toldailytopic: Vitamins and supplements: should the government regulate more like pha

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
It fills the muscles with water, that is where the creatine deaths come from. And muscle "gain". They get dehydrated.

:) Nick....it's in your steak.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatine

Supplementation can be dangerous if you have a pre-existing kidney condition.....but that's about it as far as serious concerns go. :idunno:

....and anyone who knows the substance knows that it doesn't really grow muscle :nono: ....the purpose of supplementation is to make your muscles more efficient at energy consumption so you can work harder to achieve greater gains.

nicholsmom

It fills the muscles with water, that is where the creatine deaths come from. And muscle "gain". They get dehydrated.

Creatine or no creatine, my husband will never get dehydrated - the man drinks something like 4-5 liters of water a day. And yes, he has been checked for diabetes. He just burns calories very efficiently - his furnace is on either high or higher because of his diet and the sort of exercise he does. I can get my body working the same way when I commit to eating that much, but it takes up so much of my time and attention to eat that often. When I do, I'm always hot, most often hungry, and drink lots of water (makes me thirsty), as well as dropping fat and having more energy and strength.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Creatine or no creatine, my husband will never get dehydrated - the man drinks something like 4-5 liters of water a day. And yes, he has been checked for diabetes. He just burns calories very efficiently - his furnace is on either high or higher because of his diet and the sort of exercise he does. I can get my body working the same way when I commit to eating that much, but it takes up so much of my time and attention to eat that often. When I do, I'm always hot, most often hungry, and drink lots of water (makes me thirsty), as well as dropping fat and having more energy and strength.

I usually put away about a gallon a day myself. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.