toldailytopic: The Pope. Who is he to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I believe that you are misunderstanding me.

It's as though I claimed that the cats today ultimately can trace their generation to some previous cat or set of cats, and you objected, saying: "Yeah, but which cat came from which cat? You don't know!"

I'd shrug my shoulders and say: "Dunno, but the fact is, for any given cat, it came from some cat."

In order to cast doubt on apostolic succession, you'd have to show me some period of time after Jesus and the Apostles in which there were no validly ordained bishops.
The cat exist and the RCC exist. Cat and RCC split and neither can look organic. Many cats and many denominations. Cat wants to be the king and the RCC wants to be the kings. We don't have kind anymore. RCC has short legs and can't walk anymore

heir

TOL Subscriber
toldailytopic: The Pope. Who is he to you?

He's one of these:

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

2 Corinthians 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Apostolic succession refers to the succession of bishops in general. Even if there is doubt about who the second, third or fourth pope was, this alone doesn't confer doubt that, for any given set of bishops, that there was another bishop or set of bishops who ordained them, and this succession of ordinations ultimately traces back to Jesus and the apostles.
Leave it to the "Catholic church" to get the pattern wrong! Our pattern is Paul!

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

brewmama

Leave it to the "Catholic church" to get the pattern wrong! Our pattern is Paul!

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Is it a pattern of yours to post scripture that is meaningless to the topic at hand? You seem to do it a lot. Where on earth do you get that St. Paul was in some way different than the other apostles, and had different ecclesiology and doctrines? Have you ever been to any of the churches that St Paul started? Yes, a lot of them are still there.

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Is it a pattern of yours to post scripture that is meaningless to the topic at hand?
The pope according to Catholics is their pattern. Posting 1 Timothy 1:16 KJV to show the pattern is Paul is not meaningless nor is scripture ever "meaningless".

You seem to do it a lot.
Yes, I do! (2 Timothy 4:2 KJV).
Where on earth do you get that St. Paul was is some way different than the other apostles, and had different ecclesiology and doctrines?
Romans 11:13 KJV, Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV, 1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV, Galatians 1:11-12 KJV, Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV, 2 Timothy 1:13 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:2 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV
Have you ever been to any of the churches that St Paul started?
Anyone who has trusted the Lord believing Paul's gospel is a member of the church, the Body of Christ! I'm a member, how about you?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Is it a pattern of yours to post scripture that is meaningless to the topic at hand? You seem to do it a lot. Where on earth do you get that St. Paul was is some way different than the other apostles, and had different ecclesiology and doctrines? Have you ever been to any of the churches that St Paul started? Yes, a lot of them are still there.

If you can understand plain speech then you would see and know that every scripture heir posts answers a question and she lets the story be told through scripture. She does it better than anybody, her posts are the best.

brewmama

The pope according to Catholics is their pattern. Posting 1 Timothy 1:16 KJV to show the pattern is Paul is not meaningless nor is scripture ever "meaningless".

Yes, I do! (2 Timothy 4:2 KJV).Romans 11:13 KJV, Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV, 1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV, Galatians 1:11-12 KJV, Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV, 2 Timothy 1:13 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:2 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV Anyone who has trusted the Lord believing Paul's gospel is a member of the church, the Body of Christ! I'm a member, how about you?

I never said scripture was meaningless, just that your quotes have little bearing on the issues discussed. And you just did it again.
Once again, you give scriptures that do nothing to answer the question. How do those verses separate Paul in ecclesiology or doctrine from the other Apostles?

I didn't realize you were a member of the Greek Orthodox Church? Is that right?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I never said scripture was meaningless, just that your quotes have little bearing on the issues discussed. And you just did it again.
Once again, you give scriptures that do nothing to answer the question. How do those verses separate Paul in ecclesiology or doctrine from the other Apostles?

I didn't realize you were a member of the Greek Orthodox Church? Is that right?

We let Paul do the talking (scriptures), which is straight from Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.