toldailytopic: To circumcise or not circumcise. What should Christian parents do?

Paulos

However, there are those adult males who suffer from chronic infections who wind up having circumcision of necessity. It is quite a painful procedure for an adult.

Infants are actually more sensitive to pain than adult humans. Circumcision is an extremely painful experience for babies, so painful that it can cause neurogenic shock.

What is "neurogenic shock"? See: http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Neurogenic_shock

For more information, see here: http://www.drmomma.org/2009/11/circumcision-how-much-does-it-hurt.html

oatmeal

We are no longer under the law.

Circumcision of the heart is a much better choice. Our hearts need reflect our commitment to God's truths.

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
Actually its a rather variable trait. Lots are born with little to no foreskin, others have a lot. You could view circumcision as a way of stanardizing everyone.

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. But you don't really need to know the nuances when you reject it based on lack of consent, a pedophiles preference, etc.

As for standardisation... Why? Variety is the spice of life. (In reference to other things varied not foreskin).

I'm sure all of you are aware of the pedophillic circumcision method practised (and from what I know) still legal in New York?

:nono: Be serious

Woof.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: To circumcise or not circumcise. What should Christian parents do?

Religiously it doesn't matter. Beyond that I have no opinion, as I do not know very much about it.

Go with culture and medical advice, its not a spiritual issue any more.
I almost completely agree with this; I don't care about culture, but the rest is spot on.

rainee

However, there are those adult males who suffer from chronic infections who wind up having circumcision of necessity. It is quite a painful procedure for an adult.

All I know is that a long time ago a father of a boyfriend had his son circumcised when he was born here in the States because when he had been born in Holland he was not circumcised. This father said it was a lot of trouble for him and he wanted to save his son from that.

The act as part of a religion bears remembering because who doesn't want to understand the spiritual message?
But I agree it is not given to Christianity.

And who dares talk about barbaric? You would not have sex then since females are virgins?

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is no less legalism than those that say they water baptise as an outward sign. Which is Biblically false.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
To snip or not.....

To snip or not.....

~*~*~

I'd advocate for parents making an informed decision on the matter, to research the pros and cons no matter one's religious belief. Be intelligent, considering short and long term effects.

We cover this "in depth" in our older thread on the subject -

Circumcision is a pagan rite

pj

Clem

That that is natural in God's eyes should not be tampered with without good reason.
If Female Genital Mutilation is wrong, they why should circumcision be okay.
And many American doctors hate doing this, but they do because their contracts say they have to.
It's what's in your heart that matter, not symbols and rituals that are meant to coercively bind.
The Mormons (whom I respect), won't even baptise a child, until it can think independently.
So is baptism of a baby for the baby, or is it statement of intention by the adults involved
to parent in Christ.
This is good for the family, but for the child, is it not his or her confirmation that really matters,
or his or her freely chosen baptism later in life.