpires bickered over whether to call a runner out or not. Why baseball hasn't instituted instant replay I don't understand. Is it pride or just plain stupidity? Baseball is a sport rife with silly superstitions and traditions. Maybe that plays a role in the sport's reluctance to accept the technology of instant replay. Instant replay has been around since 1963. This is 2011--almost 50 years. The stupidity lingers like Babe Ruth's supposed ghost.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It should be like the NHL. The NFL uses it wrong. The NFL declares the call is made on the field, whether they saw it or not, and you have to overrule without question.

When no call should be made and they should go straight to the monitor.

john w

Hall of Fame
No, as it would lower the probability of me getting mad at the umps, and lower the # of brewski's I'd be consuming.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes. Hopefully they don't overuse it.

It would be ok with me if Greg Maddux had a whole of balls in the dirt changed from called strike to ball, and wins vaccated.

He earned that call.

Oh, shut up Joe Morgan.