toldailytopic: Once in heaven, will you have the option to leave?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
To be in heaven is to be with the Lord.

Romans 8

38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,
39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

eameece

I think yes. Satan and his legions were with God and chose to leave so I think we would have that same option. However, given that there is really only one place to go if you are not in heaven, I can't imagine actually wanting to leave.
There's plenty of other places to go; like back to Earth, which we each have done many times. Or other places.

We come from heaven, are in heaven, and will return to heaven; again and again.

csuguy

We don't go to heaven: God remakes the heaven's and the earth and then joins us on earth - ruling us directly, finally correcting the mistake that the Jews made so long ago when they demanded to have a king over them.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Options can only exist where there is a possibility for desire. A desire to be separate from the Lord can only come from the flesh. But we will be redeemed at that point, not only spiritually but also physically.
For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. II Cor. 5:1
That house - our physically redeemed body - is eternal in the heavens. Not temporary in the heavens. If we could leave, it would be "temporal in the heavens."

Even though this was posted yesterday I am still making it my SPOTD. :first:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Options can only exist where there is a possibility for desire. A desire to be separate from the Lord can only come from the flesh. But we will be redeemed at that point, not only spiritually but also physically.
For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. II Cor. 5:1
That house - our physically redeemed body - is eternal in the heavens. Not temporary in the heavens. If we could leave, it would be "temporal in the heavens."

Excellent post - I cannot imagine that anyone would want to leave - after already having known what it is to be separated from God.